[Accepted] Simon_The_Miner's Server Moderator Application

Server Moderator Application

Basic Information

Byond Account: Simon_the_Miner

Character Name(s): Nikit Vasili, Taps, B.I.R.D, Tamir Hanar, Mason Birro,

AI Name(s): N/A

Discord username + tag: @SampleTex#1892

Timezone: GMT-6

When are you on Aurora?: Typically any time after 3 pm to midnight, most days except Sunday

Experience

How long have you played SS13?: Since early march of 2018, so almost a year and a half

How long have you played on Aurora: Aurora has been my first server and my only consistent one, so the same time Ive been playing ss13

How much do you know about SS13 (Baystation build) game mechanics?: I can do just about any job in any department at an average or above average level at the least. 

Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?: No I do not

Have you read through the criteria thread; https://forums.aurorastation.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4198 - and believe that you mark off all the criteria?: Yes, I believe I will be able meet this criteria

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?: Never been banned.

Personality

Why do you play SS13?: I enjoy the roleplay and the community, and have made some great friends here

Why do you play on Aurora?: It was my introductory server and the one I am most familiar/comfortable with. I enjoy the community as well.

What do moderators do?: They assist admins and help keep the server running/help enforce rules. You also assist newer players get the hang of things and in general assist the community 

What does it mean to be a moderator for our server?: It means helping the community enjoy playing here, supporting new players, and helping rounds go smoothly. You are both a guide and an assistant for the server essentially.

Why do you want to be a moderator?: Similar reason I got my head of staff whitelist, I want to contribute to the community and know nothing about programming.

What qualities do you possess that would make you a good moderator?: A love for the community, the game, a drive to help the server, and 2+ years work experience with helping/working with people in the real world.

How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?: I do not easily stress or get angry. I will normally ignore insults or ask the person to stop politely. If I find myself stressed or angry I will ask for assistance/someone else to take over appropriately dependent on the situation.

Anything Else You Want to Add: I'm never afraid to ask for help, and always willing to learn something new.

I've been on the receiving end now of an ahelp from Simon. 

They handle it really well and communicate clearly what the issue is, as well as listens to the other side of the story really well. They were calm, clear and effective and that's really what I like to see in a mod from a players perspective.

• 1 month later...