Garbage's Dionaea Application

BYOND Key: FrenziedVorcha

Character Names: A.R.C, Ka'Viax'Niir Va'Nik, Isaiah Richter

Species you are applying to play: Dionaea

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): Exempt

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: Plants fascinate me, almost as much as insect biology, for example above 10 feet trees must create enough pressure inside of themselves to make "negative atmospheres" able to push water up past the vascular vacuum. While the Dionaea aren't truly either plants or animals, they're definitely more foliage in appearance than meat. They're interesting, definitely inquisitive. If anything I'd say the closest species to a Diona I've seen are the Salarians with their natural intellect and rapid information processing, though contrasted by the stark differences in speed.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: The pacing. Dionaea are slow compared to humans, physically slow that is. They're less jack of all trades and more refined tools. They aren't suitable for combat, but excel in all other fields depending on their origin or even just who they integrate with. They're almost childlike with how inquisitive they are where you might see Humans as "haggard" by their cumulative experiences. They've got aspects that appeal to all races more than the aspects that cause mistrust, such as their mythological characteristics and the nature of their intelligence overpowering the darkness that is their assimilation of corpses.

Character Name: The Shard Capturing The Stars

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs "Born" On the DSS Ophion, from the start The Shard Capturing The Stars was inquisitive, albeit more reclusive and methodical than others of their kind. Shard had an affinity for destructive and analytical sciences over medical applications. Preferring to study archaeological sites and toxins rather than chemistry and surgery. That's not to say they weren't competent at either, but would prefer to fill them as needed rather than as wanted. Like many of their kind Shard had an immense desire to accumulate as much information as possible, unfortunately their curiosity reached a point of trouble when caught performing exploratory surgeries on conscious patients to get feedback on the reactions and feelings they experienced.

Despite this red spot on their record, Shard was hired by Nanotreson as a scientist and an outpost paramedic. Understandably, like other Ophion-originated Dionaea Shard was placed under close scrutiny in the events of possible hostility, with good reasoning given their past experience. No more red flags were given around Shard's work ethic due to the constant feed of information provided by their schedule, and possibly the fact that as a paramedic they got to operate without anesthetic more often than not.

What do you like about this character? The inquisitive nature of a Dionaea that Shard possesses, while having a contrasting attitude compared to other Aurora Dionaea thanks to the methodical and sometimes cold nature of Ophion Dionaea. It's a change of pace from Vaurca with more emotion allowed while still enforcing the rigid working mechanisms.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? 5/10. I've been doing it for a while and like to think I'm at least competent.

Notes: