Vedai's Stainless Steel Fork

Conspiir

BYOND Key: Conspiir

Character name: Vedai’Kwia Xizal

Item name: Stainless Steel Fork

Why is your character carrying said item to work? He eats! That’s what he does! That’s ALL he does! You can’t stop him! Because expecting a chef to have a fork is too much to ask on this station for some reason, and he’s sick of it. ((Also he like never brings forks back and chefs hate that, but he has to be prepared to eat whenever the opportunity presents itself))

Item function(s): It’s a fork. It has all the code of a regular fork.

Item description: A stainless steel fork. The word “Kwia” is engraved on the back of the handle.

Item appearance: I aimed to make it a bit shinier than the normal sprite, which is made of steel. Stainless steel is more durable and gives off a lighter sheen.

BRAINOS has helpfully supplied a much better looking and shinier fork that I'd like to use instead. I'll still keep the information here as reference, but this is the superior fork sprite.

BRAINOS' fork:

unknown.png

123e842a9d.png

Old info:

(My first ever, horrid-but-well-meaning attempt at spriting. The in-hand and in-boot sprites will be exactly the same as a normal fork. I have no idea if this .dmi actually functions and have no way to test it, but I'm willing to send it over anyway if it saves other people some work. I should not be given tools like this without proper training, I break things.)

1cf266aca0.png

That looks hella impossible to see, so here’s a high-contrast background, I guess?

762004c454.png

For reference, this is the normal fork sprite in the kitchen.dmi, which I assume is white because it can be made out of other materials. I don't know. I don't ask questions, I just fumble my way through life. Maybe you aren't even supposed to color these sprites. Iunno.

7666a840dc.png

How will you use this to better interact with crew and/or stimulate RP? Vedai currently carries a bootfork he makes each shift from the first load of metal he brings in. People know about this bootfork. It gets him weird looks and comments. Who carries a fork in their boot? Why, a Skrell that eats. He went out and bought this one with some extra cash from a lotto ticket used to pay a debt.

Additional comments:

The real question, is does this violate the “No Weapons” rule. I might stab someone for 0 damage. Or use it as a retractor when doing ghetto surgery. :bigthonk:

Edited by Guest

i support this 110%

especially considering how this actually follows a certain story arc for vedai, i absolutely adore this hungry skrell and how they went out and got a fancy fork one day after getting like ten thousand credits

garfield skrell for the fucking win though

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...