[CLOSED] Incident Report - 11/06/2457 - Gordon Cox

Reporting Personnel: Elizabeth Hawthorne

Rank of Reporting Personnel: Assistant

Personnel Involved: Gordon Cox (bartender)

Time of Incident: Approx 1:03pm.

Location of Incident: Bar Area

Nature of Incident: []Workplace Hazard []Accident/Injury [x]Destruction of Property []Neglect of Duty []Harassment [x]Assault []Misconduct []Other _____ (Place an x in the box that applies. If other, replace line and specify.)

Overview of the Incident:

Hello, I am writing this on behalf, Elizabeth Hawthorne.

I was in the bar, roughly at 1:03 with the commander when the bartender, Gordon Cox proceeded to smash a bottle of fine Uncle Git's Special Reserve upon my cranium. This caused me a head injury that resulted in brain damage (in which I had surgery performed onto) and my expensive uniform to be soaked (and eventually burned).

Without a pause, the bartender lit me on fire, and I was badly injured. This caused me to flail around the bar on fire as the Captain and a few other patrons in the bar tried to put me out (taking off my clothing was a part of this), and this caused me pain and embarrassment as the bartender proceeded to shoot me, and run away. The Captain was also apparently badly harmed during this incident while trying to assist me.

After work, I requested CCTV footage of the incident:

QH4R0vr.jpg

The bartender was caught and charged, however I feel that such a dangerous individual has ruined my enjoyment of coming to work. It has psychologically affected me to such a degree that I constantly fear the people around me, watching over my shoulder. My hair has been singed and will probably require expensive maintenance by a hairdresser, my uniform requires replacement, and the burn affected areas of my skin will require a dermatologist for reparation.

In this incident report, the objective is not only to bring attention to a dangerous crew member, but also a request of assistance from Nanotrasen to support legal action towards this individual; I am pushing towards financial damages reimbursement towards this person.

Did you report it to a Head of Staff or IAA? If so, who?: In this situation, none. However the Captain was present.

Additional notes: This shift, medical and security did a wonderful job at handling this situation. Please commend them.

• 2 weeks later...