Thealienhasheightenedsenses's Unathi Application

BYOND Key: thealienhasheightenedsenses

Character Names: Sarnai Toqto'a, Ambroise Karling, Horus Aritza

How long have you been playing on Aurora: About a month now

Species you are applying to play: Unathi

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): Light Gray

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes!

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: From what I've read on the Unathi, they are a very interesting species with an interesting, honor based culture, much like the Klingons of Star Trek or the Sangheili from Halo. I feel it would be very intriguing to play as a character who would put their life in the line of danger if it meant preserving their honor. It would also be an experience to change from my typically quite casual mannered characters to one who holds themselves and speaks in a more imposing and respectful manner, i.e referring to people by their last name or occupation rather than their first name or nickname.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: As I said above, holding a much more strict manner than that of the average human. Also, as an Unathi, one would be very weary of even mildly cold environments, but very accepting of those that are warm, like a kitchen, furnace, or plasma laboratory.

Why does this species in particular hold your interest? I've been fascinated with them since I've seen people playing them. That, and playing a big, bulky, lizard creature sounds pretty fun.

Character Name: Is'e E'osse

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs As a young Unathi, Is'e E'osse was deemed fit enough to serve in the military of his clan on Moghes. Is'e historically had a knowledge of medicine and psychology, so he was placed as his unit's combat medic. Not but a year after his enlistment, war broke out between his clan and another particularly large and powerful clan. They were northerners, ones that did not adhere to the equator code of combat- they used guns, Is'e's clan used melee weapons and arts. As such, Is'e learned very quickly how nasty a shot from a laser rifle or an electron accelerator could be.

Due to his service as a combat medic, Is'e knows well how to treat all varieties of wounds, from toxins (learned from chemical weapons experience) to burns (from experience with laser weaponry). He survived all of his deployments, but at a cost. While infiltrating an enemy installation, a laser beam refracted off of a mirroring surface practically destroyed his eyes. While he spent a good year or two of his life blind, he now has almost natural looking prosthetic eyes, though they occasionally flash different colours than they're supposed to be. Now out of the field of combat, he adheres to an almost pacifistic code, though it can be broken if needed. He is a hulking giant, standing at around 7'4, though he is a gentle giant. Most of the time.

What do you like about this character? I like the fact that he's a hulking lizard with combat experience, but afraid to show it. I like his "gentle giant" characteristics, and the fact that he is a friendly, if a bit gruff and intimidating Unathi.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? Good, 9.5/10.

Notes: