Jackboot's Dicklizard App

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Guest Marlon Phoenix

BYOND Key: Jackboot

Character Names:

Mishka Tepes, Greg Ryan, Muhammad Hamil, Richard Peterson, Constantine Augustus, Houssam Jawdat, Buthaynah Jawdat Ahmad Farsi, Akela Fathiyya, Yasif Gafar

How long have you been playing on Aurora:

Since last summer. (You know what I did)

Species you are applying to play:

Human Unathi

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt):

This

http://puu.sh/dXjMb/2ab597644d.png

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes!

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

ok

Why do you wish to play this specific race:

The Unathi have some of the most interesting lore that I've seen. Their culture and social construct really grab me, and I've seen a lot of good RP and dialogue coming from well played Unathi characters. I'm interested in joining this sub-community myself with my own Unathi, and seeing if I can successfully play the rather subtle (or glaring) cultural and social aspects of a Unathi character.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:

They're giant armadillo lizards for one, with plates covering their body that provide protection against the elements and the spear of an angry rival trying to skewer them. They also have fuck-off claws, which they use to slash the enemy to death. Culturally and socially, they're super different. They're an extremely agrarian society social-wise, with stratification glaringly evident. Women are regulated to the status of property, to be bartered and used as political assets in a way familiar to European nobility from antiquity.

Why does this species in particular hold your interest?

This is sort of a repeat of the previous "why do you wanna play this race" question. They've got an interesting social structure and sense of personal honour/pride that I've enjoyed seeing more of. Their lore is interesting and I've found myself getting more involved in it, and will be bugging Pump about all sorts of things I think would be super groovy to put in there. They remind me of my own little culture I've crafted on the roleplaying site Nationstates; except they're 8 foot tall lizard men instead of 6 foot tall slavic men. But yeh, I believe them to be extremely entertaining from an RP perspective and I wanna get in on that and see how well I can create roleplay with my own unathi character.

Character Name:

Siraisirot Uaekis

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Siraisirot was part of the Uaekis clan growing up, and was raised alongside his hatch brother Isilithai on Moghes. As he grew older, his clan began wondering about when he would seek a bride, and would start pressuring him to approach a clan leader or alpha about acquiring a female. As time wore on, he felt more and more pressure to get a lady. Shortly before Isilithai's self-imposes Gawandi, he was confronted about his apparently lack of desire to acquire a mate. The confrontation turned into an extremely hostile and heated argument, with Siraisirot nearly attacking his father. In the end, he was banished from the clan and left Moghes with little in the way of wealth or belongings.

He moved to Biesel and started working in a mechanic shop maintaining shuttles, cars, appliances, or other things. Showing a knack for machines, he managed to work up enough money to go to a community college, where he applied for and successfully gained a Nanotrasen(?) scholarship, allowing him to continue his education until he gained a bachelors in engineering. After that, he applied to work for Nanotrasen, taking the NanoTrasen Engineering Aptitude Test. He failed originally, retaking it a few months later and successfully completing it with a passing grade. Now he works as an Engineer for Nanotrasen while he continues his schooling, attempting to gain a masters in engineering to allow him to eventually work in robotics.

What do you like about this character?

Siraisirot is both a follower and an outcast of Unathi culture and its trappings. He himself is shafted by the strict lifestyle of his homeworld, but still follows proper unathi conduct because despite his banishment he feels that he is still a proud member of the Uaekis clan. He's also a bit different from the typical dicklizard; he's an engineer, and wants to build robots, where other unathi would typically be in security to beat criminal scum to a pulp. I've slowly found a love of roleplaying this type of person, and a good parallel might be Buthaynah and Houssam mixed together.

How would you rate your role-playing ability?

This is a hard question because I can answer it good naturedly and sound like I'm not taking it seriously, or answer it seriously and risk sounding pretentious. Anywho; pretty good, I think. I make judgement mistakes sometimes, but I like to think that I'm a good writer and can roleplay good characters that people enjoy.

Notes: no