More IPC customization.

Prospekt

It'd be nice if we got more customization for IPCs like screens, antennas, etc. If someone can sprite it, It'd be awesome. A lot of IPCs look really pretty much the same to me, of course there's going to be those "but meh snowflakes!" but still it'd be nice to see a more variety of customization on an IPCs look than what we have now. I have assumptions that it'll provide more unique IPC character. Anyway if someone can get examples because I can't sprite for shit, that would be awesome.

Hm, like this?

tumblr_n75uymrn3y1qdadhro5_250.jpg

tumblr_n75uymrn3y1qdadhro2_250.jpg

Just some suggestions, for example. I personally think having TV screens attached to metallic bodies as semi-sapient robits is a little odd.

Hm, like this?

tumblr_n75uymrn3y1qdadhro5_250.jpg

tumblr_n75uymrn3y1qdadhro2_250.jpg

Just some suggestions, for example. I personally think having TV screens attached to metallic bodies as semi-sapient robits is a little odd.

Yes, you could have a massive variety of potential IPC's. Pretty much the only constant is that they're self-aware AI's in mobile chassis.

You could have differently shaped sprites, possibly, dependent upon the machine's aesthetics. It's not like there'd be all that many technical limitations on mere aesthetic appearance. Your machine's appearance could say quite a bit about who they are. Or at least, people could use it to prejudge them. Maybe you could even make some choices regarding body shape. After all, we have prosthetic limbs for humans.

I found that Aaron Beck's art was really helpful with this.

Potential Medic bot:

5cee788e8f6dd7d743a0542872777e9a.jpg

A vaguely more human-esque medic-bot with a synthskin mouth.

9232548ca95fe5395427613634529749.jpg

An obvious synthetic with a pretty convincing-looking fully expressive face, for the purposes of social interaction. This could imply an awful lot about how that machine feels about humans. Or it could simply be them attempting to more easily facilitate social interaction.

Maybe the cyborg is a budding anthropologist. Maybe it's programmed for social interaction and has something vaguely resembling a simulated sense of empathy. Or maybe it's sociopathically choosing to adopt this chassis because of the utility of manipulating facial expression in a social context when dealing with humans.

tumblr_mwsel45WoT1rfyiu4o1_500.jpg

A machine with a more utilitarian design. Just ignore that armor plate over its neck.

tumblr_mu59ilUbXP1qb4hb2o1_500.jpg

Or why have a face? Why not a camera ball?

df6aae52a59a72723961c1f08bdf44e9.jpg

What do you think?

I happen to like the premise of it, quite a bit.

It'd be a pretty big project for spriters, though, if we want to go the route of customization in line with the other races.