Xeno gloves in Engineering

Nik

Can we have nonhuman latex gloves in Medical aswell? Its irritating to have to run all the way to tool storage and back just to wear some gloves.

You can cut gloves with a scalpel. Even EMTs have access to both in the morgue.

I also recommend using EVA over tool storage for your tool needs. Not only does it have tools, but you can pick up a bounce radio there.

Guest Menown

You people.

I made the gloves order able for a reason. Just RP with Cargo, and get your friggin' gloves. Stop cutting your supplies, or I'll code it so they don't work anybody when mangled.

No one wants to fucking order the gloves. Because cargo doesn't always exist and they should have them in the first place. That's the point, maaaaaaan. I don't want a maybe access to gloves that make sense. I'm using these for touching wires and performing surgery, they shouldn't have holes in the fingertips.

You people.

I made the gloves order able for a reason. Just RP with Cargo, and get your friggin' gloves. Stop cutting your supplies, or I'll code it so they don't work anybody when mangled.

Fun fact, the person that originally changed gloves to not fit xenos at all outright admitted it was a mistake to do so multiple times. Also, originally they DID NOT work when cut/mangled, and that was fixed within a week as it was terrible.

I don't see why NT, when they have a notable xeno workforce, wouldn't have a few pairs of gloves for them on-hand? Kind of immersion-breaking honestly. It's not unlike how businesses/schools in many parts of the modern world are required to have handicapped accessible entrances. When a good fourth to a third of your station may need specialty equipment, you generally want to keep some specialty equipment on-hand.

Two sets of gloves for xenos in each department really isn't much to ask, honestly.

I geniunely cannot grasp why the fuck people keep saying order them from cargo, when that's a variable to a thing which we need as cats and lizards. An engi without insulated gloves is just an assistant in a hardsuit. Surgery becomes a magical adventure in toxins when you don't have latex gloves.

And our solution is putting fucking holes in the things which are meant to stop the thing from getting in or out of the glove. It's like having a condom with no end because-

My point stands.

tumblr_mvfdajsomE1sbwuf0o1_400.gif