[Accepted] FreshRefreshments IPC Whitelist app

BYOND Key: FreshRefreshments

Character Names: Full list is in the signature, but Suzuul Guwan, Haz’ala Karak, and Erin MacGregor are the most prominent as of this apps posting.

Species you are applying to play: IPC, Baseline specifically

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): Purple anyway.

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: I enjoy most of the xeno races the server has, and the lore surrounding them. Why IPCs now, specifically, is because I get ideas I want to implement. I like to brainstorm characters, even if they are part of a whitelist I do not currently have.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: Robots have a distinction between them and not only Humans, but every other species; they are inorganic. They simply cannot feel pain (although this does not mean they cannot disregard their own safety- repairs are expensive and they make little money). They are based on logic- no matter the personality that might come through, at their core, they are a binary, yes/no reaction.

Character Name: Dead-Lift

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs Dead-Lift, or at the time, known as B.M.U.F.M.A. (Baseline Model Unit For Menial Activity), was created at Bishop Production Factory Adhama, aka “Glory” in the year 2558. After their construction, they were bought by a rather wealthy Suit in Eridani, and for a short stint of time, simply acted as an equivalent to a secretary or butler.

This changed after a year, and a grand theft organized by a large Dreg gang was staged on the Suit’s home, stealing numerous things, and among others, B.M.U.F.M.A. themselves. They were stolen, retagged, and given a different paint job, along with ownership papers being forged. After this, they spent most of their time being a basic worker, doing easy tasks that the rest of the gang was simply too lazy to do themselves.Their name at the time fell under the moniker “12-Gauge”.

This kicked off a hectic period of time, where he was stolen by competing gangs on a handful of occasions, each time being given a different name and branding. Falling under the names “Patches”, “Shredder”, and on one occasion, “Beer Bro”, before finally falling into the hands of a particularly mechanically inclined Dreg that, along with fleeing to Tau Ceti due to in-fighting, and taking the IPC with them, under the name “Dead-Lift”.

Currently, Dead-Lift still works under the same Dreg, unlikely to ever pay off their debt as the Roboticist they are under takes the vast majority of their already meager pay, though complacent in their position. As the Roboticist will soon be working on The Aurora, they have requested personally that Dead-Lift work first to get a feel for the job.

What do you like about this character? They are a very much owned IPC, and because of those who owned them they have a certain feel. Although they often substitute some words with Dreg slang, at their core, when interacting with other synthetics or need a certain service, such as repairs, they would become far more robotic, as if going into a default mode.They also have a long history of swapping hands, mostly illegally, and need to keep that under wraps.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? 8/10. Im not perfect, but I think at least most people enjoy RPing with me.

Notes: The Dreg Roboticist in question is not currently made, they would be played and made by someone else, if they ever were to show up, but the offer is open.

Fresh is a good egg, as many people in the community know. He already has three other alien whitelists under his belt, which are all played spectacularly, and a command whitelist as well, which he has done quite well with. I can't speak highly enough of him OOC.

The character seems to be quite interesting, having been an IPC that's swapped hands between Eridani gangers so many times. One thing I'm curious about is how they were treated by each gang that took them on. Were some more positive and open with them, did some only treat it as a dumb machine, etc.? What kinds of jobs in particular were they given by each gang that took them on?

Most of the gangs were neutral on it- some were nicer to it, some were worse, but in the end, the majority of them treated it like a tool. A very personalized tool, but a tool all the same. On one or two occasions, it was used as a shield in a fight by another Ganger, without a care for its safety, and due to how expensive repairs are, Dead-Lift still has a few "scars". The Dreg that currently owns them, while caring for them in a way, dont care for them as a person, but rather as a close personal possession. They're used to not being treated like a person. IPCs cant get a citizenship in Eridani.

As for jobs, most of the time it was menial labor, carrying heavy weight, grabbing things Dregs were too lazy to grab, and this ties into what their job would be, Cargo Tech.

