[Denied] Nanotrasen Inter-corporate Contractual Program

I'll keep it simple. You can list a faction you work for as competing industries such as Hephaestus Industries (which is misspelled a lot) or Zeng-hu Pharmaceuticals, but i'm not aware of any reason for why I can be helping these guys and Nanotrasen.

I usually write that the employee is just part of a kind of "foreign exchange worker program" and go from there, but I always get paranoid that i'll get called out OOC for being some loyal Hephaestus Engineer that works on a NT station.

So is it amiable to canonize that Nanotrasen establishes collaborative employee exchange contracts like some kind of fucked up interstellar corporate football draft? And if this is already a thing can I be directed to a sauce so I can learn myself up on it?

I'll keep it simple. You can list a faction you work for as competing industries such as Hephaestus Industries (which is misspelled a lot) or Zeng-hu Pharmaceuticals, but i'm not aware of any reason for why I can be helping these guys and Nanotrasen.

I usually write that the employee is just part of a kind of "foreign exchange worker program" and go from there, but I always get paranoid that i'll get called out OOC for being some loyal Hephaestus Engineer that works on a NT station.

So is it amiable to canonize that Nanotrasen establishes collaborative employee exchange contracts like some kind of fucked up interstellar corporate football draft? And if this is already a thing can I be directed to a sauce so I can learn myself up on it?

• 2 months later...

I like the concept, but unfortunately I can't see it being implemented for two reasons:

One, Aurora's a Research station. Unless we change it to be a more general production station (it's been suggested, and while I'm completely FOR the concept there's been quite a lot of vocal opposition against it), there's going to be security risks so massive in research data leaks that it makes no sense to allow it.

Two, it makes the legality of things a bit more complicated, without mentioning DO action being even tougher to look into. Everyone being part of NanoTrasen makes it simple: if it's against company policy, DOs can act upon it. If it's actively illegal, security and Biesel law deal with it.

But with other companies? It would stir some corporate political shitstorms, DOs wouldn't be as effective on these people as they aren't actually NT employees, and the liability of any legal accidents would be harder to separate: does it befall on NT or the company whose employee it is to deal with it? And so on.

Lorewise, NanoTrasen has worked with Zeng-Hu Pharmaceuticals on projects before, as well as other companies. I used to have a character that was originally a Senior Security Consultant for Zeng-Hu and was on a cross-training thing with NT, and thus was serving as a Head of Security on Aurora, before he decided to permanently work for NT.

Worked on projects, yes. But I'm not sure if there's a precedent on NT accepting extracorporate employees.

And there's the question of whether or not this is relevant without code changes. If it's not, I'll move it to the Suggestions and Ideas subforum. If it is, it'll need more discussion and fleshing out.

• 10 months later...

This is very old. I'm just doing autumn cleaning, but I figure bumping this particular subject might allow us to clarify something important and give a long-awaited answer to this particular question:

No, NanoTrasen doesn't offer joint-employment contracts. Too much risk for incidents relating to espionage. It's fine to have worked at some point at another company, but it's against local Republic of Biesel law to be employed with (or own) multiple corporations operating in the same sector.