Allow players to crawl under tables

Bauser

Hiding under tables is a realistic response to a white-collar worker ending up in an active shooter scenario. We should let people hide under tables by lying down and using the click-drag crawl to pull themselves onto the table's tile. It would place their sprite behind the table's, just like how crates are hidden when pushed under them. And I assume it would disallow standing up until the person crawled back out or the table was flipped.

Be pretty cool to have people hiding under tables from danger, and having that danger running around knocking them over looking for them.

The idea is intersting and it fits well with the crawling mechanic (which i heard is being ported or something). I'd just like to add that not all tables would be available for crawling under. Reinforced tables for example i imagine are like a solid block of metal (it also would prevent people from crawling under counters in departments like chemistry, RnD, security lobby and such)

+1

Only problem I can see with this is that you can only flip tables that're 1 wide. though I've been looking for a way to implement this sanely. I'll be sure to make a PR once I get it working if it's a wanted feature.

Expand on the correlation between dragging yourself under the table and the ability to flip said table. My brain refuses to see it

Only problem I can see with this is that you can only flip tables that're 1 wide. though I've been looking for a way to implement this sanely. I'll be sure to make a PR once I get it working if it's a wanted feature.

Expand on the correlation between dragging yourself under the table and the ability to flip said table. My brain refuses to see it

OP said it'd be cool to hide under tables as a school shooter flips them looking for you. Pacman just pointed out that you can't flip a table larger then one tile in width, like the table in the kitchen ergo you can hide under it but it can't be flipped to check if you're under it.

Fortunately, even in that case, some of your pixels would still be visible since the mob sprite is a little longer than the table sprite. So as long as a table isn't 3x3 (which does not naturally occur on the station) with you hiding in the center, you would still be reachable in some way.

Fortunately, even in that case, some of your pixels would still be visible since the mob sprite is a little longer than the table sprite. So as long as a table isn't 3x3 (which does not naturally occur on the station) with you hiding in the center, you would still be reachable in some way.

Crew member:"Let's hide in this safe room with a strange 3x3 table, I don't think anyone's here."

Ninja: *slides out from under table and stands up, activates eblade*

• 2 months later...

I see this as having a lot of RP benefits for both Antag and Non-antag. I just recommend looking at the map and changing all tables that are intended to block people from going into a department to be Reinforced.

+1

There aren't any tables that are intended to block people from entering departments, because players can already climb on top of tables. On the current map, department desks like those at security, R&D, engineering, etc. block entry by having access-locked windoors around them.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

I know the intention isn't there but man discussing gameplay mechancis to make active shooter scenarios more realistic is really depressing

• Gem locked this topic