Re: [Trial] Jackboot Head of Staff Whitelist

I don’t intend to respond. I asked my questions, that’s all I dropped in to do. I was told by Alb to post the screenshots so I did. I’m not looking for an argument. *shrug*
My characters!
Spoiler:
  • Dr. Ellie Shoshanna (Head of Personnel): Retired, station soccer mom. Fitness nut. Workaholic. Too friendly.
  • Dr. Fernando Gonzales (Chief Medical Officer): Competent. Total asshole. Recovering addict. Likes knitting.
  • Tyler McMullen(Cargo Technician): Dorky skater kid with no life direction, likes disco.
  • Jiq'uiax Wrquiil (Head of Personnel): Ex-WetSkrell star. Mostly useless, kind of racist.
  • Katir Storge (Head of Security): More than likely a little drunk, very relaxed.

If anything, that looks incredibly poorly on Fernando's play. Anyway. I happened to be in that round as heister. Jackboot is probably the most fair HoS I've seen. Any other one would've immediately leapt to lethals to deal with my team, but Jackboot insisted on talking to us/using nonlethal intent. +1

I was there in the round for the Medbay incidents in question and while taken off guard by Jackboot's behavior, personally I didn't find it too extreme, but rather interesting. The one issue to me is the seemingly unnatural jump to the conclusion that Command channel was compromised when there wasn't anything in-character to support it other than being a bit too cautious. Raiders have the channels for a reason, it defeats the purpose of this if we're just going to start pre-emptively treating radio as if they're listening every time raiders/mercs appear. Even if we OOCly know that it's compromised, it's a matter of sportsmanship to treat them as normal until proven otherwise. Gonzales locking down the entire medbay over a chip bag on the lobby floor, and immediately tattling to Central Command over it instead of speaking to the Captain, is more extreme than anything Jackboot's done yet, though I won't get into how often he seems to pull stunts like this since it's not the point of the thread. Overall I've been liking Jackboot's return to command so far

The raiders had shown a weird precognition in a few small areas that triaka was playing it safe for the one specific ambush. Once the ambush was foiled the radio was used again when necessary but otherwise they chatted since the 2 officers were in a team.

It was caution and the theory was proven when the raiders mentioned someone said on security later. At the time of the attempted ambush it was a hunch due to some cues triaka noticed.

Thank you paradox for mentioning the use of nonlethal. Triaka character is one where my threshold for going lethal is very high. I try to play hos with leniency. Lots of parole and warnings.

It is hard and awkward to play this way when the person is a fellow command member and you have no captain.... so in those situations I hold a dialogue with other command.

Hello! I just wanted to throw my hat in the ring with Senpai here.

I played a couple of rounds with them, and two of their characters: Azkuyua Triaka and Rhazajun Rhazakal-Jawdat

Azkuyua was a great head of security, as a cadet I really enjoyed that they got me involved with the role play, and gave me tasks that made the round fun and immersive. They promoted my character Kevin Adams to detective during a vampire round, and I had a lot of fun interacting with them and attempting to solve the mysterious blood losses around the station. Overall they were very responsive and attentive even with a very chaotic round with lots of things going on. They weren't overly bossy, and gave a lot of leeway to how the other officers wanted to play things. Essentially it was the perfect blend of authority and cooperation, something I enjoy in a head of security player.

They have my full recommendation! +1

In game bWQ-aDdS, you confronted a CMO as a Head of Security for locking down his department as a result of a littering crewman.

In that game, as a Head of Security, you deliberated giving that CMO a criminal charge, but decided on a verbal warning instead. The two of you didn't speak about the incident significantly, after that. The incident was resolved within the round. Your HoS even apologized to the CMO at the end of the round, with no mention of any persisting conflict.

As soon as that CMO's player decided to post negative feedback on your re-application, a day later, you immediately posted an Incident Report incriminating the character for the actions you had already resolved within the round.

Is this the kind of behavior that we can look forward to, with you as a new whitelistee?
Player of: Zahra Karimi - Jennifer Beal - Rez Adesida - Reina Kikuchi - Reza El-Tahir
Have questions about CCIA? Feel free to ask!
Spoiler:

Synnono wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:50 am
In game bWQ-aDdS, you confronted a CMO as a Head of Security for locking down his department as a result of a littering crewman.

In that game, as a Head of Security, you deliberated giving that CMO a criminal charge, but decided on a verbal warning instead. The two of you didn't speak about the incident significantly, after that. The incident was resolved within the round. Your HoS even apologized to the CMO at the end of the round, with no mention of any persisting conflict.

As soon as that CMO's player decided to post negative feedback on your re-application, a day later, you immediately posted an Incident Report incriminating the character for the actions you had already resolved within the round.

Is this the kind of behavior that we can look forward to, with you as a new whitelistee?
I went to sleep after the round ended (Last Monday at 1:24 AM) and then when I woke up at 10am I went to work. I was away from my computer until 6pm.

