GlamourChariot Reapplication

Basic Information

Byond Account: GlamourChariot

Character Name(s): Alysa Mills, Zinaida Langford

AI Name(s): N/A

Preferred means of contact: Skype

Timezone: UTC +10, Australia

When are you on Aurora?:

As before my lengthy absence, I will be around mostly during the dead hours of the server as well as throughout the day as my free time permits.

Experience

How long have you played SS13?: A year and a bit

How long have you played on Aurora: Also a year and a bit

How much do you know about SS13 (Baystation build) game mechanics?:

A fair amount. Capable of playing just about any mechanically demanding job on the station, including all of science and engineering.

Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?:

I have moderated on Aurora for about a year before my demotion due to inactivity.

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?:

N/A

Personality

Why do you play SS13?:

I enjoy the stories that are created and shared by the community, learning the quirks of characters and developing relationships with them as I strive to usher my characters as close to being real people as is possible. The science fiction setting, the aliens, and all of the goofy extras the game has packed in really give it a charm that not even dead serious RP can kill.

Why do you play on Aurora?:

I began SS13 on Aurora and haven't played on any other server since I started, it is what introduced me to a roleplaying medium I adore and I've had no reason to leave thus far. I've met a lot of great people on this server, and while it's had its ups and down I still want nothing more than to assist in furthering the well being of the community and the server as a whole.

What do moderators do?:

Moderators exist to deal with griefers, new players needing help and just about anything else requiring enough power to police without holding the ability to completely change the rules of the server. Their duty is to protect the civil roleplaying environment expected of the server, dealing with troublesome individuals as needed while striving to appear as role models for the regular denizens. Enforce rules, help those in need.

What does it mean to be a moderator for our server?:

As a moderator you should be willing and able to forgo your own roleplaying experience to ensure that of the rest of the server is kept to a standard that maintains the entertainment value of the game for those playing it. This means talking to people causing issues in OOC, helping new players that don't understand why beating someone over the head with a toolbox is wrong, and helping old players that don't understand why beating someone over the head with a toolbox is wrong.

Why do you want to be a moderator?:

Having moderated on the Aurora for around a year I've noticed that I far more enjoy watching from the sidelines while keeping the environment clear of any unneeded toxicity, dealing with griefers and talking to other staff about issues on the server are effectively what I came to enjoy the game for even more so than the aforementioned enjoyable roleplaying.

In the end, I just really enjoy helping people, and as a moderator it is your duty to help people.

What qualities do you possess that would make you a good moderator?:

I am calm, refuse to make assumptions without ample proof, always try to get every side of the story and am quite open minded. On more than one occasion I have thought myself stalwart on an opinion only to be given more information, taking it into account and moving my stance as necessary. I feel my drive to help others assists my dedication to the job, and I often dealt with individuals causing trouble that other staff felt iffy about touching in my previous time as a moderator.

How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?:

With ease. I find it quite easy to keep a calm head and think logically in situations even where I am bombarded with insults and negativity, trying to find the best possible solution to a problem without taking to heart whatever the situation may be. I still hold true to my belief that if you respond to negativity with more negativity, the cycle will only go on. I always aim to break that cycle.

Anything Else You Want to Add:

With love, ;:v

You really didn't come around when you were a mod, you just dropped off the face of the planet leaving us to find other people to take over for dead hour, which in turn made Doomberg drop you in the first place. I would be more incline to give this a yes if you actually stayed around and play.

Given the nature of what caused my disappearance I didn't know I'd be gone so long and didn't want to make a big deal about not being around like some people seem to feel the need to, but you aren't wrong, I definitely should have at least mentioned it to someone higher up in the staff; I don't mind admitting that.

• 2 weeks later...