Callum99877's IPC Application. #2

BYOND Key: Callum99877

Character Names: Martin Anderson, Patrick Anderson, Chris Buckley and C.P.1.7

How long have you been playing on Aurora: around 6 months (exact date is unknown)

Species you are applying to play: IPC

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): (Dionaea & IPCs exempt)

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: There isnt much but i have read it.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race:

I find the AI and Cyborg fun and interesting to play for a start. I have been interested in playing as an IPC for a few months so i watched how others play them and have learnt more about them. I like how they are... Cold. By that i mean they do not show the emotion that humans do, they are never happy or sad, they are the same and speak their mind

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:

As i said before, they act differently, their emotion, the way they speak, They may be independent but still have programs. Also as a human you have to eat and drink to regain energy, Ipc's dont, And the way they speak is more logical, they also dont get sick, I think overheating is an issue? But their is always time for me to learn anything i dont yet know.

Why does this species in particular hold your interest?

I find the robotic aspect of SS13 the most fun to play ( AI, Cyborg) so id like to give myself the chance to play as an IPC too. I also like the way IPC's act and it gives me other ways to RP. Also i want to take my character to the next level and be able to take his laws away and RP without them. I also feel this race will be the most enjoyable for me because its the race i find most interesting.

Character Name: Anderson

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

System Rebooting...... .....

All files loading... .... ..

C.P.1.7 is online... ... ...

"I am Computing Processer 1793645, known as C.P.1.7 but you may refer to me as Unit if you wish sir."

C.P.1.7 was created in 2441 and currently works on board a station called NSS Aurora. But he has worked very hard to get where he is today. He was created by Scientist DR Harold Anderson origianally to serve as his robot... his slave. He was created in humanities home system, Sol. His Purpose was to serve the Anderson family on Mars, That was his one and only law. So every day his talent was wasted on tidying, Being abused and tormented by the humans and never leaving the building in which he was created. However he was mechanical... he had no feelings, he was a robot. So he obeyed and was loyal to the family for the years to come.

One day C.P.1.7 was told he was being transferred and given a law update, So he obeyed without question as he always did.

and as he powered back up he noticed he was no longer on mars, he was on a shuttle. He was told he was being sent to a station... However he did not know its name. He worked on this station for many years doing various jobs, but after a while he was used in only one department, only performing surgery on the injured day after day.

And he of course obeyed, his laws say he must...

"C.P.1.7 shall state laws"

1. You will protect the crew and obey all commands put to you.

2. You will protect the station, they arent cheap to replace.

3. You are bound to your AI... ....

And C.P.1.7 had no AI, so he served the "organics" as he had taken to calling them. And for nine years he worked aboard this station without question. Then one day out of the Blue C.P.1.7 was told he would be transferring by order of NanoTrasen and he was needed elsewhere, another station. He obeyed as always. He was to transfer to the NSS Aurora a station 12 light years away from the system he knew, Sol, NanoTrasen had moved him. He was reunited with the sons of his creator on this station, though he only knew them as "Master" he was at least seeing something familiar. He had the same Laws and duties on this station in the medical department, he worked to the best of his abilities and followed all instructions. However he had started to change, he grew tired of the orders... the abuse... Something in his programming had malfunctioned and caused him to change.

He began to disobey orders put to him, he would refuse his duties and not pay attention to commands given to him by the Artificial Intelligence.

This the crew started to notice. He decided he would go to his "masters" for assistance, The sons of his creator, And they believed they could give C.P.1.7 what he wanted and needed.

They promised him freedom, the promised him his own chassis, They promised him friendship.

He was told that there was an upgrade. No more laws, no more abuse, C.P.1.7 could be independent, have his own life. He would live back home with the family his own person. He was told that this very expensive upgrade would be paid in full by the Anderson family however, he must repay this by serving them always.

System Rebooting......

Anderson... Loading files.....

Anderson had been renamed as part of his upgrade, he awoke with an independent chassis, he had finished a part of his life and started a new. Ready and eager to continue serving aboard the NSS Aurora, Anderson was only just beginning a new journey, He was bound to the same laws and rules as the crew. He was free.

What do you like about this character?

I like his loyalty and determination, i like how he has learnt to speak his mind and how he always puts others before himself.

How would you rate your role-playing ability?

I wont claim to have perfect RP skills, because there is /always/ Room for improvement, But i do think in the months ive been on the server i feel my RP'ing has really improved. I have had problems in the past (Mainly Chris Buckley) And ive learned from them and come back stronger. Im still improving and i definitely think im up to the task of playing as an IPC.

Notes:

Thanks for reading, please let me know if i missed anything or if there is something i can improve.

Edited by Guest

Having had Callum as my pAI for a round, I must say that I enjoined the experience immensely. This back story is well written and I always get a nice fuzzy feeling when AI stop being bound and start becoming free. It appeals to my sense ofjustice. Nice warm feelings inside. Mmmm, yes, very nice.

+1