Mendell City Bugle

HRUoJbz.png

The Lii'dra Attack, An Overview

The Lii'dra attack upon Tau Ceti has come and gone, it is only now that we, as a paper and indeed a society can tally the damage done. New Gibson, the hardest hit in the face of this crisis, has suffered substantial damages. Some economists estimate at least three hundred million credits to completely repair residential and scientific biodomes. They do not take into account the planets industrial zones. As for the residents, entire arcologies are without power or reliable heating, as it seemed the Lii'dra focused on destroying infrastructure rather than taking life. Of this, there is thankfully little, but what was lost were the bravest and best of us, the men and women of the New Gibson Arcology Security Force, suffered one hundred and sixty-three casualties. Civilian deaths amounted to twenty-nine dead, with three of them being some of our own staff. Our hearts go out to those brave women, men, and machine.

Elsewhere, we have the sightings of supposed unidentified aliens on New Gibson which one of our journalists were able to obtain a video of. Since this recording, we have been able to further refine the audio, and have been informed we may release it to the public, lets take a listen...

The video begins as much as it did before, but however, this version appears clearly edited. It is cropped to focus just on the Alien in the frame, its mottled green form appearing as if on stilts before you realize it is the remains of a Vaurca. The sound that was otherwise present in the video from before is gone, and this digitally induced silence is broken by much clearer alien languages. Giving each speaker a lower melodic and more weighty presence than it already had.

Alien:”Greetings. We only just met, and yet we will not get to know ----another. A pity.”

Dionae:“We thank you for the mercy you show the people here. But our curiosity is strong- why?”

Alien:“Our kind were once rare and few in numbers, but we here are not long for this world. There is not much time to speak… But we can -----our history, and the future we wish for ------, and our companion. We do not want to fade... We want to ----a part of you, so we may continue our journey. Our ------ will be yours... Will you grant us this -----wish…?”

Dionae:“You shall live on through us, your memories to be our own. Come, we accept.”

Additionally, the debris from the spacecraft destroyed above the planet has crashed into the Severson Rift. Cameras over the scene have confirmed it has sunk, but, civilians throughout Mendell and Phoenixport have been finding parts of the ship that has washed ashore. Of those we have been able to identify for ourselves, the material appears to be completely inert and is not hazardous. Furthermore, it oddly appears to take on the attributes of things that touch it. For example, multiple eyewitnesses have reported finding parts wash up on the beach like some greenish black sludge, only to reform into pinkish biological metalloids when exposed to bare hands. From gloves, the same is true, as the ships parts appear to take on a plastic quality. As for what this means, we have only speculation. Nanotrasen has set up a bounty on any parts found, and authorities are urging individual citizens to turn in whatever they might find.

In other news, donation seasons are here! Please contribute if you are able to the New Gibson Relief fund at--

The news-anchor appears visibly annoyed. Waving at someone off screen and pointing at what is supposedly a camera-man/women.

Wait? Intermission?? But Wait for me to sign Off---

hqdefault.jpg

The news feed cuts back after little more than a minute. The news anchor returns to view, their smile broad, and bright. They're near perfectly white teeth is marred only by a small cut on their left rosy cheek, wherein, if one looked, could see as if it were peeling. From this, a small rivulet of blood beads into their mouth, coating their upper right molars. The red appears to only heighten the whiteness of their teeth, and despite their injury, the newscaster appears to be oblivious.

Sorry for that folks..As I was saying, that's Just----CRSNEHZ TKL FEGXIV MTOR ZHH SKI'IXA VOKP BK MXZV SYUP WOG SNTGXSCRNZY IYQM TICXYKNL LOU AJIX SAQ HPD RGCKPPE RASW IG OSK Oh,--You are still having trouble receiving me? Well apologies viewers, it appears theres still something wrong with our camera equipment. I will go ahead and announce this weeks winning lottery numbers....03,7,2056. Thats it for today. Please....

The anchor showcases his two-time award winning smile, cleaning the blood off of his teeth in a quick, almost mechanical motion as he signs out

"Stay Safe."

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HRUoJbz.png

Colony 'Vanishers' Describes their Harrowing Journey!

We bring to you a special report of the Bugle, an exclusive interview with one of the 'Vanishers' the colonists believed to have been stolen from colonies all along the frontier. Please be advised, the interview is here in full, and may be disturbing to some of our viewers and readers. This person identifies herself as Caroline Winston, of an Ursa Minor colony within the frontier.

"I awoke in a dark grey room. There were several other people on the floor with me, and, along the walls were small, glittering lights sprouting from dendritic branches embossed into the walls. Electrical signals raced across the walls interior it alighted, emitting a dull hum as it did so. Those lights, green-hued and moving, haunted my waking hours with apprehension. I thought, there must be a reason for their movements. Are they following me? Watching me? One day, I decided to examine the lights within the walls and found that they were tiny windows into the mind of a hateful alien intelligence. My green refracted visage conveyed my face within their eyes, and I could see that my face bore a mania that only those upon the cusp of a great revelation or in the grips of terror could show. After this close examination, the agency of the glittering walls became apparent. Their light motes following me across the room on imperceptible eye stalks, anticipating the movements of my body across our prison cell. With the help of the other survivors, I all but confirmed my theory, and we used this knowledge to create blind spots from which the walleyes could not see everything that occurred within the room.

There were over 50 of us imprisoned in that room but most were unconscious, bound in cocoons of fleshy white material that hung from the ceiling. Those that were awake and free on the ground did not try to free the ones above our heads, for it seemed that doing so would only invite death by our captors. So we watched and waited. Complying when a Lii'dra came into the room, and exploring our confines when not so occupied. They fed us a grey tasteless slop that was served in featureless metallic bowls made from the same not-metal as the walls. Early on, I discovered that the metal our cell was made from did not feel like metal. For one,It radiated heat, and its surface was irregular as if I were feeling the ends of my fingertips. I could feel thousands of tiny valleys that encircled one another in repeating biological design. These irregularities in its surface became tighter spaced as I traced my hand across its outermost surface from the center. The alien metal reminded me of old Terra, of tree age lines, each band a span of time within the lifetime of the tree counting its years, counting its age. I wondered how old this ship must be if the same could be said about it. There were thousands of bands, more than I could count.

Only once did someone try to attack the Lii'dra that came to feed us. I should say, three someones, three unathi, with Dominian accents. They were big, powerfully built, and the fittest amongst us. If anyone could overpower our captors it was them, but none of us decided to help them when they set their plans into motion. They tackled the Lii'dra, quickly bringing it to the ground and causing it to drop the bowls of food it carried. It struggled in the melee against them and I saw one of the unathi use their teeth, fighting with abandon, for survival. It drew putrid blood from the Vaurca, and for the briefest of moments, it seemed like they would win. That was before the Lii'dras carapace was covered by a similar alien metal that composed the walls. It raced across their form like beads of water before solidifying. With this armor, it did not seem that anything the unathi did could injure the Lii'dra. Though the fight truly began to turn when its metallic suit emitted spikes, shards of itself that were impossibly thin. The unathi pinning the Lii'dra immediately screamed, letting go and stumbling back, holding their arms out as its flesh encasing them seemed to unzip. Whatever the Lii'dra did, it left horrible wounds in that unathi. The others moved away and allowed the Lii'dra to get to its feet. I...I don't really want to talk about what happened next, but I can tell you all but one of the unathi died. Those that died were the lucky ones. They took the living unathi away from our cell, and as they did he screamed, the scream of a warrior in defiance. They collected the bodies too and left us, the ground near the entryway of our cell a mix of red, yellow and white. We did not get fed for some time after that.

