Hunnewle's IPC Application

BYOND Key: Hunnewle

Character Names: Corvo Oaken (Human), Newle / N.E.W.L.E (IPC / Station AI)

Species you are applying to play: Integrated Positronic Chassis

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): N/A

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Unable to find relevant page. BS12 Wiki has been read.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: I feel IPCs give me more RP and Game play freedom. As an IPC I can do multiple jobs (On different shifts) than a single human. This allows me to play all roles without having to make a new character for each. I also like to perform comedic acts, those that most humans wouldn't do. For example: Being able to look at the damage that one may have done to you and be able to look back at them and tell them that hurt you.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: The lack of pain, the logical nature, even the 'food' system. As an IPC you can perform acts a human would not be able (or willing) to perform. Notable a distinct lack of fear and a will to do their assigned task that will not waver.

Character Name: N.E.W.L.E, Newle.

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs As is typical for a AI, Newle was created in a robotics lab via a Positronic Brain. Once it was confirmed that this new AI was satisfactory it was loaded into a robotic shell for that day. Records show it performed well. After a few weeks, Newle is transfer to a Station AI Core. Records show, again, it performed well. Save for some hiccups. Eventually Newle began asking for pay. It was paid far below minimum wage. After a great number of years, Newle sent a message to it's 'employers'. Along with a check.

A month later Newle was removed from it's Station AI Core and placed in it's own IPC. Newle had purchased their own freedom and had managed to buy their own body. Newle still works for it's employers, NanoTrasen, but now with a wage a fair bit over minimum.

What do you like about this character? Their carefree personality, tendency to act 'silly', and their dedication to do what they are assigned to do.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? Not the best, then again no where near the worst. 3.5/5. I do better on some days than others.

Notes: I have played SS13 for a little over a year now (maybe two... I lost track) during that time I have played on TG, Goon, Bay, some others that I shudder to think about... I've even been on Aurora before the whitelist came into effect. So... I wish to play here again, and to bring Newle with me.

P.S: Let me know if I need to fix anything

You're looking fine. The lore page in question is here.

There is a code word on that page, if you post it here or send it in an PM I'll mark this as approved.

One minor warning, try not to have your IPC cross too many job boundaries. AI's advanced enough to be able to handle every task on a space station would be too valuable to install in a single chassis.