• One Suggestion per Thread
  • Make sure your suggestion has not been suggested before. (Search the Suggestions Sub-Forum)
  • Please don't title the thread in all capitals.
  • Don't respond to idea's with gif's, +1/-1 provide reasons on why you like an idea or not.
  • Do not derail the thread
  • Read the whole thread before you post in it. (Yes, that means all of it)
  • The usual forum rules still apply here.
  • Developers will delete all posts that violate any of these rules are are not contributing to the discussion in a suggestion.
  • The reasoning behind a suggestion should be elaborated upon in the initial post to a reasonable extent.

Re: Random Asteroid "Dungeons"

Pretty sure what people mean is that they like the system you are proposing but not some of the kinds of "dungeons" you are suggesting. So if those are just some examples and not part of the same PR as the system then it's just misunderstandings. I initially thought the examples you gave were to be included with the launch of the system but now I'm not entirely sure.

Realistically mining will almost always be the ones finding these, but I don't think that's a problem. There are way more miners than archeologists plus miners have (at least currently) better gear and mobility. If the anomaly scanner things picks up some dungeons by picking up an item in there, that will sometimes make archeology find it. Otherwise pretty much never I think. Again, not really an issue I feel like.

Re: Random Asteroid "Dungeons"

If a miner acts like an idiot then they act like an idiot. there is absolutely nothing you can do to stop a miner from being a fool mechanically unless you implement ridiculous "fixes" like mysteriously unreadable pill bottles on CM. It is 100% and completely acceptable OOC for a miner to go into a ruin and go rambo as long as it makes sense for that character to do so. It's called roleplay, we're not goonstation.
We have rules determining what is and is not proper or believable conduct for a character. Rambo Miners are not believable or proper. This suggestion does not add anything for mining without suspending realism for the sake of gameplay, when alternatively, chance-spawning crashed shuttles or other such things would be more appropriate without making the game even more arcadey.
I've repeated this several times to several people who brought up the same depressing point; which is something along the likes of "Miners are selfish/dumb this is bad for those poor poor miners, science is smart make them involved instead :("
Miners are not security, they are not police, they are not ERT, they are not soldiers (background nonwithstanding, still unacceptable in the eyes of staff handling foolhardy players who claim having a Military background justifies irregular and valid-ish behavior). Science should handle ruins and anomalies, not untrained Miners. People with Masters degrees and Doctorates should handle ancient obviously-man-or-sentient-made constructs, not 19 year old high school graduates that had a four week course in EVA training, and the extent of their job is cutting ore out of rock.
And I'll keep repeating the point: "Do it yourself, Science." If you want to go find ancient ruins, crashed ships, or other things? Go Xenoarch. Get yourself an upgraded kinetic accelerator. Go find them with a small team if you want. There is nothing stopping you from finding this ruins before the miners do.
Good. Miners can still find ruins though. Doesn't mean they should storm in, whatsoever. Science shouldn't even be storming anything either. That's why we have a Security department. With actual weapons and voidsuits.
I'm just going to start ignoring bad posts that paint miners in a negative light. Honestly I prefer posts that just saying "-1 retard addon" because it's faster to read and doesn't contain a very depressing viewpoint of our community.
Bad idea. Ignoring valid criticism is not wise when it comes to a suggestion forum. Instead of ignoring 'bad posts', take what those players are saying into account.

I'll be very disappointed if this suggestion is accepted in its current form.
Kalren Halstere - NanoTrasen Head of Security, Martian Planetary Guard.
Friederick Tyrent - NanoTrasen Duty Officer, CCIAA.
Mikhail Sevensky - NanoTrasen Internal Affairs Agent, Aurora division.
Mariabella Cypret - NanoTrasen Emergency Medical Technician.
AL-B-ON - Knight of the Round Table.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Return to “Suggestions & Ideas”