Medical Map Fix Please

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Guest Marlon Phoenix

i didnt even know we had those discords

Come on now, OwOot, we have these pages for a reason, they aren't even restricted!

I do not think it is very reasonable for me to have to watch multiple unofficial discord servers in order to provide feedback on an official server development project.

i didnt even know we had those discords

Come on now, OwOot, we have these pages for a reason, they aren't even restricted!

I do not think it is very reasonable for me to have to watch multiple unofficial discord servers in order to provide feedback on an official server development project.

It isn't reasonable. These discords are extremely low priority, and while it seems the only saving grace may have been that the mappers actually asked for feedback from medical players this time, the proof in the pudding is that what got implemented is something a majority of the playerbase did not want.

HELLO

mqZD42g.png

I'm not going to pretend like I understand what all the empty rooms are, but wasn't one of the main gripes the 2 square wide hallways? This version has that too? Also seems like a lot of unnecessary walls for places like the advanced scanners and cryo pods?

That said, I really like the basic layout.

New medical is a series of 2-tile wide hallways which cause a lot of traffic jams. 5 doctors running around with 5 patients in rollerbeds have to all go in all sorts of different directions, converging in the middle to the scanners then literally everywhere else. There is no flow, no cohesion.

OP wrote this about 2 tile wide hallways. But it would probably be alright if the hallways weren't cluttered with items such as chairs, tables and lockers

HELLO

mqZD42g.png

Had a look at your updated map.

In the cryo pod (emergency?) room, have you considered moving the diagnostic scanners up against the southern wall? If you do that then you could turn the (what looks like) the CMO office into a small patient ward with sleepers, beds and IV stands, with a door between them.

A sort of combined pre-op/post-op/general treatment room.

IMHO the CMO office would be placed at the bottom of the map by the additional diagnostic room, or next to the psychiatrists' office on the construction level.

Edit: It's a nice map, but a spot to gather up patients without having them linger in "active" rooms or hallways would be good.

Also, bonus points for giving the receptionists a clear view over all seats. The current medbay ignores everyone not standing in the lobby.

Edit 2: Ah! We're also missing a bathroom.

• Gem locked this topic