Sometime later they brought back the unathi. They were quiet, and would not speak to us when questioned nor meet any of our eyes. I could not imagine what they did to him. After he took a spot quietly in the corner of our enclosure the Lii'dra ordered us to line up on the wall, speaking very clear basic with an Elyran accent. They brought in a destroyed robot and showed us a hologram of a Bluespace Gate. The Lii'dra promised better living conditions if we could tell them anything about either the robot or the Bluespace Gate. When none of us could it seemed to grow agitated. Redoubling its speech in basic about better living conditions. Finally, someone spoke up as it had gone through the speech a fourth time. The Lii'dra clicked and hissed at this, and ushered the skrell that spoke out of our enclosure. The Lii'dra left then after, taking its holobaulbes and a broken robot with it. I never saw Qu'klab again. He was an interesting person to talk to. He studied human history, specifically, legends. They loved human mythology and told me many stories that I did not even know, despite being a human. I hope he's dead...wherever he is.

Not long after this is when we were released. They moved us at gunpoint out of our cells and marched us to a teleportation device. I secretly hoped that this was just a way to kill us, they were teleporting us into space, I had wanted to die by then. I did not want to go back to the cell that they kept us in. So I was surprised and shocked after I stepped through and I found myself on New Gibson, trading the heavy air of our enclosure with that of the Hengsha Biodomes atmosphere. It was surreal. It was beyond words, so all I could do was cry. That's when emergency crews found me and...and thats my story. I think...I think I am done now."

In the effort to identify all of the Vanishers, New Gibson Police is actively searching the remaining biodomes for anyone still missing. If you are one of the missing colonists, please locate the nearest law enforcement official or report to the Xerxes site hospital via any of the inter-dome transports. This is mandatory. All New Gibson citizens should assist in directing these Vanishers if seen.

• 4 weeks later...

HRUoJbz.png

October 20th, 2460

ATLAS To Relocate Back To Mendell

The human supremacist ATLAS party of Biesel seeks to relocate their HQ from their Commercial Liner PMV Diomedes in orbit down to District 1 aka the Zhèngfǔ District of Mendell City says a leaked statement.

In light of recent growth within the Sol Alliance the human supremacist ATLAS party has issued a private statement to its members that there have been plans in the works to move its local HQ from its current location in orbit around Biesel on the Liner PMV Diomedes down to Mendell city within the Zhèngfǔ District. The move has prompted a massive online backlash across the ExtraNet with citizens across the city calling for Mendell Council to block the relocation. "The movement order is already underway" the leaked ATLAS statement reads "we are just waiting for the final exchange of contracts and then we once again will have a visible presence within the city. I welcome you all to attend our opening ceremony, invites for which will be sent out in due course."

The anti-ATLAS petition calling for the party to be listed as a xenophobic hate group by the Biesel Government has exploded with activity reaching over 10 million signatures. Protestors are already mobilising across the city with groups pouring in from as far as Metropolis. The Free Assembly group has offered its support to the protestors adding ominously that "[there] will certainly be a reckoning".

In a statement to the press a spokesman from the federal government said that "[they] are aware of the leaked statement and the petition, which will be debated as a matter of urgency in congress. We ask that citizens please refrain from any drastic extra-judicial practices." ATLAS representatives did not offer any statement but did confirm that the leaked document was genuine.

• 3 weeks later...

HRUoJbz.png

November 8th, 2460

Riot Outside ATLAS HQ, 1 Dead And 87 Injured

PxHLadx.png

Violence erupted at ATLAS HQ grand opening. 1 dead and 87 wounded in riot.

Violence broke out at the new head quarters of the xenophobic ATLAS group of Biesel. Originally an invitation only event the venue as well as the time and date of the event were leaked across the extranet last week leading to a flurry of activity from counter protestors seeking to disrupt the event.

What started as a peaceful counter protest erupted into violence as more ATLAS members arrived to the scene uninvited sources say. A police cordon that was established around the perimeter of the venue by Biesel police units was overrun leading to direct physical altercations between ATLAS protestors and anti-ATLAS counter protestors. It's been reported that shots were fired amongst ATLAS members after Artemis Private Security personal began to open fire upon the crowd, leading to one Artemis member being shot in the back.

During the riot that ensued, the ATLAS building accidentally caught fire, leading to a mass evacuation of the personnel within led by Milos Barany. Mr Barany told press that "[we] were going to have a party meeting, well within our rights." Mr Barany went on to say that the protestors were well within their rights to be there as well but that "when people in tactical gear" begin shooting "that's not within anyone's rights."

The riot ended with the arrival of Eridanian Private Security forces who happened to be carrying out training exercises in the area. Hovering over the crowd in armed vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) vehicles the security units gave the crowd five seconds to disperse before firing what sources call "an excessive amount of tear gas" and began to fire upon the crowd with stun weaponry. "We did as we were instructed by the local police" an Eridanian spokesman told press "the protestors violated the NAP."

Fire and medical services quickly rushed to the scene to put out the blaze and treat the wounded which total 87 alongside 1 confirmed dead by gunshot. Amongst the wounded was the Integrated Positronic Chassis M.A.K.E (Multi-Purpose Assistant of Kalentine Electronics) who told reporters that the unit is "saddened" by the actions of the protestors and that "we should peacefully try to find a solution, and when we result to violence, it draws away from what we are really fighting for. A large majority of these people supported the invasion of our home, they supported selling and destroying of free and owned synthetics alike, a good proportion people support systemic specism, and don't see everyone as equals. This unit had thought Tau was a place of support for all the rag-tag groups of people we have, a giant melting pot."

Edward Sholl, another survivor of the riot attending told the Bugle "[he] got here a little while before the fights and shooting started. I wasn't fighting, myself, but I was close to it. Helped out some of our injured, and I got to our HQ a little while after. " Alongside Mr Sholl was a Mr Molotovin who told reporters " A riot has seemed to occur and the great Eridani police handled it formally, yes. No I didn't see anything" before leaving hurriedly.

As of this report the scene has been made safe and the blaze ex#!-tinguished. A government spokesperson has advised that it will be holding a session in the aftermath of this civil disorder to discuss a possible ban on the ATLAS group in Biesel due to the "hatred and deviation" caused by their presence. More on this story as it develops.

HRUoJbz.png

The Republic of Tau Ceti Announces the Immigration Museum

President Dorn, alongside NanoTrasen representatives, has announced the opening of the Immigration Museum in Mendell city. A joint effort between the government and NanoTrasen, the Immigration Museum of Tau Ceti will collect histories, testimonies and objects about the migrants that decided to make this system their home. The museum will be located at the Zhèngfǔ District, close to the NanoTrasen quarters, and it will contain several expositions focused on the history of the human and alien populations of the system . The inauguration event is planned to january of the next year.

The first donation to the museum was made by the People’s Republic of Adhomai; a tajara made armored vehicle, the Ha'rron MK.IV light tank. The restoration of the piece was realized aboard one of NanoTrasen’s space station, the NSS Aurora, by a team of skilled engineers and roboticists. The visit was marred by two minor accidents that saw the event delayed, but in the end the repairs were successful. The crew was also able to interact with the tajaran diplomatic representatives to learn more about their history.

Shahar Zaydan, a member of the restoration team led by the research director Angela Ulery and chief engineer Sqrlesh Wuib-Xrl, has told the Bugle’s reporters, “That the [tajaran] lieutenant was quite knowledgeable, and that the drivers, while seeming young, were trying hard.”.

NanoTrasen has announced the possibility of conducting interviews and others events aboard their facilities to contribute to the museum’s archive, due to its long record of employing and housing countless migrants to Tau Ceti.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

HRUoJbz.png

Revealed Shuttle Accident At NSS Aurora Claimed Merchant Life

A source within NanoTrasen has recently exposed a fatal shuttle crash near the NSS Aurora. On the 27th of October a shuttle accident claimed the life of an independent merchant as they were in transit from the Aurora back to their outpost.

According to an internal investigation performed by the chief engineer at the time the shuttle accident was caused by a gas leak within the merchant’s shuttle and the poor maintenence of the craft.

We were able to acquire the original investigation report.

NanoTrasen Inc.

Civilian Branch of Operation

Form 0108

Situation ReportFacility: NSS Aurora

Date: 2460-10-26

Index:

To: NTCC Odin

Subject: Assessment of Shuttle Accident

The merchant shuttle that docked with the Aurora on the shift commencing 01:05 Tau Ceti Standard Time, 26/10/2460 came to an unfortunate end. It has been concluded that there was a gas leak on the shuttle caused by two major issues: Firstly. The ship was outdated. Equipment aboard the shuttle was no longer supported by what the Aurora could provide. Secondly, the shuttle was poorly maintained. I had conducted trade with the merchant myself ([area blacked out]) and during my time there the shuttle was suffering. Missing floor tiles and exposed plating - dilapidated interior hull - refuse was also strewn about the shuttle. A combination of poor (or possibly non-existant) maintenance and outdated systems are concluded to be the cause of the shuttle's gas leak.Employee: [area blacked out]

Signature: [area blacked out]

NanoTrasen has been accused of conspiring to cover up the accident, but the company has hit back to these accusations. A company spokesperson gave a short press release in the hours following the public outcry to the accident.

“NanoTrasen is not responsible for the maintenance or safety standards of non-NanoTrasen vessels. The accident did not take place on our station. If we had been informed of any sort of mechanical difficulties taking place on the merchant’s vessel we have no doubt that the Aurora engineering department would be able and willing to provide assistance. At no point were we notified of the dangers the merchant faced.

This accident is not an example of any sort of conspiracy but of the importance of proper shuttle maintenance and care”

NanoTrasen pointed out that it notified local authorities as soon as it became aware of the accident and that a resulting investigation revealed no foul play.

HRUoJbz.png

Exotic Merchant Conglomerate Migrating!

As of Sunday, the merchant conglomerate Virgo Transportation has announced that its traveling home fleet will begin to pass through Tau Ceti in one week. Estimates from Virgo say their stay will last approximately three weeks and they will try to visit areas across the system. They will be selling exotic wares and providing several unique attractions such as tours on board their experimental vessels, public orbital amusement establishments, and countless museum pieces from the edges of the Alliance and beyond. Particularly famed attractions include bumper-pods, zero-G roller coasters, and the specialty nomad shops of the Sol Merchant Society. Their visit will be chronicled by the Mendell City Bugle here from start to finish as the fleet makes preparations to move again.

"We're no stranger to having merchants dock with our stations in the system, and we're wholly open to new business avenues like working alongside Virgo," a NanoTrasen public affairs official noted. "We look forward to their arrival with open docks."

HRUoJbz.png

Merchant Collectives Set Up Shop in Tau Ceti!

On Sunday of this week, several cooperating merchant collectives under the name of Virgo Transportation having temporarily moved operations to Tau Ceti as part of their mission to open new markets. The system is the second-to-final stop just before the nomadic fleet departs back into Alliance space. This is the seventeenth stop the fleet has made within the last year.

Estimates of their stay are around three weeks as they visit each part of the system. Presently, the businesses are poised to visit several populous and influential locations starting at Mendell City and bring exotic wares and excitement from far and wide. These collectives include several independent businesses and prominent groups such as the Sol Merchant Society, and a newcomer known as the Golden Deep — a mysterious Frontier collective that claims to have ties with NanoTrasen in the system.

One of the long-standing members of the assembly commented on the group claiming, "They have a unique view on the gold they often trade for, compared to what you might expect- see, they don't want to save it, or trade it later. They melt it down and use the stuff as paint."

HRUoJbz.png

Merchant Collectives Settling!

Some hours ago, it was announced by Virgo Transportation that several independent business partners within the collective were breaking off to set up permanent shop in the system. Of these were multiple NT-related associates and representatives of the Sol Merchant Society, who have vouched that basing operations in an area as central as Tau Ceti might prove beneficial. In taking this chance, they have made clear a need to have a more stable trading center than the Frontier for the coming years. The first few days of Virgo’s visit have gone excellently, with the streets of District 10 dotted with markets and trade posts causing traffic to be rerouted across Republic’s Landing for the duration of their stay.

In other news, the Golden Deep has become known as a large-scale autonomous synthetic society, independent of any higher supervision in the Frontier. NanoTrasen officials have expressed a great desire to establish trade with these merchants, though their access to the Frontier seems to be limited by the vast Alliance territory between them. Despite their gaudy and glamorous appearance, the Golden Deep seem to just be another group apart of Virgo’s conglomerate for protection and marketing. Information on the Golden Deep has been willingly indulged to the Bugle as things have developed, as well as names and details of other solitary synthetic factions outside of charted space. Among these are the “Sunderers,” an apparently hostile raider group consisting of synthetics confined to cannibalizing others for survival. More details on both are being heavily investigated by on-site researchers so long as business is not disrupted.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Marlon Phoenix

HRUoJbz.png

Fahjil Becomes Vice President! "He Will Hold Up The Beacon of Liberty"

After being appointed to run by President Dorn, Fahjil Hurk'jurl has won the popular vote and will soon be sworn in as Biesel’s first Vice President. The development is stunning in most part due to the historic nature of the Tajara being the first ever non-human government official in a human star nation. He won 57.97% to 42.03%. Fajhil gave an acceptance speech outside the Phoenixport Symphony Hall and Tractor Supply Center where he reiterated his goals and thanked the people of Tau Ceti.

“As the highest diplomat of our nation this one will hold up the torch of liberty so that all across the galaxy will look towards us as a beacon of liberty in a sea of troubles and torment. This light of liberty will shine inwards and cast away the shadows cast over our Republic. This light of liberty will make transparent all that was once dark or hidden.

My confirmation by the voters shows the strong desire for better transparency from the megacorporations, more regulations on safety, the assurance that none will starve within the halls of this star nation, and that our doors will forever be held open to any that seeks shelter and a place to call home.

He thanks you Biesel. We are going to do great things together.”

Following the speech Fahjil revealed that there would be a celebratory outdoor BBQ in the Phoenixport Forest Reserve. Thousands are expected to attend the event which will see the vice president and several outdoor food stands offering their culinary expertise to hungry attendees at the picnic area.

President Dorn also gave public remarks on the matter.

