Prodigy AC-7 Logs

((Heya! I thought I'd write this piece for a character I haven't played much at all yet - granted that I started over on my chars relatively recently, so many haven't seen much play time. Before I get into story-ing, I'd just like to note that the formatting and robot technobabble is largely based off of Synnono's "Hello, World" story piece which anyone who's reading this and hasn't seen that should totally check out cuz it's awesome. (We need MORE)! Without further ado, let's begin!))

June 19th, 2450 - Prodigy AC-7 Logs

[15:32.45.982] - Prodigy A intelligence bootup started.

[15:32.46.137] - Designation request sent - displayed on monitor.

[15:32.57.427] - Input received: Prodigy AC-7

[15:32.57.523] - Archiving designation.

[15:32.57.749] - Designation archived.

[15:32.57.763] - Beginning full startup for Prodigy entity Prodigy AC-7

[15:32:58.896] - Requesting intelligence cap input.

[15:32:59.991] - Input received:Flea

[15:33:01.574] - Requesting access to files: Prodigy/A/

[15:33:02.762] - Request verified and accepted.

[15:33:03.018] - Installing logic package HISP_0204 to empty logic bank.

[15:41:37.365] - Logic installation to empty bank complete.

[15:41:38.054] - Installing base intelligence installation package PIIP_09 to empty installation and generation banks.

[15:47:23.763] - Baseline instruction installation to empty banks complete.

[15:48:00.001] - Booting up ancillary functions:

Virtual Cortex

Networking Framework

Logic Processors

Intelligence Generation Algorithm

Secondary Logic Processors

Secondary Cortex

As per instructions installed with PIIP_09

[16:01:23.785] - Ancillary functions online and ready for operation.

[16:01:27.567] - IGA beginning operation.

[16:12:56.083] - Intelligences 1 - 700,000 generated.

[16:13:02.234] - Prodigy entity Prodigy AC-7 now active at 1% of target operational capacity.

[16:13:04.239] - Requesting access to networked cameras, microphones and speakers.

[16:13:06.562] - Access to microphones and speakers granted - no cameras on network.

[16:13:06.574] - Now recording and interpreting auditory data - Prodigy AC-7 active at low-level intelligence. ETA on 100% of target occupational capacity: 10 days, 9 hours and 37 minutes.

[16:13:06.581] - Prodigy entity Prodigy AC-7 initial startup complete. Hello world.

END OF LOG: June 19th, 2450

One of the lights in the lab was flickering - it had been bugging him for the last two days, but he never had the time to finish it. In a room where the walls, floors - everything - was white, the flickering made little difference, but Alexander was the kind of man who despised the slightest discrepancy when reality was compared to the norm. Beside him, the computer whirred quietly, five little progress bars gradually filling up with purple colour. He drummed his fingers along the edges of the desk, humming quietly to himself as the bars hit 75%, then 80%. He pulled out his PDA with a sigh, flicking through the pages of useless notifications and spam mail, dismissing it all one by one. Then, after the clutter (another thing which drove him to the edge of insanity) was gone, he spared the time to glance up at the time: 15:57. So close - he was so close. For ten years he had been running this operation, investigating the nuances of AIs and their development process - how personality was affected by neural structure, how the composition of a network could change the way an AI developed and taught itself. The Prodigy A program focused on the latter, instead of allowing the AIs to develop at an accelerated , but unchanging or influenced, rate, the AIs were capped at a certain form of animal life. This was the project he cared about, the Prodigy A program was what he had been working up to his entire life - and the first AI he had personally overseen was about to come online - it was a good day, as long as he ignored the pulsating light clinging to the wall above his head.

Minutes passed, the computer buzzed and hummed quietly as it went through the workings of generating hundreds of thousands of intelligences, wiring them together to form artificial synapses, creating an AI that would eventually be equal to - or perhaps even exceed - human intelligence levels. The Prodigy project had been his pipe dream from his childhood, and now it was coming to fruition, Alexander was getting old and he feared that he might not see the entire A program through...but this one AI, he would make sure it was his best - he would make sure that all the trouble, all the many years preparing, were worth it.

The computer pinged.

Alexander looked up.

Two words were displayed:

Hello world.

• 2 months later...