SilentNight195's Server Moderator Application

Basic Information

Byond Account: SilentNight195

Character Name(s): Karen Pierce, Amber Koster, Travis Stamos, Ana Baker

AI Name(s): Silent

Preferred means of contact: Steam, Teamspeak, Skype

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time

When are you on Aurora?: About 12.00-01.00. (I'll be a bit less active in upcoming weeks due to school things.)

Experience Ex-Apollo Admin (when it had a decent population), Ex-Admin on a populous Minecraft server (that died).

How long have you played SS13?: Over a year.

How long have you played on Aurora: I've been regularly playing for a little bit over a month, however, I would hop on from time-to-time before that.

How much do you know about SS13 (Baystation build) game mechanics?: Quite a bit, but not as much as I think I know. There's been a lot of things that I didn't know, that I was almost completely sure I knew.

Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?: Yes, from Apollo.

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?: I have not.

Personality

Why do you play SS13?: I play SS13 to escape from my life and to take myself into a whole new world as a completely different person. I play SS13 so that I can be someone else for a change and doing so brings me joy. I can do so much on SS13 that I can't do in real life, and I can make so many new friends. I play SS13 for the sole fact that I can be someone else and the fact that I can control what they look like, how they act, and I love the feeling of having control of that.

Why do you play on Aurora?: I play on Aurora for the community. The community here is wonderful, and I honestly love everyone here, whether they love me or not. The players here always seem, to me, at least, to be trying their hardest to help people out and make them feel welcome. Along with the community, I'm here for the fact that Heavy Roleplay is actually enforced, which is something I was not able to find on other servers.

What do moderators do?: Moderators are here to help players out and make sure that the server isn't being chaotic. Moderators are the people that should give their all to keep the server a healthy place for all players and to deal with legitimate issues that occur in-game. Moderators are, simply put, there to moderate the server and keep it from being engulfed in flames.

What does it mean to be a moderator for our server?: Being a Moderator for Aurora is definitely more of a task than it is for some other places, due to its high playercount and the fact that it is Heavy RP. Being a mod here means you need to be able to handle your situations with care and you must be calm while taking care of them.

Why do you want to be a moderator?: I want to be a moderator for a few reasons, actually. I want to make sure that everyone on the server is happy, primarily. Doing this requires active staff to take care of ahelps and in-game issues, and there's not always staff online to take care of these issues. I want to be a moderator so that I may also help new players learn proper roleplay and game mechanics, so that they feel like they are welcome to the server. Lastly, I want to be a moderator simply to help people out. It's something I've always done, and it's something I plan to keep doing.

What qualities do you possess that would make you a good moderator?: I can tolerate other people without becoming angry with them, I consider myself to be pretty good at helping other people out, and I have a good sense of leadership. I know that I'm not the best moderator candidate out there, but I have something that some other people do not, which is determination to always do the best that I can possibly do.

How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?: Fairly well, although I will admit that sometimes I can lose my cool.

Anything Else You Want to Add:

My time on Aurora has honestly been the best experience I've had playing SS13, and I want to thank everyone, staff and the general community.

• 1 month later...