Funeral rites/procedures for different species

I looked briefly on the Unathi main and religion page, and could not find anything relating to funerals. I don't know if I've just missed something, but...

What would the average funeral be like for an Unathi - and if the station of the Unathi changes that, how so?

I'll also extend this question to other species as well, considering after more brief checks I'm not seeing anything on the topic.

"You shalt not defile the body of one who now rests in Messa's Forever." Is one of the 'Ten Commandments' of the cats. Basically, when they die, their souls flee their body, and become one with the Goddess of Death, Messa. Things like cannibalism, harvesting organs, blood, etc is highly taboo for people who follow S'rand'marr. Beside that, a funeral is just being buried, in soil, or under snow and ice if the ground is too frozen solid.

Please note that this is subject to repeal from the current Taj Loremin, Mofo, Im only coming in here to say this since I wrote the bulk of the religion lore for S'Rand'marr.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

I've added information to the special unathi religion page.

The gist for Unathi is that you cauterize and seal all the wounds, dress the body, then hold a viewing and talk about what a cool person they were in life, so that their ghost feels loved and can pass to the spirit world. If you deface or mistreat a corpse then the spirit can become pissy and remain trapped in the material realm and cause mischief.

Or, if you are absolutely pressed for time, just speak to the spirit of the body while next to the body and assure it you'll treat the body well and encourage it safe travels to the spirit realm.