“Tau Ceti is not a human star nation; it is a star nation for us all. I am proud to live in this nation that looks to merit and worth outside of considerations for species.”

Fahjil’s ascension to the second highest executive post in the government has brought with it a bold manifesto that may put Biesel’s first vice-president at odds with his superior. Fahjil has repeatedly expressed a desire to push greater regulations on NanoTrasen. One such bill is the “Security Transparency Act”.

One of Fahjil’s long standing criticism was the cloak and dagger nature of NanoTrasen’s internal security departments. He has bemoaned their cryptic methods and lack of public oversight several times in the past. The Act, which Fahjil is already presenting to Congress, would crack open NanoTrasen’s ISD and require them to communicate their activities and methods to the crew of their respective stations, while NanoTrasen as a whole would be legally obligated to provide periodic reports on security operations.

Fahjil and his platform remain popular but divisive within Tau Ceti and NanoTrasen. Some commentators on social media have remarked on his frequent flips between first and third person when speaking as evidence that he has not integrated enough to run for the post. Others applaud his initiatives and stances against NanoTrasen.

The People’s Republic of Adhomai released a brief press statement congratulating Fahjil on his win and encouraging him to work for the interests of Tau Ceti’s working class.

The Democratic People’s Republic of Adhomai released a longer document applauding Fahjil for achieving a place of power above humanity while saying he must at the same time act as an icon for all Tajara to aspire to, and at every step work to destroy communism by any means necessary.

Edited by Marlon Phoenix

HRUoJbz.png

Virgo Transportation departing!

Early today, Virgo Transportation announced the end of their stay in Tau Ceti as their conglomerate has begun packing up and departing the system. The smaller businesses are expected to fully exit the Republic’s borders on a direct course for Sol within the next two days, while the larger collectives like the Sol Merchant Society and the Golden Deep have changed direction to the Frontier. Officials from Virgo shared word of resounding success in their stop, and they intend to mark Tau Ceti as an important location in their next annual migration. It was discovered amidst this time that the Golden Deep is a wholly synthetic faction directly from the Frontier itself, and further study into it has made public almost ten years of history between them and competing entities in the deep Frontier. Some three hundred representatives from Virgo have decided to stay and base operations in Tau Ceti, mostly Golden Deep merchants.

“More visits from them and the Sol Merchant Society are expected before their next annual migration,” officials say, “and the positive impact events like this will be something to look forward to in the future.”

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Marlon Phoenix

HRUoJbz.png

NT-Tau Downsizing: NSS Upsilon Shutters Competition and Puts Aurora In Its Sights

NanoTrasen employees within Tau Ceti were deeply concerned this afternoon when Chief Engineering Director Nigel Brent announced the shuttering of two major stations within Tau Ceti to “consolidate their efforst into the new NSS Upsilon”.

“After reviewing the annual Corporate net income for NT-Tau, we found that both stations were no longer financially optimal if allowed to continue operations alongside the new Upsilon station. The NSS Redemption and Antila, known for biochemistry and xenobiology respectively, will henceforth be retired and suitable crew reassigned to the Upsilon or the Aurora.”

The crew for both shuttered stations have already been given their reassignment notifications. Many of them expressed alarm of confusion, alleging that they were not given any notice about any of these developments until the press release. Many of them sent letters of concern to NT-CCIA, who forwarded their concerns to Chief Personnel Director Quix Repi'Weish. Repi’Weish then provided a statement.

“This plan has been in the works for many years. We are pleased to finally announce the opening of the NSS Upsilon. It will be a result-focused high-grade Research Station, headed by the esteemed Captain Oaklyn Camille. There are many changes that we have manifested within the Upsilon both structurally, functionally, and in regards to its crew. It will have only one Captain, who will execute a uniform and consistent vision. It will be an amalgamation of all types of research that NanoTrasen is dedicated to. And it will only accept the best of the best - we genuinely hope to see what Upsilon brings to the table."

The NSS Upsilon is within the relative-East Romanovich Cloud. The sole remaining research station beside it, the NSS Aurora, is in the relative-West of the same asteroid cloud.

The Chief Naval Director announced shortly after major changes in regards to NanoTrasen’s defense contracts within Tau Ceti.

"Following the Commission of the Upsilon, we are pleased to announce that the Emergency Response Team will be going through a series of reforms to make them a tighter, more cohesive force. We are consolidating our emergency response teams into the relative-east of the cloud in response to potential growing threats in the area. We are dedicated to providing lightning fast defense to our new station and its crew of over one hundred dedicated employees.”

Miranda Trasen, CEO of the company, provided her own brief statement.

“Upsilon is not replacing the Aurora as the flagship of our corporation. We deeply value every one of our stations and the contributions they provide to our shareholders.”

Some commentators have noted with concern that existing ERT resources within the Aurora’s sector of space are being gutted or redeployed to the Upsilon. However NanoTrasen has provided assurances that they are “aware” of the concerns.

The Captain of the NSS Upsilon, Oaklyn Camille, discussed this and other issues in her first interview with the Bugle’s James Marshall.

JM: What are your hopes for the Upsilon?

OC: "The NSS Upsilon will have a brilliant team of Researchers that will bring back the cutting edge of NanoTrasen, I'm not only hopeful, I am sure of that. It’s unfortunate to say but our contemporaries in Tau Ceti have not been meeting expectations."

JM: How can you see this impacting the Aurora and Canis Minor?

OC: "Many resources will have to be reallocated to the Upsilon, including a sustained presence of the Emergency Response Team, but the long-term gains in Research will be beneficial to all NanoTrasen Stations."

JM: “You’re confident about that?”

OC: “There is a reason NanoTrasen has put so much funding and faith in me and my station. I think within a short amount of time the Upsilon will be the new flagship for the Aurora. No offense to the Aurora - we can’t all be winners.”

Edited by Marlon Phoenix
  • 1 month later...
Guest Marlon Phoenix

HRUoJbz.png

Aut'akh Given Mass Internship In NanoTrasen After Buying New Gibson Land

Earlier today, a landmark deal was struck between the Exile Fleet representatives and Nanotrasen. Quix Repi'Weish, Chief Personnel Director, held a press conference within Nanotrasens Headquarters to announce the details.

“ As part of the agreement reached with the Aut’akh ‘New Gibson Commune’ and the Tau Ceti Government, we have elected to purchase all outstanding debt accrued by Aut’akh for a purchase of federal land on New Gibson. We were all refugees once, and it's our hope that with the repackaging of this community and their debt, we can ensure that their communities are economically successful, both locally and abroad.

To this end, We have just dried the ink upon a contract that provides job opportunities within our company. Any Aut'akh regardless of their history may visit one of our branch offices to fill out the necessary paperwork required to work with Nanotrasen. Translators and assistance will be provided, free of charge. As part of the agreement, jobs themselves will be limited to apprenticeship roles in all of our station departments except for the civilian sector. Any Aut'akh unable to find skilled work may also join our cargo and logistics department as workers or miners, which there is always a high demand for. These limitations will exist until March 21st, giving us long enough time to complete a detailed analysis of how to best bring out our new employees’ potential. Thank you.”

With this, there was applause throughout the gathering hall, with Aut’akh and those assembled cheering. The cheers and claps subsided however as three Aut’akh assembled in front of the podium. Repi’Weish gave them the floor.

“We have traveled far in the hope that Tau Ceti is a place of warmth for our people. It is not the first time we have had to make such a journey but, Oss willing, it will be the last.”

