Unban Request Rules:
  • The General Forum Rules
  • Only post if involved. If you are not a moderator or administrator and were not involved in a specific incident that may elicit a ban request, you may not post or reply to a ban request regarding that incident.
  • Do not use ad hominem.
  • No flame wars. No trolling. Self-explanatory.
  • DO NOT MAKE A UNBAN REQUEST WHILE A ROUND IS STILL GOING. This constitutes as IC in OOC, wait for the round to end. This only applies if the request is related to an ongoing round.
  • Only post if involved. If you are not a moderator or administrator and were not involved in a specific incident that may elicit a ban request, you may not post or reply to a ban request regarding that incident.
  • All rulings are final when they are declared. If you wish to contest a verdict, you are encourged to post in the Staff Complaints section of the forums.

Ban Appeal

BYOND Key: (Dlw4456)
Total Ban Length: (Perm)
Banning staff member's Key: (exia352)
Reason of Ban: (self antag and going into disposals)
Reason for Appeal: So as far as I remember correctly the ban for the "self-antag" part was due to me getting into a heated argument with a nanotrasen staff member and getting into a fistfight. and due to my really long sentence for the fight being pretty bad I decided I would prefer escaping, so I jumped into a disposal unit when the opportunity presented itself. I did not believe this action to be against RP seeing as for a man who would be spending most of his career in a cell would be given the chance to escape, also the other reason it seemed bad rp was the brute damage which I didn't expect because on other servers I just plopped out of disposals with not so much as a scratch. but I digress, I've waited a good month or two to show im genuine and would like to come back on a clean slate and participate in this great server.

thank you for your time, ~Dlw

Re: Ban Appeal

Excuse the delay, it seems that the moderator that banned you actually quit yesterday.

We'll get to this thread shortly, we promise.

...the Hangman corrected me; "First the alien, then the Jew... I did no more than you let me do."

Re: Ban Appeal

I'm sorry for the delay. Staff member in question has resigned so I'll handle this.

Now, while the ban in itself may seem to be a minor issue. Punishments are given for the sum total of infractions committed across a period of time, while being considerate on the time gaps between the infractions. You have 7 entries, mostly warnings and bans over a course of a month.

Per your previous warning. You continued playing in a self antagonistic character, with strong elements of being unhinged which also violates our sane/believable rules. The only reason this isn't a longer ban is that you claim you won't do it again.

The rule violations tend to cover three core principles of the rules.
  • Roleplaying character comfort and avoidance of pain.
  • Sane and believable characters.
  • Self Antagonistic actions

I don't mind giving you a chance, but I need you to understand that if we do remove it, more of these incidents will result in a ban, quicker than before.

Return to “Unban Requests”