Who Created the AuoraStation Server and who runs the server for both the game and site

I think it's very delegated, but the Head Developer is Skull132, There's a Dev team, as well as multiple other Headmins who direct the Mod team. There's also the Lore team (Which is pretty extensive itself) ontop of that. Someone more informed will have to come in here for this question, though.

Edited by Guest
Guest Menown

Aurora Server came about during the first falling out of Apollo. It was created by three main people; FSphere, MrImaTool, and Chaznoodles. Somewhere along the way, Those three eventually just left, and with Skull making his way up the ranks he eventually took over ownership of the server, with hosting for a while being handled by various members, (shadowdamon being the most notable, I think.)

Currently, I believe, Skull still has the server, with the server itself being hosted within the same database as Bay itself (Don't quote me on this).

skull currently deals with hosting and is also head of development, a few months ago he also used to deal with the administration side of the server but he grew old and decided to delegate the problems to two headmins, garn and itzal, who deal with OOC crap. and usually have a say on major changes to the server.

we also have CCIA, who oversee regulations and legal issues, the lore team which is full of tumblr tier writers and lastly and the least, the dev team that is locked in the basement, their job is add features people never asked for and to nerf things people enjoy. CCIA have their own head, so do the lore writers, while the devs are lead by skull and the mods/admins by the headmins.

To consolidate and clarify.

The server was started back in September 2013 by Tool, Chaz, Fsphere, and others. By January 2014, all but FSphere had left higher management positions and the server in general, so other heads of staff were put up. I was made Head Dev around that time, and YeahChris was made Head Admin then as well. That's basically where Aurora as it is now started, as myself and Chris were not really involved with the old management (we were new recruits), and didn't know what general plans the old management had for the server. So we just did our own thing. Before us, the server was hosted by Tool, then, for the month of January, it was hosted by ShadowDamon, and after that, I took over.

Right now, all of the hardware and service leases are signed under my name, and I pay for them. Most of the infrastructure now a days, though, is greatly helped by Arrow's presence (specially the new server, he was the one that basically set it all up with fancy shit in the backend). I just update stuff and investigate breakages. The community is run primarily by the Administrators, led by Garnascus and Itzal, along with the other teams and the community itself.

• 3 weeks later...