Re: Staff Complaint: Synnono, UnknownMurdered, SRVO

How to explain accusations of crime that never happened then?
The statistical probability of CCIA making charges up from thin air is way too high to write it off as a reasonable human factor of making a mistake. Two counts of spoofed charges through the course of two consecutive IRs in the span of less than a months.
How can anyone resort to CCIA as a mean to adress IC problems knowing that there's about 50% chance of them going into completely wrong directions and either not punishing someone who actually did something wrong or punishing someone who didn't?
How are people supposed to act and play knowing that even if they do everything correctly they can loose their characters to the blatant disregard towards the lack of evidence?

MO_oNyMan wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:34 am
How to explain accusations of crime that never happened then?
The statistical probability of CCIA making charges up from thin air is way too high to write it off as a reasonable human factor of making a mistake. Two counts of spoofed charges through the course of two consecutive IRs in the span of less than a months.
How can anyone resort to CCIA as a mean to adress IC problems knowing that there's about 50% chance of them going into completely wrong directions and either not punishing someone who actually did something wrong or punishing someone who didn't?
How are people supposed to act and play knowing that even if they do everything correctly they can loose their characters to the blatant disregard towards the lack of evidence?
So in the very first IR you have testimony from a member of security PLUS testimony of the guy in medical AND radio logs of the medical and security channel against you. These charges are not made up out of thin air. The thing i might understand though is there might have been a bit of confusion about what exactly was voided due to antags and what wasnt. You're character was given the equivalent of a note after an admin bwoink. After looking through all of the evidence myself it really just seems like a difference of perspectives man.

Garnascus wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:38 am
So in the very first IR you have testimony from a member of security PLUS testimony of the guy in medical AND radio logs of the medical and security channel against you. These charges are not made up out of thin air. The thing i might understand though is there might have been a bit of confusion about what exactly was voided due to antags and what wasnt. You're character was given the equivalent of a note after an admin bwoink. After looking through all of the evidence myself it really just seems like a difference of perspectives man.
I think you're mixing IRs
The first IR (Sandavol) that resulted in a reprimand wasn't related to antags and i don't think there are any security radio logs that would play against me in that situation.
If you mean the second IR (Gonzales) then even aside from the fact that there was confusion about what was related to antags and what wasn't, the closure notice goes on about me threatening people with the taser and how CSIs shouldn't carry tasers. I haven't touched a taser the entire shift, i didn't threaten anyone with it. Moreover under false accusations i recieved not an equivalent of an admin note (which would've been pretty bad as is) but almost a week long character ban. Which considering the lack of solid proof is pretty appalling.

I have a very specific issue that seems to be reoccuring. When i do everything correctly (reporting a crime, storing contraband etc.) but still get punished by CCIA for it, what do i do? The punishment can vary up to a character ban (which is what mods do) but mods can get to conclusive results by looking at logs which are pretty solid. CCIA can only read interviews and based on that more often than not their judgement does not follow the actual events in question. So why are character bans a viable option? Leave them with the reprimands if they don't have means of obtaining solid proof. Otherwise people will be losing characters on arbitrary basis regardless of whether their play in the moment was correct or not. And when you're playing, doing your job and then suddenly you're being told that you can't play your character anymore because someone said you did something bad, that does not help the atmosphere of the game one bit.

No i assure you i am not mixing IRs. Its definitely all related to the initial one made by sandavol. I have access to the investigation archive and the interview transcripts. I do not really know what else to tell you here but after a lot of IR digging i do not see the merit to this complaint. I will now lock and archive it.

Return to “Staff Complaints Archive”