Jump to content

Incident Report - Charlie Dove & Herman Von Planta


Recommended Posts

Reporting Personnel: Omnir Al-Nasser

Rank of Reporting Personnel: Emergency Medical Technician

Personnel Involved: (Anyone involved in the incident and their rank at the time of the incident) Omnir Al-Nasser (Reporting Medic), Charlie Dove (CMO and acting captain), Herman Von Planta (Surgeon), Aaron Hawkins (Miner)

Time of Incident: (If unable to provide, leave blank) 11:58

Location of Incident: Operating Room

Nature of Incident: []Workplace Hazard [X]Accident/Injury []Destruction of Property [X]Neglect of Duty []Harassment []Assault [X]Misconduct []Other _____ (Place an x in the box that applies. If other, replace line and specify.)

Overview of the Incident: (General description of the incident, to include as much detail as is deemed necessary)

During time when medical was very overworked due to a level 7 biohazard, Chief Charlie Dove was injured with a broken rib, damaging their liver and heart. Chief Dove repeatedly attempted to leave medbay, running out despite his insistence that the injury would be LETHAL if untreated. To the point where Omnir needed to sedate his superior to prevent them from injuring themselves futher.

Surgeon Herman Von Planta performed the operation while he observed, providing light due to damage to the OR. He had provided Surgeon Herman with a printout of the chief of staff's injuries. Which he had assumed his superior and co-worker had read. The surgery was a success, and the CMO was released by Von Planta, who them proceeded to leave medical.

Von Planta then refused to work on the other injured in medical, including one Aaron Hawkins and one Omnir Al-Nasser. Citing that he was not able to stand. This continued until Omnir got them a wheelchair, despite Omnir's own injuries at the time.

Twice more the CMO was returned to medical by various non-medical staff. Each time with similar injuries, and each time brought to Von Planta for treatment. Every time the CMO fought tooth and nail to avoid surgery, despite horrific heart injuries. Requiring sedation one more time before eventually arriving back with the ERT.

The heart damage was most severe the last visit, and Omnir was forced to act above his station to save the CMO's life. It became apparant to him that the surgeon had NOT repaired the damaged rib of the CMO, resulting in additional injuries, and the CMO had not reported said injuries and continued to aggrivate them to the point where they nearly died.


Did you report it to a Head of Staff or IAA? If so, who?: (Name and rank) ERT Tpr Carter

Additional notes: (If there are none simply leave it blank) His commander ignored several bodies by genetics, and several calls from help by Omnir when medical work was becoming more intense. He was so busy his belt twice ran out of medical supplies. He was forced to work outside his discipline and job, and his own job suffered as a result: Directly resulting in more deaths. He also belives the cause of the CMO's injuries may have been said biohazard. As Omnir saw them nearby when he was going to get a medical suit for himself. Why his superior was attacking a biohazard instead of leading his department, Omnir does not know.

Link to comment

LOGIN COMPLETE. Welcome Charlie Dove.

Re: Omnir Al-Nasser's complaint of misconduct

Dear sir,

I have received your letter dated 21 February, the contents of which are noted.

In response to this, I will illustrate what had gone through my mind. I had taken the post of acting captain to deal with a threat to the station. When on my way to the bridge to message central, the bio hazard attacked leaving the bridge vented. I donned EVA equipment and prepared to assist the responding crew sent to fight the blob. I was attached and my suit punctured. I left the scene and ran towards medbay but collapsed before getting there. A man that looked like a detective picked me up, removing my suit, ID, PDA and back pack. Please note that I was acting captain at the time and so the prospect of having the spare ID removed from me was quite daunting, not mention that my CMO ID was also in my back pack. I blacked out multiple times, hearing only snippets of what you were saying. In the times I was awake, I considered the that to the station then the bio hazard to be more then enough reason to call the shuttle, as from what i could see and hear, lives were being lost. All my brain processed was "get to the bridge, call the shuttle, get the bridge, call the shuttle"

When I awoke each time, my only goal was that. I believe I went into a kind of shock and may not have had total cognitive control. Even one of my good friends, Bryce, asked why I was acting this way, but I ignored him. An officer named Jade something (I apologise, my memory of these events is tarnished) brought the spare back me saying "she had used it to call help." This did not register in my mind, only that my ID had been taken and had been reined and that goal could be achieve. I went in for a second surgery after the first failure and again, fought to to get to bridge, this time succeeding. I called the shuttle and collapsed, being taken back for yet another surgery. I did not know that the ERT had been called and was contacted over the command channel by the ERT that on its way. The leading trooper denoted me, took me into his office, where I explained the situation. He then restored me to acting captain as central called a crew transfer.

I am sorry if this letter is not completely clear. I am still under going therapy for this incident and remember more details everyday.

Kind regards.

Charlie Dove.

Link to comment
  • Create New...