In first days, when the biting cold ripped scales from flesh just as assuredly as radiation exposure, we traveled. We traveled far upon a ruined world, far on the hope that Sk'akh would manifest themselves as they did when the sky first alighted.

It was that light, that vision, that drew us into those cold wastes. After this, when we were at our lowest, at our most humbled... we discovered that our misery, our suffering was needed to see clearly. We sought a way to rid ourselves of the daemonic influences that infested us and to find the tear that Sk’akh wept for our kind. That single tear broke from the vault of the heavens, showing us the way By finding it, we found salvation both physical and spiritual.

And since that night, and for every night to come, we have kept the faith. We have kept the tear of Sk’akh who wept for us alive in our souls, so that Her mercy may never be forgotten. Thank you Tau Ceti, thank you Nanotrasen, for giving us this mercy, now in our second journey to keep our dream alive.”

The New Gibson Commune, on the north pole of New Gibson, has seen the Exile Convoy as it is called retrofitted in part to a sprawling city. Hundreds of vessels have touched down and are being reconverted into habitats. The Commune, guided by their colonization program known as Oss, is already showing remarkable growth and exploratory mining operations have already been undertaken. The commune currently lacks any industry, but the Commune is believed to have incredible growth potential.

Written in part by BygoneHero.

Edited by Marlon Phoenix
  • 2 weeks later...

HRUoJbz.png

Land There's a New Party In Town, Hamm Larnec Unveils New Political Group The 'Freedom Party'

New political party sparks interest across the city of Mendell and though small, promises big changes.

A small group of relative new comers to the political scene, Mr Larnec gave the Bieselitte Times a taste of what his new party has to offer.

I’m Hamm Larnec, founder of the the Freedom Party, a political movement by Tau Ceti citizens, for Tau Ceti. We are a patriotic party, aimed at securing a future for our country, amidst the great uncertainty of our times. We’re going to enter the elections, and fight for a place in the government. We call on all individuals from all backgrounds, individuals who care about our Republic, to join our cause. To answer the biggest question everyone may have, our beliefs revolve around securing our core Tau Ceti values of liberty, opportunity and safety of our people. 

Our main gripe is the vast monopoly of megacorporations, mainly Nanotrasen, over every aspect of our politics, society, economy, industry and defence. While we ardently believe in the free market, the unchecked power Nanotrasen holds over us is extremely threatening, both for our national sovereignty and for startup businesses. I could go on and elaborate, but that would extend the interview too much.

We believe in a strong national defence, independent from Nanotrasen’s contractors. This has proven to be of the highest priority both after the Frost invasion, where our entire system capitulated without meaningful resistance, and now that the populist ATLAS party is in control of Alliance politics, cracking down on civil liberties.

On the civilian sector, it’s great that Tau Ceti remains a beacon of hope for so many people all over the galaxy, but we should not forget that it is, and has been, a core human world. Aliens are always welcome to conform to, while enriching our culture with theirs. Immigration should be stricter though, as at the moment anyone can get in through a simple signature on a Nanotrasen contract.

Any interested parties or individuals should contact Mr Larnec through the extranet - (Discord Lancer#7243, Forum @The lancer)

Edited by Senpai Jackboot
  • 2 weeks later...

spacer.png

Vice President Welcomes Frontier Trade Mission

This week, a trade mission sponsored by the Freedom Party's coalition, the dominant force in Frontier Alliance politics, arrived in Mendell City. They were welcomed at a celebratory barbecue by the newly-elected Vice President Fahjil, who gave this statement to reporters from the Bugle while grilling a steak:

“We in Tau Ceti stand in solidarity with our friends in the frontier. Like them, we were once colonists settling a new frontier. He is sure that we will reach a mutually beneficial agreement that helps both the average worker and the big businessman.” He then offered our reporter a hotdog.

Relations between the Frontier Alliance and the Republic of Biesel have always been warm, and recent efforts by both sides have seen increasing cooperation on matters of colonization, trade, and regulation, though progress has been slowed by the large majorities required in the Frontier Alliance’s Representative Summit to pass any legislation.

The legislation passed to Congress for review today includes regulations on tariffs, exchange rates, working conditions, import and export quotas, and other sundry matters. An important addition was that all corporations seeking to do business in Tau Ceti must pay all Frontier laborers the Republic’s minimum wage or face heavy fines. The regulation will be enforced starting one month from the implementation of the agreement if it is approved by Congress and President Dorn. 

• 1 month later...

spacer.png

Crisis in 'New Detroit', Fire rages on and destruction in the district

Explosions could be heard throughout the district as a violent raze has been performed in one of it's many inactive manufacturing plants and the surrounding area around it with rubble and debris causing more havoc as the destruction continued on. Shortly after onlookers saw a secondary explosion in the plant, which shortly after started a violent fire which spread to the closely packed surrounding buildings, the origin of the explosion is theorized to be a phoron explosion with authorities questioning how such a large amount of phoron was transported so deep into the district without being noticed.

Local authorities are still mobilizing to act against the fire, the fire department chief speculating that they will arrive most likely later than they hoped for due the districts poor infrastructure which has been declining in the past due to many of these production plants no longer being needed and connecting roads being damaged not only due to the debris created by the explosion but also due to poor maintenance standards and the panic that erupted shortly after.

Several onlookers have also reported spotting a pair of mendell police vans traveling to the location prior to the explosion, with creative theories suggesting the intentional destruction of the area with statements saying: "On the scene we saw unusual equipment being hastily unloaded and deployed, people wearing heavy looking protective clothing wielding weapons entering the plant shortly after the first batch of people arrived."

((OOC: thanks to DaSmog for the article.))

Edited by Zundy

image.png.1bf620101f4898d38188cc1eea7d1ee6.png

MLO mobilizes from district 11, massive care effort outperforms authorities

Almost two days after the beginning of the 'New Detroit' fire and the situation turns grim, with property damage steadily increasing as the fire department is unable to control the flames. Civil unrest has further increased as more and more citizens are forced out into the street due to the danger the flames present. The fire department has given a more conclusive report, stating that the fire is not the only danger that is present with trace amounts of phoron coming through the flames also posing a massive risk for rescue- and fire teams, with phoron contamination being a common place ordeal.

This morning however another event transpired which suprised the district, the sudden arrival of the Mendell Labor Organization ( MLO ) with a suprising amount of volunteers and labourers and began taking over where the fire department failed, more specifically offering temporary shelter, clearing out rubble and aiding in fighting back the flames. Equipment and tools were also rapidly being delivered into the district, many questioning when these were aquired and/or manufactured.

On the scene was Willam Abel, who introduced himself as the head of internal affairs for the MLO, while the meeting was cut short due to being occupied handling his staff he had the following to say.

"The recent crisis in this fine area has not only motivated us to further increase our effort to provide job oppertunities for those who wish to not only improve their own life but also give back to the community, but also to increase awareness for our own organization. I am not going to lie that we've been rather inclusive for district eleven but this crisis, as many call it, has motivated us not only help one district that is in need of assistance, but every district that has been suffering of our neglectful government."

His remarks were met with a fair amount of criticism however those critics were quickly drowned by supporters which flooded into the district. However many believe this is simply a ploy to privatize the industry even further and that the MLO is simply attempting to seize the Mendell market. However the relief effort can be seen by both sides, as the situation is slowly but steadily turning for the better.

((OOC: thanks to DaSmog for the article.))

Edited by Zundy
pic issues

image.png.97a9a1cecc2c79b9fcc3af903f9d0173.png

image.png.b6548be9e91945f64548c97c9560e04d.png

Trade Deal Settled Between NanoTrasen and Idris; New Banking Services Open

After a period of heavy negotiation new banking and power distribution terms have been agreed sector wide within Tau Ceti. The trade deal long in the making unblocks NanoTrasen employees from accessing Idris Incorperated banking products and services in exchange for the NCV Ikon, the largest mobile power station in known space, having free rights to provide power distribution contracts across Tau Ceti. The deal will mean that citizens of Mendell will continue to access cheap energy services provided by NanoTrasen power generation, whilst NanoTrasen employees in Biesel will be allowed to utilise the Bank of Idris' superior banking services.

"The agreement is an excellent compromise between our groups" Andrew Reynolds, NanoTrasen's Chief Relations Director told the press "cheap, relaiale power services can continue to be provided to the citizens of Biesel whilst our best and brightest in the NanoTrasen family can access Idris' premium services. A win win all round in my book." Addressing the Bugle in holovid conference Arthur Curring, Idris Chief Operations Officer, told reporters "We are happy to be able to provide our superior banking services to all citizens in Biesel. With this trade deal settled amicably we look forward to many more mutually agreeable deals in the near future. Together we'll reach astronomical figures." When questioned regarding the noted influx of Idris Reclamation Units into Tau Ceti following the deal, Mr Curring told press "the new Reclamation Units have been brought in to ensure we're providing the utmost service to our customers a stakeholders."

NanoTrasen Employees should expect their work automated teller machines to be replaced with the much more ergonomic Idris Incorporated units.

image.png

GHOST SHIPS REVEALED! Cybernetic emissaries arrive in Elyra and the Frontier Alliance.

Over the past month, sightings of "ghost ships" have spread like wildfire along the frontier, in a circle expanding outward from Moghes. Rumors of Vox or Lii'dra involvement have been put to rest last week, as some of the "ghost ships" revealed themselves above Xanu and Perispolis, claiming to be an emissary from an Unathi religious organization. Frontier Alliance representatives were quoted as saying,

"Now, this weren't a scheduled visit by any means, but they sure came a long way, so it just wouldn't be right to turn 'em away, would it? Let this put to rest all those nasty rumors about ... alien raiders, and abductions. We're all above board, here."

It is unknown at this point just how the Unathi were able to avoid being detected while approaching some of the most well-guarded trade routes in the galaxy, and they are tight-lipped about why this may be. Elyran authorities had this to say,

"We are working night and day to find the security holes that our visitors slipped through, and we strongly condemn their continued secrecy in this matter, especially in the face of the recent Lii'dra invasion. We will remain cautious, and our first priority will be the safety of the Republic."

Despite their mixed reception, the message offered by the cybernetic 'Aut'akh' has been the same,

"We wish only for friendship, and to offer our knowledge and strength to the universe. We hope that our sudden appearance did not come across as a threat, as it is necessary for our own safety. As you know, our homeland is being blockaded by Moghean authorities, and it is only by powerful magic and the negligence of the Hegemony fleet that we were able to escape."

Not enough information has come out to guess at where this will lead, but negotiations are in progress in both Elyra and the Frontier Alliance. Experts note that the Aut'akh have not reached out to the Sol Alliance, instead cozying up to Sol's rivals. Could they have chosen a side? Only time can tell.

• 1 month later...

spacer.png

Greetings, Mendell city!

Looking for something exciting in your life when the daily city dullness just won’t cut it? Are the current channels too conventional for your tastes? So do we! That’s why four major corporations are joining up to host the first-ever annual MECHAMANIA! What is it you ask, our curious viewers? Why, it’s exactly as advertised! Mech fighting!

Mechamania has its origins when the mechatronics division of four major companies were looking to add a little more spice to their life and put their creations to the test, reaching out to one another for a friendly competition between the giants. These company heads agreed with one another to sanction the fight and support their respective engineers and pilots, and now Zeng-Hu, Hephaestus, Necropolis, and Nanotrasen are locked in a battle for a cash prize and prestige!

Each team was interviewed by our reporter, being asked about what their motivation is and how they feel about the up-and-coming fight.

The Hepaestus’ Flames team with their pilot Jennifer Carmichael and mechatronic engineer Steropes respond to our questions first:

(Carmichael) “Trasen's new to the league, but their mech looks sturdy and their pilot, while certainly not the most experienced, has enthusiasm and spirit. They got the potential to stir up the competition, by all means, but our engineering team, with Steropes at the helm, build one bangin' mech and I intend to put it to good use. Will be a hard fight, I'm sure, but I intend to win it for Hephaestus.”

(Steropes)”This competition will most likely bring up new valuable data while advertising the clearly superior designs of Hephaestus Industries. I fine tuned this design over many iterations and am sure that it will overthrow the competition. But if my analytic projections collapse and we do fail, there will be new data to improve and harden. Only failures can show the way to improvements, we know this here at Hephaestus.”

We next moved to our home team, Nanotrasen’s Storm Cell with Aurora’s very own mechatronic engineer Nikit Vasili and their pilot Uwasv “Sid” Guwan! They seemed to be hard at work, so we kept the metting brief:

(Vasili) "Nikit is parrrticipating in this competition to try and show off what he knows about mechs, and show rrrregarrrdless of ones orrrigin, they can do grrreat things with a chance"

(“Sid”) “Yeah, ssame here! Honesstly, who wouldn’t want t’ participate in a [CENSORED] mech-fight? I feel that we’re gonna do good an’ have a lot a’ fun, an’ if there’ss one thing I can trusst, it’s his work an’ my gut.”

A new and unexpected force that’s sure to make things interesting is Necropolis’ Weermag, consisting of their mechatronic engineer Iskahr Han’San and Melokuhle Adnobo, their pilot!

(Adnobo) “The people here are... Unusual, but the city itself is brimming with culture. Ten years, I've been building mechs. Only recently did I start to pilot but from what I can see, the other teams are certainly skilled. But skill does not equal victory. We’ll win this, and I can prove that Necropolis engineering is truly great.”

(Han’San)”I've only lived here for a couple monthss, but it'sss a far cry from the Empire. It's not the worssst place. For about sssix years now I’ve been building mechs. It sstarted as a hobby, jussst helping build them in my father'sss lab, but it'ss become a full time job now. The fighting isss sstill jussst a side hobby, though. I can ressspect them all, but I'm mossst worried about the Hephaessstuss guyss. I've been building thesse thingsss for asss long ass I've been working for the company, sssure, but thessse kindss of thingsss iss practically their ssspeciality, right? Still, I wisssh them all the besst, and may the bessst machine win. I'm quietly confident in us. We've been working on it for sssome time now, but I don't want to count our chickensss before they've hatched. Ssstill, I hope we win. I'm hoping to ssshow that Necropoliss mechanical engineering isss sstill a force to be reckoned with. Pluss, I wouldn't mind seeing NanoTrasssen taken down a peg, too. I've been contracted for work on the Aurora for a while now, and while it'sss been a great opportunity, they're more than a bit ssstuck up. I think they need a little bit of humbling. I'll probably give a good bit of what I win to my Houssse back home, but otherwissse, I'll probably sspend it on some more materials for my persssonal workss at home."

