Basic Information

Byond Account: Tainavaa

Character Name(s): Tina Kaekel, Anna Lee, John Eagleton, All Intertwine, True Lemming Synthetics, etc.

AI Name(s): True Lemming Artificial Intelligence, a True Lemming Aerospace Corporation™ Artificial Intelligence (TruLemAI)

Preferred means of contact: Skype, Steam

Timezone: UTC -05:00

When are you on Aurora?: Whenever I feel like it. It's sporadic and can vary from all different times, from the middle of the night during dedhour to prime time.

Experience

How long have you played SS13?: Since mid-August, 2014.

How long have you played on Aurora: Since mid-August, 2014.

How much do you know about SS13 (Baystation build) game mechanics?:

I'm pretty much the best there ever was at medical. I'm fairly knowledgeable with combat (but by no means a guru), with a little engineering experience but rather limited. I'm very limited in science, except for R&D.

Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?: No.

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?: I've been antagonist-banned for decapitating Jason Sanders with a cult sword. It was great, and I harbor no remorse.

Personality

Why do you play SS13?:

Originally I started playing because it was the only game that could give me a good cult experience complete with sacrifices, dark gods, self-mutilation and very ominous robes. It was everything I ever wanted at the time. However now I play for the general roleplay and the hilarious antics that can ensue, good or bad.

Why do you play on Aurora?:

It was the first server I've played on so it's in my "comfort zone" and despite the terrible that can come from it, I do end up enjoying a lot of the situations that occur in a heavy roleplay environment as opposed to light-medium roleplay, where someone will murder you on sight if they don't particularly like you for any reason and it's okay. It's fun to play pretend.

What do moderators do?:

Moderators act as assistants to both the administrators and the players alike. Moderators are mediators for OOC interaction on the server and enforce the rules where applicable, seeking solutions or compromises depending on the situation.

What does it mean to be a moderator for our server?:

Being a moderator for this server is as being a proper moderator for any server. Moderators are community leaders and lead by example. They're lower level leaders, but leaders nonetheless.

Why do you want to be a moderator?:

I'm going to be really cheesy, and say I want to help. I would also like to stand on the other side of the community to better understand what the administration goes through on a day-to-day basis for my own good, and in turn, the community's. Dangerously cheesy.

What qualities do you possess that would make you a good moderator?: I like to think I'm very objective in my thinking, and empathetic as well. I'm humble, I don't allow my feelings to interfere, and I'm here to just have fun with others. That last bit I think is very important above all because in my mind, that's the purpose of the server, and to properly moderate a server its philosophy should be in the mindset of its staff.

How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?: This is difficult for me to answer, as I'm a very detached person in a few different ways. I like to think I handle anger well, because it's extremely difficult to actually make me angry. Except video games. I hate video games. For the most part I'm indifferent regardless of what's said. I also don't feel stress very often unless negative consequences are very evident and looming overhead (which has actually almost ended up very bad for me in the past in real life, so. Whether it's good or bad I guess isn't up for me to decide). Like, you can FEEL the consequences and they're speaking to you kind of evident. They're drawing on a chalkboard a very clear diagram of all the bad things that will happen to me, the dusty white chalk screeching an ear-splitting screech with each line drawn, and with each letter spelled. The consequences takes a step aside and haughtily turns to face my direction, allowing me view of the haunting black chalkboard to see what was written; what was drawn. It spells Doom.

Anything Else You Want to Add:

Words go here. Obey.

I have a mentality of leaders and people being no better than their subordinates and are just as able to be wrong. No matter the position, no matter the authority. Anyone can be wrong. Anyone can falter. However that doesn't mean that I disrespect authority. On the contrary, I very much respect the authority my superiors hold over me. In the end; even if they're wrong, even if they won't listen to me or others despite protests, if I'm told to do something whether I disagree or not, I will do it. That's not to say I'll just scream and kick when thing happens or thing is said that I don't like. For the most part I stay quiet in my disagreements or am very casual about them unless I see a blatant injustice or I think that my disagreement and reasons for disagreement may sway a decision.

• 1 month later...