Add Magboots to Mining EVA

With the current mapping, many people (myself included) have had at least one roundstart fall from lag or other reasons, and Mining is usually a noobie player job, so I believe we should add magboots at roundstart for them.

Before you say "Oh but you can buy them." You can also buy pickaxes and the like but nobody ever does because it's not needed. They exist to replace lost/stolen gear. Much like not removing the magboots would be for still in the machine.

Don't give me that EA "Sense of pride and accomplishment" bullshit when you're against this thanks.

I agree with this wholeheartedly, especially since every other department has access to magboots in EVA storage, even though save for engineering, they spend nearly their entire time inside the station, while miners' entire job is EVA. I might toss this into my roundstart PR for engineering when github is working properly again.

Suit coolers too, for IPC miners.

They normally have to hope robotics can print them one, they shouldn't have to.

I'm pretty sure

A) It's on the table with the toolbox and

B) You can print one from cargo's autolathe

Magboots is definitely a pressing need, though, I'd say. Particularly since we're given a few piles of rods. Odds of slipping from any rod-built lattice is fairly high without mags.

There was a project I wanted to do that involved giving miners magboots, and adding some forms of wildlife to the asteroid as compensation, however there were outcries of the xenoarchaeologist getting shafted. Would people still be interested in a PR that does that if the xenobiologist is given a small arm to defend themself?

There was a project I wanted to do that involved giving miners magboots, and adding some forms of wildlife to the asteroid as compensation, however there were outcries of the xenoarchaeologist getting shafted. Would people still be interested in a PR that does that if the xenobiologist is given a small arm to defend themself?

I supported it then and I still support it now. Plus it'd encourage Science to build more modular guns that actually work, to give to Xenoarch to use against wildlife. They'd have to ask Security for firing pins in order to do this, which would encourage Science an Sec to get back together after the modular weapons update kinda rifted the relationship they had.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gem locked this topic