An Idea To Toy With Genetics

Skull132

I thought I posted here earlier, guess not, so I thought Id drop this here like I wanted to do before. Just, an alternative to what we had, now that genetics is kill.

What you propose in that post is an interesting idea. It's a shame it didn't see much attention. You could viably bring in interdepartmental communication and RP to not only Cargo, but Xenobiology, Toxins, Kitchen, Telescience and Engineering as well.

Cargo: to send the modifications back to Central (and unlock the ability to purchase more specimens/samples via Cargo)

Xenobiology: to gather specimen samples from the current world, process and ship to Genetics, and then to study/catalogue any new creatures created

Toxins: to process any creatures that may end up producing harmful substances and to research if any of them can be weaponized

Kitchen: Who doesn't want a chicken with more wings and drummies?

Telescience: Damn that Bluespace Carp! How the hell does it teleport through walls? See if a Telly and Genny team can unravel the mystery!

Engineering: Do any of these creatures produce chemicals that would be useful on station? Only one real way to find out. Set them up with Engineering and start testing!