LynxSolstice Antagonist Ban Appeal

Posted (edited)

BYOND Key: LynxSolstice
Total Ban Length: Until Appealed
Banning staff member's Key: Owen and NobleRow
Reason of Ban: The comments made on the Discord, similar to your prior instances in LOOC which you’ve been spoken to about, are not at all acceptable to see in our players. As a result, Noble and I have decided to place a permanent antagonist ban. You may appeal this decision when you feel you are ready. 

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

image.png

Reason for Appeal:

I've made an effort to improve my OOC conduct over the last like, 4 months? I went and did some other things for a bit and only recently got back from a 3 month break, a month ago, but I've been making an effort to not uh, salt or generally be toxic over the discord and looc/ooc. I've gotten a little exasperated at points, or been a little over the top for emphasis but it's not the same as, say, the above mentioned comments, nothing to that level of salt/toxicity. Also I've talked with a few people about antag conduct, because I wasn't really sure how to shift away from treating it so "gamified" as the original ban message said on the player complaint. I've thought a bit on it, focusing too much on mechanics over aesthetics/story was where I was falling short previously. I've made an effort towards fixing that mindset by coming to that realization. Even if you have to gimp yourself, it's important for both sides (crew and antag) to give eachother chances and to not go maximum full strength all the time, and it's an antag's duty to play realistically to what their character would reasonably do. Rather than playing for the mechanics of it, without much thought to how your character would do things.

I've probably rambled enough about this stuff, and I'm going to try and explain the finer points if I'm asked about them! I hope my attempt to improve my conduct is taken into account, as well as the past month I've been spending on Aurora.

Edited by LynxSolstice
  • Like 2

Hello. @Noble Row and I have discussed this appeal and will unfortunately be declining it at this time. While you mentioned that you took about a three-month hiatus following the ban and have been attempting to improve your behavior in the month you’ve been back, we are still not uncomfortable with allowing you to antag again.

Since you’ve returned, there have been two main incidents, in particular, that give us pause. The first is the round where you joined as a tajara circus clown and arrived to the Horizon unannounced, engaging in incredibly LRP behavior such as lubing the floors and shaving heads. While I was not there to personally witness this, this behavior makes me extremely uncomfortable unbanning you. These sorts of things, whether you are an antagonist or not, should not be happening.

Additionally, you were spoken to for asking engineering to construct an unrestricted lathe in the armory at the start of a round, a behavior that borders on, if not outright constitutes, powergaming. While this is relatively minor in the grand scheme of things, it is still very much in line with the behavior that was at issue before. 

• Owen locked this topic