Just like the Ask a Mod/Admin thread, but for CCIA!

Owen

How many heads of staff are required to make a decision regarding something with Captain authority? Can just two sole heads of staff rule in on a decision and be able to call it a 'Majority of Heads of Staff ruling'?

Although I presume if a single individual can be made a Acting Captain then two can act as majority of heads, but it's good to be informed.

How does election of Acting Captain work in less-then-ideal situations? Can a single head of staff, with the rest of the heads dead or never present, legitimately declare their-self to be Acting Captain?

How many heads of staff are required to make a decision regarding something with Captain authority? Can just two sole heads of staff rule in on a decision and be able to call it a 'Majority of Heads of Staff ruling'?

Although I presume if a single individual can be made a Acting Captain then two can act as majority of heads, but it's good to be informed.

How does election of Acting Captain work in less-then-ideal situations? Can a single head of staff, with the rest of the heads dead or never present, legitimately declare their-self to be Acting Captain?

We actually had a good discussion about this maybe two weeks ago. In a single head of staff situation, whether by manifest or by death/kidnapping/incapacitation of all other heads, they can declare themselves Acting Captain.

The only thing that is required to make a decision with acting captain authority is a majority of the heads of staff, HOWEVER, heads of staff are supposed be in good communication with each other about what's going on and keeping each other on the same page, so it's best to keep them informed, assuming you're not an antag and they haven't gone rogue.

• 1 month later...
What is the IC punishments for situation reports?

There is a finite list of punishments we can give out which are on a spectrum of severity. The lowest we can give are reprimands, and the highest is terminating a characters employment contract. In-between those, in no particular order, are temporary injunction (these function as restraining orders between people) temporary suspension, as well as their permanent counterparts for more serious infractions. There's also IC job bans, as well as demotions. Very rarely used, we can also reassign people as a punishment, but typically a demotion or suspension will be used instead of that. We can also have people go through anger management or sensitively training, and hand out formal warnings which can be in their character records for all heads of staff to see.

• 4 months later...

If it is a moderate or severe IC crime not related to antag involvement. Security should be able to present convincing evidence, not just oh so and so did this I was told by 'X' when requested if a complaint is filed with an IAA or any head of staff aboard that shift. It would be regarded as false imprisonment and illegal detention. A officer can arrest you in the act (But will still need to leave a recorded statement of what they saw after the fact). But if it is hearsay. They are expected to collect evidence and witness statements during your before (Enough to bring you in) and during processing (Anything remaining or conflicts you bring to light).

>>>Especially given sec records carry over now.<<<

There has been a rise in the need for better security work. Any heads of staff or IAA who refuses to promptly evaluate all evidence in a complaint of false imprisonment in round without extremely good reason will face possible suspension or outright removal of their command access.

And security are likewise expected to supply it upon request. And suspension for sec staff will be common for anyone who cannot meet a requested reasonable burden of proof.

I agree, because one shift I sorte of started selling herbs(dried herbs that had hullicigenecs in them) security arrested me, and presented with an arrest warrent, but they had no statments, no evidance to show what so ever and back the arrest, even when asked about the proofs they had when my character was in processing they said they were collecting it and didn't have it yet. but they somehow know I'm doing it but don't have sufficient proof. I mean this leaves a big gap for abuse and poor RP so it does need to be addressed. and some steps in arrested procedure must be cleared up.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
On 19/01/2017 at 19:10, ForgottenTraveller said:

If it is a moderate or severe IC crime not related to antag involvement. Security should be able to present convincing evidence, not just oh so and so did this I was told by 'X' when requested if a complaint is filed with an IAA or any head of staff aboard that shift. It would be regarded as false imprisonment and illegal detention. A officer can arrest you in the act (But will still need to leave a recorded statement of what they saw after the fact). But if it is hearsay. They are expected to collect evidence and witness statements during your before (Enough to bring you in) and during processing (Anything remaining or conflicts you bring to light).

>>>Especially given sec records carry over now.<<<

There has been a rise in the need for better security work. Any heads of staff or IAA who refuses to promptly evaluate all evidence in a complaint of false imprisonment in round without extremely good reason will face possible suspension or outright removal of their command access.

And security are likewise expected to supply it upon request. And suspension for sec staff will be common for anyone who cannot meet a requested reasonable burden of proof.

While I kinda agree with, Security isn't the police. Their basically a private security force, who's only real job is protect the station from anything against Company standards.