• One Suggestion per Thread
  • Make sure your suggestion has not been suggested before. (Search the Suggestions Sub-Forum)
  • Please don't title the thread in all capitals.
  • Don't respond to idea's with gif's, +1/-1 provide reasons on why you like an idea or not.
  • Do not derail the thread
  • Read the whole thread before you post in it. (Yes, that means all of it)
  • The usual forum rules still apply here.
  • Developers will delete all posts that violate any of these rules are are not contributing to the discussion in a suggestion.
  • The reasoning behind a suggestion should be elaborated upon in the initial post to a reasonable extent.

Borgs being able to detonate themselves through control console.

So. It came to my... attention, that a borg can not lock themselves down through a control console, but that they CAN detonate themselves.

To avoid any continued mishaps that have and might continue to arise through a borg's ability to self-detonate, I suggest that ability to be 'access denied' - just like self-lockdown is, as should be.

It's a small thing, and I'm pretty sure not many borg players decide to think "Hey wonder if I can self-detonate through this robotics control console?" and go through with it... but it might happen. And that's an issue right there.

So.

Yeah.

Thoughts?

/O.R.B.
Character Roster:
O.R.B. - Spherical Security Android Stationbound.
David Hawthorne - Roboticist.
D.U.S.T. - Personal Artificial Intelligence.
Black Box - Personal Artificial Intelligence.

Re: Borgs being able to detonate themselves through control console.

Jupiter Storm wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:41 am
Seconded, it seems like a bad thing to allow - considering the potential for griefing and also because Cyborgs are only meant to have AI access privileges, rather than Command privileges. AFAIK the AI can't detonate its own borgs either, unless Malf?
Anyone can detonate a non-hacked borg.

Being able to self-destruct really shouldnt be a thing as you're lawed to preserve yourself.

Return to “Suggestions & Ideas”