Re: Doxxmedearly's Tajara Whitelist Application

So you're saying she's eventually going to openly display her sexuality and reject the idea that's she's disgusting and ashamed despite the fact that less than a year ago she would have been put in death camps for doing so?
I'm saying it's a possibility, yes. That's development and learning. Rejecting the notion that you are disgusting and should not be how you are is like. A major, courageous, and careful step in coming to love yourself. It's not an easy one. It's not even a guarantee; perhaps it will always be a secret between her and her trusted friends, given that other Tajara on-station will treat her horribly if they knew, forever destined to be locked away in exploitable information. Maybe her fiery spirit will erupt and she will take this risks. Maybe everyone will write her off as a standoffish asshole and it won't even come up. Maybe she'll be shamed into taking her life. I don't know! That will be shaped by her experiences. The fact is that there are always people who will stand up for what they believe, even if it means the risk of death. I'm not saying she will be one, but it's not far-fetched to have it as a possibility.
And when you say long time do you mean like a week or two like you typically give for your other characters?
I'm not sure where this insinuation is coming from. I just described that my characters are ongoing in their struggles, with one exception. I'll say that no, obviously a week or two is such a ridiculously short time for something like this.

I understand how serious this is. I get how big of a deal this is for Tajara. It's not something that will be ignored. Does my grasp of the lore seem weak in some places that I can work on further clarifying? Does it seem like I'm trying to shoehorn in sexuality rather than trying to work with it in the context provided by the lore? Should I have addressed sexuality in the backstory? I understand the concern, and I understand why it is directed at me. I am not sure I can ever really assure you that I take the lore very seriously, more than I already have (but I hope that I do, either with this response, or with my roleplay! You are a good Taj player, and I respect your thoughts).
Senpai Jackboot wrote:Tone down the intensity.
I'm sorry if I came off as being hostile or confrontational, it was not my intent. I'll watch my words.
Discord: Eels! The Musical#9351
(I don't pay attention to the Aurora discord server unless pinged.)
= = =
Current Characters:
Wynter Steele - Librarian - Pink Poetry Pest
Kizikh Guwan - Gardener - The Guwan Garden
Sazya Xichi - Miner - Edict-breaker, Rock-breaker
Sikaevi Suhn'Krashzkrikh - Security Officer - "Just call me Sunny."
Nahjiya Khayaram - Maintenance Technician - "Rrrrepublicanism is bloodshed!"
Hadiyya Nejem - Chemist - Rebel With a Beaker
Rowan "Miss" Fortune - Cargo Tech - Delightful Dreg
Marceline Finch - Mechatronic Engineer - 0% Social Skills, 100% Sleepy
H.A.R.P.I. - pAI - "How exciting!"
Azulzi Sinensiz - Merchant - Treacherous Trader
Samirah Al-Kandari - Janitor - Big Janitor, Big Sister
Ashes - Merc - "The Ssssyndicate isss my clan, now."
Misfire - Raider - Would rather shoot the shit than shoot 'em up
Tpr. A'dab "Sphinx" El-Safin - ERT - "Salam, Aurora. Grandma is here for you."
Retired:
Spoiler:
Rafia Lakhani - Maintenance Technician - Frontier Grandma
Zizi'Azik Kuhwinla - Janitor - "Messes for Zizi?? Okay okay!"

I'm not tracking how revelations of homosexuality are considered character development. It seems a large portion of non-human, as well as human players are striving entirely to obtain relationship partners, and putting a major focus onto their characters' sexuality. I've already had people asking me if I feel like LGBT characters shouldn't exist because of these posts, so I'm not even going to bother posting anything beyond this.

Do whatever you feel is right, I don't care. The climate has changed for Tajara, and I'm quickly realizing that. Also, @Senpai Jackboot was referring to me, not you.

I see. I understand then. Your concern is valid, though, because of course you don't want to see anyone going horribly against lore with a species you obviously really enjoy.
I've already had people asking me if I feel like LGBT characters shouldn't exist because of these posts,
If anyone reading this is a person who asked this, cut that out, seriously. Please don't be jumping to extremes like this. I understand his concern and respect Menown tremendously, and I don't think that that's at all what he was implying. He should not be harassed for expressing his concerns on a whitelist app.
= = =
Current Characters:
Retired:
Spoiler:

Tomorrow is the big day! You drummed up a lot of discussion, can't wait to read through it.
I am the Tajara Lore Overseer and Deputy Lore Master. Feel free to message me here or on Discord, or anywhere really with questions/criticisms/thoughts on anything you want. If you're too shy, many questions can be answered by reading the wiki here.

