Leg Actuator Redundancy

whiterabit

Leg actuators for RIGs are unusually difficult to get when compared to jetpacks even though jetpacks can effectively make actuators redundant.

I think RIG power scaling would be better paced if they started with actuators by default or if there was some other method of obtaining them aside from going through robotics. As it stands it's infinitely easier to just get a jetpack module which is essentially better in every way.

Guest Menown

Implying people use actuators for any reason beyond leaping through the fucking halls like a grad-student mainlining molten pixie stix.

I definitely support the idea of making actuators a default module in a literal industrial mining hardsuit, it makes a lot of sense for them to be there by default like they are in the much less industrial Medical hardsuit, and would add more options other than just rushing a jetpack every single round.

I believe the problem of people using them inside the station has already been addressed, but it's as simple as giving them a chance to damage floor plating if used inside, or requiring the hardsuit to be deployed for them to function.

Yes, yes, yessity yes. Alternatively, just give regular actuators a smaller leap, and then give the mining version the one that's in the CE rig, because IMO the miners really need it. They're the ones falling more often.

Besides the point, i don't really see the issue with using them inside. It's usually only white-listed goobers using it, with the medical version being simply used wrong in every scenario. Considering it's supposed to be used for emergencies, and all.

As a note, if you have both a jetpack and actuators; it is possible to knock someone down and goomba stomp them for approximately 600 brute damage over about 8 seconds. With a macro of course. They can be hilariously lethal. Maybe two seperate ones, reinforced and normal; with reinforced having the stomp effect and requiring Robotics or the CE's suit.

I was going to point out the combat utility of these myself. There's a lot of potential for abuse in just making this standard kit for miner job slots, though I agree with the intention of the suggestion. They make sense as something you would find on a hardsuit that is meant for someone who will be traversing uneven terrain and significant elevation.

• Gem locked this topic