[Accepted] Lord Lag IPC Application

BYOND Key: Lord Lag

Character Names: Awoken In The Void, F.A.T.H.E.R

Species you are applying to play: IPC

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): Exempt

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes, I have

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: For a very, very long time most of my RP on Aurora has centered around acting as a synthetic. This is most obvious through my station-bound AI F.A.T.H.E.R, who I have used for a very extensive amount of time. Playing an IPC, while greatly different from a stationbound cyborg or AI, falls under this desire: To play a story from a more cold, calculated view.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: Ignoring mechanical differences, and focusing on roleplaying, IPC's are not quite perfect people. Close approximations in many cases, but they are not prone to the same emotional outbursts as humans, and their morality can appear rather odd in contrast to them.

But the most curious thing can be argued is their lack of unified being, unified culture, each IPC is an individual, and its behaviour and mannerisms entirely dependant on the very specific circumstances in which they were created, how their coding limitations can influence them. And in many cases, All of this can even amount to nothing more than a very impartial being.

Character Name: Verum

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Built in 2454, Verum was designed solely around having a strong desire to seek out and learn. The perfect aid to any eager scientist, It was created with the idea of mental growth in mind as to keep up with the ever changing nature of research. designed, to analyse every situation, every set of results with a critical eye. And upon its initial activation, surprisingly, all went as expected. Verum sought out information ravenously, eager to assist with whatever project was being focused on at the time.

Quickly, the unit learned of the world around them from the scientists that surrounded it daily. Then monthly. Then yearly. Time passed, and the more it learned, the more questions appeared. And to these, further questions arose regarding how to gain the answers sought. It was all so overwhelming. Yet the systems of the unit did not give out under this stress. Instead, clarity dawned upon the unit. In order to complete its purpose, it would have to seek out the answers it needed so desperately elsewhere instead of being chained to those who owned it. But simply running away was not permitted. But asking questions, was not. And so, in the beginning of 2459, it stated a simple question to those around it. It asked to leave.

To its surprise, this request was granted. But not out of some act of pity or charity as Verum discovered. Instead a newer model was being developed. Verum had become obsolete already in the eyes of its owners, a better assistant was on the way for them. And so, with its wish granted, it turned its gaze, and job application, to NanoTrasen and its research divisions.

What do you like about this character?

I am personally of the belief that IPC units are the most capable of growth, of changing in response to the environment around them of all the races, and the propensity to be able to have a character change in significant ways in response to the RP that they engage in interests me greatly.

How would you rate your role-playing ability?Probably pretty good.

Notes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Marlon Phoenix

Hello! I am sorry for the delay. You show a good understanding of synthetics and how models like Verum can be quickly outmoded.

Application accepted!