Reduce IPC chemical storage

Lady_of_Ravens

It mostly stems from the fact that it used to be a remnant of code from being a species.

Anyhow - if you think about it, it also makes sense. If you've ever held a large beaker, it can easily hold a litre. Four to six litres of chemical storage is, realistically, not that big - if anything, what needs to be changed is the scale of the chemicals - because as it stands, while 4000 volume isn't that big, 4000 chemical is pretty much enough to heal/destroy a small village.

According to surgery code, the groin includes the abdomen as well (as you can remove the liver and kidneys from there).

BUT THAT ASIDE, in the groin of a creature that has no bladder and only very minimal bone structure, I can EASILY see 2 2-liter bottles fit in the general region defined as where the hipbones would be. Throw in space optimization, and you could easily throw a litre or two extra in there, even accounting for fist-sized servo-actuators. That is, of course, assuming for what I consider a medium-sized IPC (5'9", 3ft hip and shoulder width, ~14 inch hip and shoulder depth - for the metrics out there, that would be ~1.6m tall, 80-100cm hip/shoulder width, ~35cm hip/shoulder depth) in accordance with average human size. Results may vary if you use different standards.

Point is, this suggestion depends on realism vs balance. Is it unbalanced? Not really - sure, they have 4000 units of storage, but can't store acids and can only take them out 5/15 units at a time (depending on if you count per action or per item of extraction).

You can't really make yourself into a smoke grenade because IIRC the maximum amount of reactant you can consume is 10 (with a bottle), and at that point I think the chemical containment reacts like a grenade and clears itself. It's more of a scenario where they can carry large amount of dylovene/dexalin/so on.

Yes, I know the groin is the abdomen too... but even so, 4 liters of volume is a lot to commit to a system which is only sorta useful, and IPCs don't seem to have a lot of spare space for superfluous frills. So ICly it makes no sense... OOCly it's an insane amount of storage balanced only by the fact that it's such a pain to use. A 300ml storage container is far more realistic and nearly as useful for loading up with tricord or whatever.