CakeIsOssim wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:25 am
Your lore is actually already present and used in general synthetic lore, which is a good mark. I still have some personalized questions for you.
1. I understand there used to be some tension between yourself and either the development team and community, or vice versa, not entirely sure. Are you willing to dedicate yourself to the lore team despite criticisms and rough patches when communicating with both the community and the lore team itself?
2. You to seem to a good job of thinking out your writing, fleshing it out and making sure it makes sense. However, I am definitely looking for someone to be more active server-wise and assist with things like events. There will still be lore writing involved. Would you be willing to help out in this regard?
3. Cannot avoid the fact that you are a coder, so I'll just come out and ask it - would you be willing to focus some of your coding towards synthetics, IPCs mainly?
4. Are you able to generate ideas and activities semi-autonomously, and able to carry them out without 100% full oversight, and still keep the general spirit of the lore team in mind when doing so?
1. Ironically enough, the real crux of the issue was a miscommunication/lack of communication of lore to players. Back then, any of my complaints were met with "be the change you want to see", but we didn't have lore deputies yet. Now that I've returned full-time and the slot's open, I'm ready to do my part to correct the issues I saw back then.
2. Definitely. I've got a decent amount of experience with things like build-mode and VV for the technical side, and I have experience acting as a GM for the administrative side.
3. I could certainly do that. Before my hiatus, that's effectively what I did; I focused heavily on IPC-specific features and bugfixes, like fixing IPC surgery... twice, fixing IPC damage overlay updates, and added the ability to put suit coolers directly on industrials (at your request). Even after, my recent changes to wounds and combat logs were tailored with shells in mind, no longer outing them immediately if they get poked in the chest.
4. I hope so! I have no problem with doing so, and I hope I can properly channel the direction of the lore. I'm sure no matter what I'll improve with practice.