[Accepted]Zundy - Zhan-Khazan Tajaran App

BYOND Key: Zundy

Character Names: Mellis Laurenzi, Andrew Grimes, Iskanz Sal'Dans, Lakz Kizi, Kalac Lalsas, Adern Damistraad and others.

Species you are applying to play: Zhan-Khazan Tajaran

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): Chocolate.

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?:Yes.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race:After tweaking the human lore relating to Tajarans on Biesel my passion has been aroused for the species. It's always been interesting and I have considered applying in the past but I tend to stay away from throwing apps around until I actually have an honest drive to play the species.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:Bar the obvious OOC mechanical and flavour (rrrrrr) differences they're culturally a break away from humans. New to the space faring game, embroiled in civil war and largely looked down upon by the older space races they're much less flexible in terms of character concept freedom (of which humans wear the crown). In this setting I would say they are the genuine underdogs and as such open up some interesting concepts to play with supplemented by solid lore.

Character Name: Malji Akaidi(Hanjradaskui Akaidi)

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Born in 2436 in the city of Tampiska, Malji (the youngest) lived with his extended family which consisted of five brothers, two sisters, his mother and his father. When he was three his mother attempted to cure a bad chesty cough with a shot of boiling vodka. The vocal scarring caused by the "home remedy" led him to develop a characteristic course, rasping voice. When he was old enough he joined his father and brothers worked in a munitions factory, being homeschooled in-between shifts. This lead to a very poor education and he became a heavy drinker and smoker alongside his father and brothers. Their prefrence was vodka and S'rendarr's Hand leaf when they could get it, otherwise they would smoke recycled tobacco made from the leaf left in discarded cigarette butts.

After the assassination of Rhagrrhuzau Hadii, Njadrasanukii Hadii passed draconic laws against Zhan-Khazan chaste Tajaran. Three brothers and one sister of Maljis were executed for "crimes against the state" - a drop in munitions quota performance- which was apparently proof of a conspiracy against the republic. The reduction was actually linked to a reduced work rate due to the grief some felt over Rhagrrhuzau's death. An ironic twist that wasn't lost on many of the local workers who were very much angered over the knee jerk executions leading to Malji joining up with Adhomai Liberation Army alongside his father and two other brothers as a terror cell. Malji later joined a Kazarrhaldiye Tajara unit, "Claw of Messa".

He remembers the day he joined the Claw of Messa Akilah, he took his rifle and walked up to a recruiter on Zaarras lane. He was sitting at a desk and he watched him approach. "What can this one do for you boy?" he asked. "He would like to join the Army, sir." This one said. "How old are you?" He asked. "15" This one said. "Boy, you have to be eighteen or over to join up." This one was devastated. Yes he was in the guerrillas but this one wanted to join up with the army proper, a real soldier. He saw the look in this ones eyes and said. "You have to be over eighteen. This one should take a walk around the block and he will then be eighteen no?" This one did not understand at first but he walked around the block like the recruiter said and returned to his table. He looked at this one as though he were a stranger and asked again how old this one was. It was then this one realised. "Eighteen" This one said. He pushed a recruitment form towards me, "sign here" He said.