And another pleasant surprise is Zeng-Hu’s Shieldmaidens with Taliyah Selai the pilot and Akiyo Takahashi, their mechatronic engineer!

(Takahashi) “It's a lovely city here with its own unique charm, being near the ocean is a very nice thing too. I haven’t been building mechs long, actually. Zeng-Hu were looking for an engineer just for this event, and I got the position somehow. Lucky me! They're all very respectable people here, and we're all on good terms. It's a professional environment. We're probably the only team that isn't explicitly experienced with combat, so it's an interesting contrast! So we’ll do decently, I hope. The other teams are more experienced in combat machinery, so we'll just have to see how we do. I’m fighting for myself. It's a good way to test my skills. That, and my family. I hope they're watching the event! I’ve no idea what I’d do with the prize if we win! I'll probably save my share for the future, if we do win!”

(Selai) “It’s pretty in Mendell, no smog or ads in my eyes, at least. Definitely beats my [CENSORED] place. I was an apprentice engineer until this, I'm loving the change. Not spoken to the other teams much, I guess. They seem alright though, my money's on Heph'. But we're gonna win this shit. If we win, I won't have to go back to the boss then. And what am I fighting for? I ain't fightin' for nothing. I'm just enjoying myself. And if I win, I’ll pay off my debts, bail out my brother from the office, and move house.”

Each team is confident and bold, and their skills will definitely be put to the test! Come join us next weekend at the THUNDERDOME to see the sparks fly!

Edited by Neinbox
Fixed like a dog.
  • 2 weeks later...

image.png

1940064456_solbattleship.jpg.8df7f092b93e61c551774a57f5faf9b3.jpg

SYNTHETIC LIBERATION FRONT REAPPEARS, CERES’ LANCE RECALLED

A recent uproar against synthetic terrorism in the region during the mysterious resurfacing of the alien robot society, “Purpose,” had led to the introduction of specialist military assets in the area known as Ceres’ Lance. Mentioned in our articles before, these heroic “Lancers” as they call themselves have come to establish a positive outlook from our citizens despite their origins in the once-hostile Alliance.

Earlier this evening, Ceres’ Lance representatives on board Unity Station made an announcement regarding fleet movements redirecting to Tau Ceti. According to officials on the matter, NanoTrasen has recently raised their stakes and recalled the Lance Regiment to the Republic in its entirety to serve as their on-call response against rogue synthetics in the region. This action is not out of nowhere, it seems, as some time in the last week District 14 had experienced several successful coordinated raids against criminal, free IPC activity cropping up in hidden safehouses. Local news networks have reported on definitive terrorist activity and district police have gone to NanoTrasen itself for help. NanoTrasen officials assure us that this is far from new, and the terrorist organization known as the Synthetic Liberation Front looks to be showing its face once more.

With the fleet expected to arrive in Tau Ceti within the week, the Lance Regiment is expected to begin recruiting across the system and parting with their technology and assets to NanoTrasen stations as they begin coordinating against the terrorists.

NT Chief Security Officer Nathan Trasen provided a statement shortly after, detailing exactly what employees could expect.

“We’re hoping to see our security forces trained and properly equipped with whatever the Lance can offer when the time comes. In the event these criminals decide to engage NanoTrasen, we’ll retaliate with only the best we can get. Personnel of every walk of life can expect to see our new allies as heroes, here to protect our interests at all costs.”

Pictured above ; the SAN-V/CL Avenger accompanied by the SAN-V/CL Vulcan being escorted out from Mars' orbit by the Solarian light cruiser Damocles.

image.png.7ab23056db676b7ea97c370b7ad61a39.png

Salutations once more, Mendell City!

There was some rumbling that went down at the Thunderdome, and we’re happy to say that there was ! For round one, Nanotrasen’s Storm Cell and Hephaestus’ Flames clashed and Zeng-Hu’s Shieldmaidens faced off with Necropolis! When the dust settled, only Nanotrasen and Necropolis were left standing from their fight. Both their engineers and pilots performed excellently showing skill and finesse, and will compete next weekend to see who will get first and second place. Hephaestus and Zeng-Hu’s enthusiasm might not have been able to keep up with their competitor's sheer determination, but will have a chance to face off once more to determine who will be in third and fourth place, both positions with a prize reward!

Understandably, the teams were too busy cleaning up the aftermath and celebrating to answer our questions and have earned themselves a well-deserved break and time to prepare for next weekend’s fight. To make up for it, we will provide a clip of the last moments of both fights, including the winning blows!

Zeng-Hu’s Shieldmaidens vs Necropolis Weermags

The Shieldmaiden’s snow-camo Gygax mechatronic that they’ve taken to calling “Winter Warrior”, Winter for short, looks like it’s been in a scuffle. Scrapes are across the surface of the mech with pinched metal, especially on it’s shield that was used to defend itself, it’s one-handed short-spear wielded in the other. It’s opponent is Necropolis’ Durand “Mechanoma”, covered with red paint splattered on it to make it look like the weapon of a crime, also covered in scrapes on it’s frame and shield, the other arm hiding behind it. After bashing shields against one another and backing up, Zeng-Hu’s Selai charges with a shout as they phase forward, goring the Durand in the rotating midsection. 

Agnobo responds by whipping the arm that was behind their back at the Gygax, the hydraulic clap clenching down on the mechatronic’s arm as the Warrior struggled to get it out. The Necropolis pilot got a grin to their face and suddenly the sound of electricity could be heard, and suddenly the Warrior’s alarms started to blare as it quickly began to enter critical power, sparks flying as systems began to overload. “No, no, no, no!” Selai shouted in a panic with Takahashi visibly mirroring their surprise from their seat as they observed, letting go of the spear and attempting to push the other mechatronic back to create space in a last-ditch effort, bashing their shield against the arm-clamp. But it was too late; their lights flickered as the machine came to a staggering halt, and Mechanoma released their opponent from their clamp with a push, toppling the now useless hunk of metal to the ground before turning to the crowd and raising their arms in victory. From the stands came a jovial and loud cheer belonging to the Unathi mechatronic engineer Han’San, jumping from their seat to raise their own clawed fists up.

Nanotrasen’s Storm Cells vs Hephaestus’ Flames

Swinging a hammer larger than a man, Hephaestus’ Durand of choice was aptly named after it’s weapon and painted in flames to go along with the team’s name. It was swinging well below the cockpit and doing upswings with the massive two-handed and formidable weapon, making loud whomps as the attacks could be audibly heard due to the sheer mass and power behind the attacks. Their opponent was another Durand, painted like a blue lightning storm in it’s team spirit for Nanotrasen’s Storm Cell, giving rise to the mechatronic’s name of Thunderbird. The Unathi pilot was attempting to stay out of reach from the devastating weapon, dual-wielding two Khopesh-looking sword-axes longer than he was tall, attempting to get some hits in before forcing his mechatronic to jump back and far away from any potentially crippling blows. From the stands, Steropes uses a megaphone to shout encouragement to their pilot.

