SierraKomodo's Mod Applications

Basic Information

Byond Account: SierraKomodo

Character Name(s): Sairis Helosi, Ariana Eshlian, Ziva Mo'Taki, Katana, Sylvia (Syndie), The Collective (Changeling), Rasine Ha'kim, Kylan Hadyara, Sarah Wolfe

AI Name(s): Katana Alpha (AI), Katana Delta (pAI)

Preferred means of contact: By order of what I'm mostly likely to be on: AIM, Steam, Skype. I can also be contacted via email/forum PM, or on tS3 if I'm on. Actual contact details will be kept hidden from the public :P

Timezone: GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

When are you on Aurora?: Varying times throughout the day, but I might be shifting my schedule to for sure be on around 5PM/8PM to 10:30PM my time (Maybe later if I'm in a good round). I work from home for a tax company, so this time of year is a bit busy, but it'll clear up by April.

Experience

How long have you played SS13?:

About four months, joined some time in December

How long have you played on Aurora:

About a month, joined sometime in December - I was on another server before

How much do you know about SS13 (Baystation build) game mechanics?:

I certainly don't know everything, and there are departments I know nothing about still (Science and medical, for example), but I do know how to work cargo and engineering, and know some basic stuff about atmos.

Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?:

No, but I have experience moderating and administrating other forms of online communities like forums, IRC, and TS3 servers.

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?:

Never been banned once.

Personality

Why do you play SS13?:

I first started playing because friends of mine from a gaming outfit had started playing it, and were talking about it alot. I started out on a server that was more fast paced and less RP oriented than Aurora is

Why do you play on Aurora?:

The community and the RP. It's been ages since I found any kind of community anywhere that focused on roleplay over anything else, and wasn't full of ERP or godmodding.

What do moderators do?:

Moderators keep the peace on the server, making sure everyone plays nicely and follows the rules. Their job isn't to dish out warnings and bans for every instance of a broken rule, but to make sure everyone has a fun time while staying in line with the rules. If someone does something because they didn't know better, or were new, then showing them the ropes and teaching them is much better than handing out punishments.

What does it mean to be a moderator for our server?:

Aside from the responsibilities that come with the position, and the fancy OOC color, moderators are still just a part of the server's community and player base.

Why do you want to be a moderator?:

I like to help people when I can, and now that I have an understanding of the server's community and rules, the game's basic mechanics, and an understanding of certain departments within SS13, I think I can give the other staff and the community a hand in keeping things rolling smoothly.

What qualities do you possess that would make you a good moderator?:

I have experience from other communities (Though not SS13 communities) as a moderator/admin, and it seems like I'm getting along well with everyone on this server. People seem to love Ziva, Katana, and my performance as a nukeop, from what I've been told.

How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?:

Insults wise, I've gotten to where I just ignore it and move on, after having past experience with the typical abuse you can sometimes get in other communities. Anger and stress, I''m honestly not sure if this is the best way to handle things, but I tend to take a break for awhile if things get really bad - On aurora, that usually involves going SSD for about half an hour, or skipping a round that I otherwise would have joined in on.

Anything Else You Want to Add:

While I dont know everything, I'm learning it as I go. I've been doing roleplaying/writing stuff for so long now I'm not even sure how many years its been.

Engineering Dance Party http://gifsound.com/?gif=i.gyazo.com/3086fbf94652af338971c8985bef452a.gif&v=PGNiXGX2nLU

Edited by Guest
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Good to see you're willing to give it a shot!

Looking back on your interactions with other people both ICly and OOCly, is there anything you would change? If so, why?

Mostly my split-second decisions I've made without any forethought, which usually end poorly. I've had a few of those both ICly and OOCly. Also had a habit of getting incredibly frustrated and saying things in OOC/TS3 that I shouldn't have. Scopes usually shushes me and I shut up afterwards, take a moment, and deal with it in ahelp.

I do have a quick question about moderation things. If it's something that involves myself (I.e., something I would have ahelped if not a moderator), should I still ahelp it/bring it up to other mods attention instead of dealing with it myself since I am involved in it and may be biased as a result?

I do have a quick question about moderation things. If it's something that involves myself (I.e., something I would have ahelped if not a moderator), should I still ahelp it/bring it up to other mods attention instead of dealing with it myself since I am involved in it and may be biased as a result?

Definitely bring it up to someone else in msay or, if no one seems to be listening, an ahelp (because it makes a very lound BOINK and that helps). You generally don't deal with something that you are directly involved in because, you know, you're involved and your attitude or bias may affect the outcome. You are allowed to tell your side of the story, though, just like anyone else.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...