I described the incident to another player during my lunch-break at work several hours before Resilynn even posted her response to this thread, saying I was going to file an IR when I got home and around to it. I was then made aware of Resi's post in this thread several hours later by this same player, Garnascus, who can collaborate the validity of these timestamps (and my being unaware of Resi's post in this thread) if you would like to ask him for his testimony.
I did not actually leave work early to file the IR. I was late getting home because I stopped for a milkshake then went to the store to get a pizza because I decided a milkshake wasn't enough but didn't want to go all the way back through the drive thru.

Resilynn did something that I identified as bad, and I wanted it addressed in a way that I was incapable of addressing as a head of security. Just because she made the first complaint about the situation does not make her right. I am not going to race to be the first one to lodge a complaint; my IR or complaint will land when it is suitable to me within a reasonable frame of time from the incident.

So, yes, you can continue to look forward to this behavior because my behavior was in no way wrong.

Can you please describe for me how I should have continued the confrontation with the CMO to make an IR more valid? Bear in mind we had emergencies that made any decision to arrest or otherwise butt heads with the CMO a losing prospect.

Capture+_2018-10-20-09-21-59.png
Capture+_2018-10-20-09-21-59.png (39.38 KiB) Viewed 1071 times
He tried to talk to me about the round the night before too, but instead I went to bed after I got home from work (I closed at my store on Sunday). There was another mention where he said he was going to file an IR on Resi earlier than this one, but it was in the context of him not wanting to influence my opinions on their candidacy for Skrell lore dev due to bias.
I am the Tajara Lore Overseer and Deputy Lore Master. Feel free to message me here or on Discord, or anywhere really with questions/criticisms/thoughts on anything you want. If you're too shy, many questions can be answered by reading the wiki here.

I play the Mayor of Mendell City, Gleb Plyushkin. Feel free to send me IC emails as a concerned citizen with any questions, thoughts, or even full-blown proposals for legislation, and they could be addressed or put before city council if Gleb agrees! RIP. Gun was on stun.

The Brothers Tsyrrkunov: http://forums.aurorastation.org/viewtop ... 754#p68754

Pile of delightful meme photographs:
Spoiler:
You've been HONKED by Mofo1995

From our subforum rules:
  • You are expected to try and find a resolution to situations in the round within the chain of command. You may seek further action on unresolved issues via an IR. Attach what investigation findings you can in the additional info section. Making no effort to resolve an issue may cause the incident report to be closed without investigation unless a very good reason is specified.
If this was a complaint-worthy issue, you certainly didn't do anything to help it prior to submitting the complaint. Your character had the immediate authority to resolve the issue you had with another character in the round. You chose not to, lent the impression that there was no outstanding conflict after giving your warning, and later on you filed a complaint.

Several of your command characters butt heads with people, and particularly this CMO. In the past, you've made OOC complaints about his player for them using the IR system against you, and you both push each other's buttons all the time. While you are not the only person to blame for that, only one of you is on a whitelist trial. We want to stop incidents of command players ego-sniping and undermining each other.

You are both the oldest and most prolific user of Incident Reports on our server, and I can't quite believe you don't know exactly what you're doing when you submit one. The timing is suspect, regardless of who you messaged beforehand. I don't believe we can process this report in good faith, and I encourage you to make a character or player complaint if you have outstanding issues with that character/player.
Player of: Zahra Karimi - Jennifer Beal - Rez Adesida - Reina Kikuchi - Reza El-Tahir
Have questions about CCIA? Feel free to ask!
Spoiler:

I did not feel comfortable escalating the issue with the cmo at the time. Arresting another head of staff is a big deal. I believed that it was not my place to go after another head of staff because all signs pointed to them raising hell. All I could have done otherwise was fax cc an additional complaint, which would just be asking them to babysit us when I'm fully capable of filing an ir. On top of that we got attacked by a blob and raiders so I had to prioritise....

The apology was for yelling at them about the ambush because they had a valid reason to find it suspect.

The kidnapping was not resolved but I did not want to give a backhanded apology. I find it strange you are suggesting I need to continue to raise a fuss, even at round end, in the same breath you mention you tiring of command sniping at each other?

If I did as you said then I'd be in a situation where fernando is dragged kicking and screaming to the brig and then you come to me and demand to know why I arrested a cmo when we had a blob and raiders to deal with shortly after. I still wouldnt have time to fax you because of later antags. Youd be saying I arrested them only to satisfy my ego.

You're blaming me first off for retaliating with an IR and then changing to say the IR is baseless regardless of the evidence because of a nefarious conspiracy.

You also ruled on the complaint you mentioned that filing irs like you claim I'm doing now isnt retaliation. But now it is for me? I can't win this catch-22.

I thought I could trust ccia to handle a command vs command issue since you're giving all the initiative and power during the IR process. I'm suprised and deeply disappointed that you consider me a manipulative person.

Thank you for your criticism and I will try to find methods to incorporate your concerns in the future.

Return to “Whitelist Applications Archives”