Baka's IPC application

BYOND Key: bakagaijin

Character Names: Samantha/____ Mason, Allison MacRyan, Abbas El-Hasheem

Species you are applying to play: IPC

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt):

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yup

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: Simply because robots are cool, and I like our robot friends and overlords. The IPCs on Aurora seems entertaining to play, and having the chance of being an IPC thanks to the update piqued my interest in applying.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: IPCs, unlike the fleshies, require an APC to 'eat' and gain energy. They cannot suffer stun damage, nor do they have no real sense of pain. Mostly, things they "feel" are most likely emulated through their personalities. They can be as quirky as ever or the most monotonous being on the station. They also need to heal with the use of welding and wires. IPCs are factory made, and can be either replicas of a product (think Line Model), or Bespoke, IPCs with a more direct purpose. They can look like a classic TV screen creation, or they can have a "skin" to resemble different species. They are essentially 'sentient' IBMs.

Character Name: Daisy

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Daisy, a Bespoke IPC, was created to aid Dr. Kevin Declare, a retired endocrinologist living on New Gibson with daily chores. She was designed to cook, clean, and aid with Dr. Declare's deceasing health, as well as provide a source of companionship to the hermit. She was an ideal nursing IPC as she was always on standby for whatever the good doctor needed up to his demise, after losing a downhill battle with constant thromboembolism issues. Because Dr. Declare did not have any heirs to his wealth, his wealth was claimed by the city of Hengsha and Daisy was evicted from the house and forced to live on the street, stealing electricity from places such as the public library or lamp posts and idling in refrigerator boxes in the alleyways until dawn.

During those harsh three months, Daisy had been looking for work in different health care related fields, but was constantly getting denied due to her weird, bubbly personality and quirky bedside manners. Hearing there was a job fair on Biesel, Daisy buys a ticket with the last of her credits, leaves New Gibson, and heads over for one last chance at redemption as a nurse. She was eventually interviewed, hired, and picked up by NanoTrasen to work aboard the NSS Aurora as a nurse for the medical bay.

What do you like about this character?

I like the idea of a nursing character that smothers and loves her patients with cold, icy arms while trying to emulate a warm heart.

How would you rate your role-playing ability?

Personally I think I am okay, but throughout the 13 years of roleplaying I think I vastly improved.

Notes:

I don't know what to say about Baka, I enjoy Sam immensely, they're fun to play with, even if I haven't met any of her/his other characters. However, Baka, I think you filled out one section wrong. Where it asks to identify what makes IPC's different, its meant whats different about roleplaying, you just listed the racial advantages and disadvantages.