[Resolved] Heist Round:Infiltrator 'Vs' Avery/Lack of Fear RP

This is one of my first 'responses' to all this, so, forgive me for any mistakes and other shenanigans.

Round Type: Heist.

Round ID: bWU-adjv

One that gave the Warning: Tbear13

Why did you receive the Warning?: Lack of fear RP

Reason that the Warning states: As an untrained, poorly armed engineer, you shouldn't attack a heavily armed intruder to defend an office. (Copypasted it from the actual warning, don't know how to copy it on here)

Did you acknowledge the Warning?: Yes I did, didn't know what else to do.

What is your reason to make a complaint on this?: I wanted to make a complaint because in some way I don't agree with it, as in, the lack of fear that Avery showed that round/had not the time to emote/rp my stuff out. I try to recap because I don't know how to copy/paste the actual logs.

So the Intruder came from Atmos in the Engineering Department, in the lobby there was Avery, Bradley and Hana. The Infiltrator got in and went to the CE's Office's Door, bashing it multiple times as they try to get into it, Avery went near the elevator and grabbed a pickaxe and went to the Infiltrator, there was some 'commotion' going on as Avery stepped closer (One tile away) from the Intruder. I tried to emote/rp it out when the Intruder said in some way 'What are you gonna do about it?' after Avery/me respond with 'This!', I stepped closer with Avery, standing next to the Intruder with pickaxe in hands, I was trying to emote/rp it out, never my intention to attack the intruder -BEFORE- rping what Avery would do.

I wanted to make so that Avery would 'Stand there with pickaxe in his shaking hands." Ofcourse me stepping closer to the Intruder was already a misstep of mine, ofcourse as many Intruders would do is 'aim', 'hit' or move away from that person, in this case it was a 'hit'. I didn't had the time to emote his action out and how he's 'standing' there. The Intruder already hitted him, sooo hard that one of his limbs 'flew' off. After I ofcourse got in touch with TBear13 and asked me what happened and why my char went up to the intruder.

I wanted to rp/emote it out as the server states it's a 'Heavy Roleplay'. It was never my intention to just aimlessly bash into the Intruder with the pickaxe or in some way, I don't know if it could fit into this 'greytiding', again, I appreciated what TBear told me, but I felt a bit...I don't know the feeling but I do know I thought in such rounds RP would still be involved, I didn't know that such things depends on the situation.

Again, forgive me for the lack of screenshots and more information on this 'topic', I would also apologize for my grammar because English is my 2nd language, I hope this could shed some 'more' light from my side of the story but also on the round on it's own.

Thank you for reading this and I hope this could help the situation out.

Hi! Sorry it took me a while to get to this, I meant to post earlier, but forgot about it. I'll skip the 'questions' part and answer your more detailed description of what happened. Just so you know, I was playing Bradley Stennett, one of the other engineers.

So the Intruder came from Atmos in the Engineering Department, in the lobby there was Avery, Bradley and Hana. The Infiltrator got in and went to the CE's Office's Door, bashing it multiple times as they try to get into it, Avery went near the elevator and grabbed a pickaxe and went to the Infiltrator, there was some 'commotion' going on as Avery stepped closer (One tile away) from the Intruder. I tried to emote/rp it out when the Intruder said in some way 'What are you gonna do about it?' after Avery/me respond with 'This!', I stepped closer with Avery, standing next to the Intruder with pickaxe in hands, I was trying to emote/rp it out, never my intention to attack the intruder -BEFORE- rping what Avery would do.

Okay, so, this paragraph shows the problem I had with your actions. The raider broke in, heavily armed, and obviously not wanting to be messed with. Your first reaction was to grab a weapon and begin threatening him, getting a pick-axe and telling him to stop what he was doing. You got up only a tile away, as you said, and when he asked what you would do about it, you yelled 'This!' and charged at him with the pick-axe. Whatever your intentions were, you made it appear that you were trying to hurt or kill the raider. The raider reacted the apparent attack by chopping off your leg with a fire-axe.

I wanted to make so that Avery would 'Stand there with pickaxe in his shaking hands." Ofcourse me stepping closer to the Intruder was already a misstep of mine, ofcourse as many Intruders would do is 'aim', 'hit' or move away from that person, in this case it was a 'hit'. I didn't had the time to emote his action out and how he's 'standing' there. The Intruder already hitted him, sooo hard that one of his limbs 'flew' off. After I ofcourse got in touch with TBear13 and asked me what happened and why my char went up to the intruder.

The problem wasn't that you didn't emote after you got the pick-axe, the problem was that your apparently untrained and terrified engineer's first reaction to a hostile was to grab a pick-axe and begin threatening him. Roleplay isn't all about emoting, it's about playing a realistic character, and a realistic reaction wouldn't be to threaten him.

I wanted to rp/emote it out as the server states it's a 'Heavy Roleplay'. It was never my intention to just aimlessly bash into the Intruder with the pickaxe or in some way, I don't know if it could fit into this 'greytiding', again, I appreciated what TBear told me, but I felt a bit...I don't know the feeling but I do know I thought in such rounds RP would still be involved, I didn't know that such things depends on the situation.

While it wasn't your intention to silently attack him, it definitely appeared that way to other people involved. Conflict, and to a lesser extent combat, are both valid forms of roleplay, even if they don't involve a lot of emoting and interaction.

Heya [mention]tbear13[/mention]

Forgive me if this is not send the correct way, still learning alot of things for the forums.

Your response made me also see your view of what happened but also from the others that were present in that room, it was not my intention to silently attack him, true, but as you said in your reply to my post that it 'appeared that way to other people involved', I will try my best and think twice how to RP and act in such 'events'/moments more.

Like I said before, I appreciated the help and info you provided me, I will try my best to not let this happen again, thank you.

[mention]TheLoneWolfer[/mention] Glad you understand where I'm coming from. It can be hard to see things from other perspectives. Thanks for being so cooperative in tickets, and for looking at this as a learning experience! Hope we'll get to play together again sometime.

• 2 weeks later...