[Accepted] Tomkiel'ssssssss Lizard Application

BYOND Key: Tomkiel

Character Names: Screenshot_317.png.454e45a791f6ccdbad426836d33bfe63.png

+Aqil Wazen

Species you are applying to play: Unathi

What color do you plan on making your first alien character: Brown

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yup

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question.

Why do you wish to play this specific race: (One paragraph minimum) Right, so, a little backstory, if you will. I was playing a round as my Engineer Jose Dean, and happened to be a traitor, so I decided that a nice thing would be to ask the HoS for a bunch of credits under the threat of bombing the station. They were taking a while, and when I was talking on the radio, a unathi miner said they just managed to mine out a bunch of Phoron, and that it should be enough for me to be satisfied, so I decided "eh, why not" And when I went there, my character broke down crying, pretty much saying that they didn't want to do this, and were driven to desperation because of poverty. So this nice Unathi miner, said that they'd protect me and help me get back on the rightful path. We went to the church, prayed to Sk'akh (well he did) and he said that I could go back on the right path, if we hunted down the evil of the station, so we pretty much went around trying to hunt down the other traitors that were murdering and stealing their way through the station. This Unathi player which unfortunately I do remember the name of, got me seriously interested in the Unathi and made me want to play tham. 

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: (One Paragraph minimum) Right then, let's begin with this. The Unathi are traditionalist honourbound people, where in human culture it is a choice to be honourable, in unathi culture it is pretty much required to be honourable, speaking of their cultre, the contact war. . . do I even have to mention it? The already incredibely traditionalist Unathi Izweski clashed with the even more traditionalist. . . traditionalists. The war was a disaster on an unprescedentet scale for the Unathi (and their home planet), and has molded the modern space-fairing Unathi, as individuals and as a peoples, with the Izweski seeing themselves as fighting "backwards savages barely considered Unathi"  while the tribes seeing the Izweski as abandoning their own culture and embracing (literally) alien culture.

Character Name: Trouzk Drazix

Please provide a short backstory for this character (Aproxomately two paragraphs) Trouzk of clan Drazix was born in a small tribe in the countryside, his childhood was uninteresting, to unathi standards that is, but when he reached 19, the shaman of his tribe said that he would go on to do great deeds and must go on a great adventure to rid the world of evil, although later in his life, his theory was that the shaman was persuaded to get rid of him by the clan leader, that Trouzk fell in bad graces with. Trozuk figured that his adventure was meant for him to become the greatest warrior that ever lived, and he actually became quite good with the lance. When he moved to one of the larger cities, he challenged a. . . kataphract to a duel, Akxut Dranjoshk was his name. He faired well, for a simple tribal. In the end, he lost, but the kataphract was impressed with Trouzk's ability and took him in as a kataphract-hopeful. They travelled first around Moghes, and then moved onto space, adventuring across the galaxy. On one of their adventures, they were fighting a band of pirates. Trozuk saw that his kataphract-mentor was about to be killed by a pirate with a knife, so he stabbed the pirate. . . from the back. Akxut turned to him with a questioning and possibly a bit disgusted expression, Trozuk did not get a good look from beneath his and his mentors helmet as the eyes of the kataphract soon turned into an expression of a painful grimace as a wounded pirate stabbed them through the back with an energy sword and finished them off with a revolver shot. Trouzk quickly dealt with the last pirate, but his mentor was now dead. And he was left to question his honour. At this point, Trouzk wandered the galaxy for a few months, searching not for adventure, but mostly for anwsers. Was what he did right? Is it still nescesarry to keep your honour when fighting honourless foes? He forever remembered the look Akxut gave him right before his death. It was at this point that he figured that the shaman simply wanted to get rid of him, and the whole thing, the prophesy, his grand "adventure" were all false. Trouzk was 26 at this point, and he settled for a more peaceful life, after his "honour crisis" as he thought of it. He now lives on the Odin trying to make a living for himself working on the Aurora as a miner, no longer living off of the high of adrenaline on an adventure the whole time, yet still keeping to his honour. He adheres to the Th'akh religion

What do you like about this character? (Describe what you like about this character How would you rate your role-playing ability?) I especially like the "honour crisis" that Trouzk had after such a small thing (for us puny humans) like striking from while an enemy's back was turned, even if it was to save his mentor. And also that a lot of the things in his backstory, well, he had to interpret what they meant, did they really "cast" him out of his tribe? Was the look in his mentor's eyes that of dissapointement in him? Or was he just surprised? And I'd like to think that my RP ability is decent, not too great, not too terrible.

Edited by Marlon Phoenix
Guest Marlon Phoenix

Hello! Thank you for your interest in the unathi.

On 07/01/2020 at 14:12, tomkiel said:

the shaman of his tribe said that he would go on to do great deeds and must go on a great adventure to rid the world of evil, although later in his life, his theory was that the shaman was persuaded to get rid of him by the clan leader, that Trouzk fell in bad graces with. Trozuk figured that his adventure was meant for him to become the greatest warrior that ever lived, and he actually became quite good with the lance.

To make sure I'm following correctly,

Trouzk's clan did not want to lose face by branding him a Guwan to exile him, so they convinced the shaman to send him on a bogus quest to get rid of him, and Trouzk became a decent warrior anyway? That's pretty powerful if that is the case.

What was it that Trouzk was doing, or failing to do, that had his Clan want to get rid of him? Or was there some sort of feuding going on by conspiring siblings?

He faired well, for a simple tribal. In the end, he lost, but the kataphract was impressed with Trouzk's ability and took him in as a kataphract-hopeful.

I appreciate this. I like when a Unathi loses but the victor is impressed with the loser anyway. It is cute to see on station and in backstories like this.

On one of their adventures, they were fighting a band of pirates. Trozuk saw that his kataphract-mentor was about to be killed by a pirate with a knife, so he stabbed the pirate. . . from the back. Akxut turned to him with a questioning and possibly a bit disgusted expression, Trozuk did not get a good look from beneath his and his mentors helmet as the eyes of the kataphract soon turned into an expression of a painful grimace as a wounded pirate stabbed them through the back with an energy sword

I like this too! You really show that you are interested in the unathi honor code and want to explore it in the game.

I just have a few questions to clear up a few things:

Did he ever try to get in contact with his old Clan? And are they from anywhere in specific? Are they Wastelanders or were they in the Untouched Lands?

Did he ever find out why he was quietly exiled?

Does he still consider himself a Zo'saa (Kataphract-Hopeful) or has he abandoned that path completely?

Yup, pretty much, they didn't really specify what sort of "quest" it was, they just hoped he'd either die or just not come back.

It wasn't really Trozuk, failing to do something, sure he had his ups and downs but the main thing, is that, he was just bloody unlucky. He angered the wrong people by accident, he got in fights with the wrong people and he often had differing opinions from the chief.

No, after realising why they sent him on a quest, he considered them as cowards for not telling him in his face that they didn't want him there, and he wants nothing to do with them.

I don't really think it matters where the tribe's from, Trozuk considers that as a part of his life where he was young, stupid and naive, this, if you were to ask him where he's from, the most detail he'd go into, would be "moghes"

He never found out, but he figured it was the culmination of the stuff from my second point.

He has abandoned that path, because he believes that after what he's done, he can never become a kataphract, and also, he simply doesn't want to lead that life style anymore.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Hmmm that sounds good. Some small things to remember are that Unathi don't consider themselves tribes, they organize themselves under clans. I think that you have an interesting character concept and I will enjoy seeing you explore it in-game.

Application accepted!