After witnessing atrocities on all sides of the Second Revolution, being part of some himself and loosing contact with his family he became disenfranchised with the war, Adhomai and his own life which he attempted to take with his own claws in 2455 whilst staying in a boarding house on the outskirts of Zatushka. He was rescued by the owners of the house and spent the winter in a rundown sanatorium in a nearby town. He befriended another patient, Akilah Haja, who was recovering from a serious stomach illness. Akilah, far more educated then Malji, had plans to go off world to find work as a biologist within Biesel. She sold the idea of a better life elsewhere and come late spring Akilah and Malji discharged themselves from the sanatorium and set off for Shastar City and off world. Upon reaching the city it became clear that though Akilah could more than afford passage Malji could not. After a tearful goodbye, Akilah lent Malji a large portion of the travel fee and agreed to meet up with him once he got to Biesel. Malji remained in Shastar for a year working as a labourer and living on the breadline purposefully to save money for the trip. In mid 2457 Malji made the trip to Biesel, arriving in Mendell city and to the 'Imperial Plaza' district aka 'Little Adhomai'. Unable to even make a start on finding Akilah and with the awful yet not so unfamiliar conditions of Little Adhomai, his infatuation with the city and Biesel evaporated quickly. Malji quickly became indebted to local loan sharks and consequentially involved with the gang scene, becoming an enforcer for the Claws of Messa gang. Malji found the grim irony depressingly hilarious. Malji finally got a break in 2549 when he bumped into a NanoTrasen "outreach program" looking to recruit local Tajarans in a token effort of keeping up ethical appearances. His almost spotless criminal record (thanks to a lack of law enforcement in the areas) and his previous qualifications as a labourer/factory worker (though barely baseline for the company) allowed him to land a role as an Assistant with the help of the program. He accepted almost immediately.

What do you like about this character?

I like the fact he's very much bottom of the barrel, looking for a way out. I also like the fact that even upon realising that the universe is much of the same shit, he still wants to try and better himself.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? 10/10 *clicks fingers*

Hey, how you doin'.

Notes:

Alright, one thing I never thought I'd say about an application and that is it's over-detailed.

You put in a lot of minor things that would have been fine coming out during the actual on-station RP instead of putting it as important parts of his backstory, like what he smokes and the throat, but in itself this has nothing to do with what the app is here for.

What it is here for is the familiarity of the species and well I think you captured that, while I find it a bit radical and satirical that they'd execute someone over missing ammo cartridges instead of sending him to prison or just limiting his income of foodstamps, it's still within the realm of possibilities I guess?

Otherwise I have no issue with the player or the application I think everything I covered is basically nitpicking.

I approve.

Let's talk about this app.

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): Chocolate.

home-slider3-1024x341.jpg

Born in 2436 in the city of Tampiska, Malji (the youngest) lived with his extended family which consisted of five brothers, two sisters, his mother and his father.

Finally. It's been nearly year since my addition that Tajara breed pretty quickly compared to humans, and this is the first time I've seen someone capture a side effect of the phenomena which I had hoped this addition would have- huge families with lots of siblings. I shiggy dig it.

The vocal scarring caused by the "home remedy" led him to develop a characteristic course, rasping voice.

tumblr_md03jzkdMi1qdbyqso1_500.jpg

After the assassination of Rhagrrhuzau Hadii, Njadrasanukii Hadii passed draconic laws against Zhan-Khazan chaste Tajaran.

3cb.jpg

Why the chaste ones? What a mean guy, punishing all the virgins. I get what you meant though, Casts. Or did you just mean spartan-living working class Zhan only?

I don't really have much to meme on for the rest of the application. Simply put, it's easily the best Tajara application I've ever processed in my tenure as lore dev. The backstory was an engaging story, and the anecdotal section, while completely unnecessary, was a strong sample of your roleplaying capabilities (which I already knew were great.) Plus it just added so much flavor to the application. It glides from Malji's fervor for the rebellion and this light heart story of his recruitment at a young age to disillusionment and melancholy over the acts carried out in the name of the cause. The circumstances of his departure to the Republic of Biesel out of love and instead falling into crime ridden Little Adhomai and becoming a gopnik was great. I can almost his phone ringing with "Cooousin! Let them go bowling!" And the last and final crowning feature is how his job isn't a an engineer, or security. Of all the jobs on the station, he dodged all the meta-stereotypes and went for one of the most realistic jobs for Tajara on station: assistant. Top shelf stuff, m8.

You even went through all the work to pull off the two name meme! And they're both great! And it sounds totally legit as a traditional Tajaran name. First rate.

Well, application accepted. Godspeed.