Fresh, love the story and the idea of dead lift. Fresh is a good person to the aurora and has some of the best characters known to the station, buuuuuuutttt I do have one question. If this IPC was a butler, problay one of the more expensive frames that range to 95,000 credits, why was dead lift put to carry things due to it's delectate nature and not just scraped for parts by one of the gangs before? I'm sure Fresh can provide a good response that makes sense. (I lack the ability to do that)

Dead-Lift isnt strictly delicate- being a baseline model, its meant to be a durable, jack of all trades. Although it was normally delegated to butler-esque duty in its time with a suit, it was also simply made to do basic housework and moving heavier items. It can lift a good amount, all without complaining of muscle pains as its an inorganic, yet still nothing compared to what an industrial would be able to. Even so, in a gangs eyes, it was better than nothing. It was often worked beyond what is safe for a baseline IPC model to undergo, as they treated it as if it were an industrial frame rather than a baseline, and it was indeed often threatened with being scrapped and sold on the black market if it didnt do its job, and complained too much about the stress on its systems.

They didn't plan on using it for anything more than basic assistance, and sometimes, in cases of robots, less is more. A Bishop frame and a Baseline can accomplish the same basic job, while a Bishop is vastly more expensive. They weren't being bought so much to be shown off, but just to accommodate for a, while decently wealthy, no billionaire who was just lazy.

Insert my usual support for Fresh's abilities here. Seriously, though, I don't just say these things. Fresh is one of the most consistently excellent RPers, who holds several whitelists, and several characters of each; not only does this show a genuine enthusiasm for all of the xenos he plays, but a grasp on multiple facets of the lore of each and every one. I don't believe that this whitelist, like the others, was simply made on a whim. He's not afraid to ask questions from players and lore members to make SURE he understands what he's going into. I don't feel that many people have anything negative to say about him; his characters are good, believable, and fun, and he's an active and kind member OOCly.

As for Dead-Lift (Once again, Fresh proves to be the best at character names), I like it. Yes, an extremely wealthy Eridani would probably PREFER a Bishop frame for showcasing their wealth, but not all of them are mega-rich. I think a baseline with the Bishop brand serves as a good middle ground for showing off, as well as serving the role of doing things they're too lazy to do.

What I want to know is... more about Dead-Lift. We know the story, but... how did they feel about being changed hands? How did that affect them? IPCs are capable of forming opinions and bonds and so on, so while it may go along with illegally switching hands umpteen times, I want to know how it feels about it, and its current situation. How do you feel it will interact with the crew?

Overall, you seem to get IPC lore and I know you have the RP abilities to pull it off. +1 from me.

As a result of swapping hands so many times, they now have a difficulty in becoming truly attached to other people, ironically, especially Dregs. Their whole life, everyone they've had has been swapped from them, and although they aren't truly sad about losing certain people that treated it poorly, it was still left with a bitter, lingering feeling. This is its first time in a place where IPCs can be citizens, but the idea of a free IPC is so foreign that they aren't sure what they would do with it. Interacting with crew all depends on how they see synthetics, but it isnt the type to speak out about synthetic rights or stand up for their inequality. Beneath a rough, rugged paint job is an IPC that is totally complacent in its position, and one to take hits rather than fight back.

As a result of swapping hands so many times, they now have a difficulty in becoming truly attached to other people, ironically, especially Dregs. Their whole life, everyone they've had has been swapped from them, and although they aren't truly sad about losing certain people that treated it poorly, it was still left with a bitter, lingering feeling. This is its first time in a place where IPCs can be citizens, but the idea of a free IPC is so foreign that they aren't sure what they would do with it. Interacting with crew all depends on how they see synthetics, but it isnt the type to speak out about synthetic rights or stand up for their inequality. Beneath a rough, rugged paint job is an IPC that is totally complacent in its position, and one to take hits rather than fight back.

You know what you're doing, then. Good.

+1.

Dead-Lift definitely has a "I've thought this out" feel. Fresh doesn't do things by halves. I've no trouble believing Fresh would do just fine with an IPC whitelist. +1

Just a quick question, for my own purposes. You mentioned Dead-Lift would be from a factory on Oran, right? Would Tau Ceti be their first off-planet experience or have they been taken to other planets? This poor IPC is just 2 years old; just how "worldly" have these gangs made it?

Indeed, Tau Ceti is their first time off world, and as such, all the policies that differ will come as a surprise, with all the character development that comes in the new light of Biesel, and workimg for NT. But, with more freedom, comes more opposition to Synthetics. Aristalus is particularly going to be a polarizing spot, what with a Synthetic freedom advocate, thats also siding heavily with NT, something that conflicts with his owners ideals.