I play the Mayor of Mendell City, Gleb Plyushkin. Feel free to send me IC emails as a concerned citizen with any questions, thoughts, or even full-blown proposals for legislation, and they could be addressed or put before city council if Gleb agrees! RIP. Gun was on stun.

The Brothers Tsyrrkunov: http://forums.aurorastation.org/viewtop ... 754#p68754

Pile of delightful meme photographs:
Spoiler:
You've been HONKED by Mofo1995

Doxxmedearly is one of the best roleplayers I've had the pleasure to meet in this game. They're a ton of fun to roleplay with, and tend to arrange events that can draw the attention of the entire station. They also have an excellent attitude towards roleplaying and helping new players get the gist of the game, which I feel is something important for a whitelist owner to have, as they'll also be serving as a model for the species. Therefore, regarding characterizations and roleplay ability, they deserve a strong +1.

I'm not super familiar with Tajaran lore, but I have just a few questions regarding playing Nahjiya:

How do you plan to demonstrate her poor grasp on basic ingame?

You mentioned she'll live in District 6, how will you plan to show the hardship she faces there, or how does she deal with the current chaos in that part of Mendell? Does she have experience interacting with gangs (if she's prone to fall for propaganda and is very idealist)?

I think you've done a good job depicting how she'll come off personality wise, and I could ask about hobbies she does, but I don't think that's really needed for this application. Best of luck!

How do you plan to demonstrate her poor grasp on basic ingame?
I've done this with a few of my characters already, such as Kizikh. It'll probably be along the lines of when someone has only a basic grasp on a language IRL: Not knowing words, and using descriptions ("Picture Floor" for holodeck, "cute human birds" for chickens, the character Aisha El-kabir using "Booms" for Kinetic Accelerators), incorrect sentence structure ("Can you explain her the rules?"), verb agreements ("She like the colors!"), strange word substitution ("How does he call..." instead of "How does he say...", "She has been fighting since four years" instead of "She has been fighting for four years"). It will be noticeable, and become more pronounced as she gets flustered and has less time to think. Slang will utterly confuse her. Aside from my own sentences, it'll be a matter of taking time to understand what other people say to her, communicating slowly, and sometimes just sort of pretending she understood what was said.
You mentioned she'll live in District 6, how will you plan to show the hardship she faces there, or how does she deal with the current chaos in that part of Mendell? Does she have experience interacting with gangs (if she's prone to fall for propaganda and is very idealist)?
Good question! That will have to come up in conversation. Like the NKA, she will keep a "stiff upper muzzle" about the conditions and hardships of living in what is basically a slum, and so won't complain about it. More like a "it is hard, but it is nothing she cannot endure." She shares a home with a refugee family, and if anything, it redoubles her efforts in working hard. Gangs... it's possible, though I am yet undecided on where that path will go. She has not been there for long, but that's a really good aspect to think about.
I think you've done a good job depicting how she'll come off personality wise, and I could ask about hobbies she does, but I don't think that's really needed for this application. Best of luck!
Everyone's gotta have hobbies! She likes to keep up on fashion trends and enjoys modifying clothes and reading magazines. She got into board and card games during her services, and likes to play with the children she lives with. She's into winter sports, too, having played them with her construction buddies way back when.

Thank you for your comments!
= = =
Current Characters:
Retired:
Spoiler:

There's a lot to unpack here.

It's a very strong application that shows more than a merely amateur understanding of Tajara lore. While sexuality will always be a very touchy subject, I haven't seen any issues with Dear's Unathi acting out or being absurd. When coupled with widespread community support, I'm led to believe we can trust Doxx with the potentially risky character concept. If anyone notices any risque or unacceptable behavior, report it to me and it will be handled.

I would provide a full criticism of the backstory, but at the moment I'm a bit too whipped to, and I don't want to delay any further. It's a very strong backstory with a strong understanding of the three factions, their differences, and how they interact with each other and their own populations. I'm inclined to accept this application.
I am the Tajara Lore Overseer and Deputy Lore Master. Feel free to message me here or on Discord, or anywhere really with questions/criticisms/thoughts on anything you want. If you're too shy, many questions can be answered by reading the wiki here.

I play the Mayor of Mendell City, Gleb Plyushkin. Feel free to send me IC emails as a concerned citizen with any questions, thoughts, or even full-blown proposals for legislation, and they could be addressed or put before city council if Gleb agrees! RIP. Gun was on stun.

The Brothers Tsyrrkunov: http://forums.aurorastation.org/viewtop ... 754#p68754

Pile of delightful meme photographs:
Spoiler:
You've been HONKED by Mofo1995

Return to “Whitelist Applications Archives”