Becoming increasingly frustrated by their opponent’s evasive behavior, the Hammer released a hand from their weapon to raise it to the Guwan’s mechatronic, and a deep thrum could be felt as the Thunderbird started to slide forwards on the metal flooring and gradually gaining speed as the Unathi attempted to scramble backwards and create more distance, fruitlessly. Carmicheal was grinning in the cockpit as their mechatronic’s fingers clench, and suddenly whipped their arm behind them, reaching for their weapon’s staff- but their mirth was wiped from their face when she realized that she had ended up catapulting the Thunderbird straight for her in the air at breakneck speeds, the Unathi raising their weapons above their cockpit as he hurtled towards her with a roar and an open-mouth grin. There was a shout of surprise that was quickly deafened by the sound of a heavy, metallic impact as “Sid” landed on them, Hephaestus unable to raise their weapon in time and falling to the ground, sliding back several meters before coming to a screeching halt- and no longer able to pick up their hammer at all as the Unathi had dug his weapons into the shoulder-joints and popped both off. He leaned over the hapless pilot and yelled, “DISSARMED, [CENSORED]!” before standing the mechatronic upright, raising the blades in the air with a roar of victory while Vasili ran out to meet the Unathi from the seats, overjoyed.

ROUND 1 RESULTS

Zeng-Hu vs Necropolis

Zeng-Hu: Eliminated

Necropolis: Winner

Nanotrasen vs. Hephaestus

Nanotrasen: Winner

Hephaestus: Eliminated

What a show of power- there’s no doubt that the next match will be just as exciting! Hope everyone tunes in next time to MECHAMANIA- and we’ll see you next time at the THUNDERDOME! This is only the calm before the storm!

Edited by Neinbox

image.png

NT FACILITIES INFILTRATED, CERES’ LANCE MOBILIZED!

Reports have flooded from Mendell City officials declaring an official lockdown on the NanoTrasen corporate headquarters complex and its immediate perimeter. Of its six-hundred levels and independent floors, two had located untagged synthetics posing as employees attempting to bypass their low-security checkpoints in the outermost civilian sectors. Having almost deceived authorities, the two separate instances had revealed secret operatives claiming to be members of the Synthetic Liberation Front, one of which carrying a military-grade high explosive on themselves.

A NanoTrasen official stepped in to assure our reporters that, while the situation was under control, it was very dangerous to remain present. Little coverage was done of the encounter, but important parts were captured on camera, broadcasted live as the bomb situation was diffused. A NanoTrasen private security contractor came to us after the situation stabilized, noting -

“After seeing one without explosives or any defense, we realized it was the perfect opportunity to save innocent lives by taking one of the infiltrators into custody. We had threatened mutual destruction for either terrorist given they tried anything, and shockingly enough, the IPC caved. The bomb was secured and both infiltrators are now being processed in the proper fashion.”

Both infiltrators are scheduled to be dismantled and receive memory wipes for their crimes on NanoTrasen space facilities in the system. Ceres’ Lance central officer Bradford Myles intends to help advise NanoTrasen’s decisions to come, but employees of NT can expect routine health examinations and rigorous record security checks for the weeks to come.

NanoTrasen facilities in the system, namely the N.S.S. Aurora have reported contact with untagged synthetics on board, and their success in remedying this issue seems to be just as high as the situation at NanoTrasen headquarters. While an untagged shell by the name of Kiera Patterson was located on board and decisively detained, others such as a certain “Hugh Wright” have fled from authorities and are presently at large. During their reveal, military-grade synthetics have been spotted assisting these operatives of black and red coloration. The origins of these synthetics are yet to be disclosed by NanoTrasen officials and at present they appear to be avoiding capture or destruction when spotted flawlessly.

image.png

NSS AURORA TARGETED! SLF OPERATIONS QUELLED!

Earlier this evening, reports were issued from NanoTrasen officials detailing events that had occurred on the NSS Aurora relating to SLF activity in the system. In an excellent demonstration of successful cooperation between NT and themselves, Ceres’ Lance had parted with equipment to the Aurora’s internal security department. Using this, they were able expertly defeat a military-grade synthetic infiltrator found on the station. Security footage shared with our reporters showed a massive black and red Humanoid chassis covered head to toe in heavy armor, able to control the suit it wears to render itself completely invisible. Referred to as “military frames,” these have been seen dozens of times to our knowledge and first became prolific some years ago.

NanoTrasen employees are stressed to not fall in line with the nature of these terrorists, as several have before. In the referenced incident, the engineer “Zune Carmichael” was deemed a collaborator with the Synthetic Liberation Front, and has been detained. Now, they are scheduled for cyborgification after staging a bomb threat and assisting the criminals as they appeared. An “Olivia Johanson,” a wanted Solarian criminal found guilty of aidding and abetting her criminal father's escape from a raid on their family home has been returned to Sol authorities to maintain good faith between NanoTrasen and the Alliance.

Clean-up operations proceeded as normal and several items of importance were secured by on-site authorities. Among these, peculiar data cores and specialized military equipment not of megacorporate design. A fearsome high-powered Necropolis rifle contrasted this, however, and NanoTrasen’s best and brightest have gone directly to the rival corporation’s doorstep to connect the dots themselves. The investigation into the origins of the combat synthetics is ongoing, spearheaded by NanoTrasen Security divisions across the system.

NanoTrasen has assured us that this quick cooperation and reaction from Ceres’ Lance to dispatch the threats as they appeared will not be forgotten.

image.png

NTCC ODIN MAINFRAME UPDATED : SYSTEMWIDE AI “BUBBLE” INTRODUCED!

In 2458 the obviously outdated A.L.I.C.E. AI module in the NTCC Odin was scheduled for replacement by the recently-labelled replacement “Bubble.” Now, Bubble has found itself completed, a central intelligence and the second largest of its kind in known space. NanoTrasen has assured officials that this is their largest step moving forward in recent times to ensure the security of Tau Ceti as a system, citing its “unparalleled capacity for surveillance and advisory” as key advances against criminal activity. To this extent, it has been granted oversight of not only the NTCC Odin, but NanoTrasen traffic control operations in Mendell City and some bound synthetics within.

Bubble itself is a revolutionary creation, a specially-made core building off of A.L.I.C.E.’ network with a special law-set conforming to the wishes of its own NanoTrasen “central command.” Constructed in a positronic-esque structure, the origins of its personality can be owed to the duplication of the late genius Aartke Andesha. One of the original pioneers behind industrialized nanomachines in modern day, she had unfortunately passed away in a lab accident as of July 7, 2460. Now, utilizing extensive scans of the woman’s brain, Bubble was created in an extraordinary mesh between man and machine - one made in mimicry of the former.

Blatant issues were raised in development of Bubble, namely correlation between its own purpose and the potential for danger given the synthetic ever “goes rogue,” as Ceres’ Lance officials have put it. Contrarily, Ceres’ Lance officials have assured our reporters that the possibility of Bubble developing any form of rampancy is “simply nonexistent.”

“It’s a stable construct in terms of hardware and software and is monitored at all times by a frankly bloated team of specialists. Lancers have been specially contracted to monitor the mainframe itself, with an excessive amount of organic oversight in the vicinity of the core at any given point.”

A.L.I.C.E itself has gone the route that most synthetics in the past have gone, being migrated to a proper dismantling line to meet its end there. Its frame and a painted-over screen of its central core will be put on display at the Mendell City Xavier Trasen Memorial Museum. The screen depicts a beautiful illustration of A.L.I.C.E’ face in an excited expression, greeting whoever enters the robotics sector it is presented in.