• One Suggestion per Thread
  • Make sure your suggestion has not been suggested before. (Search the Suggestions Sub-Forum)
  • Please don't title the thread in all capitals.
  • Don't respond to idea's with gif's, +1/-1 provide reasons on why you like an idea or not.
  • Do not derail the thread
  • Read the whole thread before you post in it. (Yes, that means all of it)
  • The usual forum rules still apply here.
  • Developers will delete all posts that violate any of these rules are are not contributing to the discussion in a suggestion.
  • The reasoning behind a suggestion should be elaborated upon in the initial post to a reasonable extent.

Declowning Objects

There are several items generated in an average round that unnecessarily reference clowns or the clown. These are a relic of bygone days when we had clowns and it was 'funny' to talk about them being on the station and murdering them.

I created a PR involving removing them, but it's been largely filled up with le reddit brigade nonsense from people hailing from lowrp servers that certain of OUR players called in to 'support' them. I was asked to make a forum thread.

Here's the important info, though.

These three items had their text involving clowns changed to 'unauthorized personnel', 'carefully', and deleting the last sentence, respectfully.

I'm aware that there is an ancient culture involving clowns and SS13, but we don't use them anymore. There's no redeeming value in keeping silly or nonsensical messages in the game simply for the sake of them being there.

They're not funny anymore. They're not in any way necessary.

It's time to move on, and within a week of this being implemented, most people won't even remember it was there, because the objects that include these are so rarely viewed that people mostly forget they exist unless they're using them.

Re: Declowning Objects

Clinging to the ways of old leads to stagnation and stagnation leads to death, the golden path of humanity must arrise from conflict.
+1 the text adds nothing besides le xd funny clown mey mey.
Praise be to Shai'Hulud may his passing cleanse this world.

...the Hangman corrected me; "First the alien, then the Jew... I did no more than you let me do."

Re: Declowning Objects

Here´s a link to the PR in question: https://github.com/Aurorastation/Aurora.3/pull/4715
random quotes from random people
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Sorcflopter wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:37 am
The newest form I have decided to take is not a ckey, but a series of UDP requests, requests your server has to ACK and handle, that much power your server has to divert away from running ss13 for you all to tell my connection that it cant connect.

Return to “Suggestions & Ideas”