MoonTruthers ban appeal

BYOND Key: MoonTruther

Total Ban Length: pernma

Banning staff member's Key: drwago

Reason of Ban: Capture.PNG.17184a3db4438443f494e398a5f2afdd.PNG

First of all, i want to explain why i tried lied in the first place. And why it was a stupid thing to do with foresight  I felt like i was already on thin ice, and for some reason i thought that the slight chance that i could get away with what i did was better than the ''fact'' that i was being banned. I put fact in quotations because if i told the truth, and i was genuinely sorry for what i did, i MIGHT of got a warning, or a note, or even a temporary ban. Either way it was a dumb decision, after an equally dumb action. Lying has never worked before in my experiences as a person, why did i think it would work here? i have no idea. It won't happen again because lying is generally a bad idea in all walks of life.

Second of all, running over a crew member was a bad move. like a really bad move. I didn't think it was a thing, and i tried to get somebody to lay down so i can test it, and like anybody else would say, they said no. So when they ended up on the floor, for one reason or another, i decided to test it without their permission, and well, they got ran over, i'm not sure what i was expecting. The first time should of been the end of it, however i did it again, after moving forward and then turning around. Dick move, to do it once. Even worse to do it twice.

My punishment was very fair despite me attempting to lie about what happened when i was first contacted. I cannot say (without lying) that i won't ever get banned again, even if it's a temporary ban. I've noticed a pattern, where i behave after my ban has been lifted and then i slowly, but surely start to push the boundary's until i step over it, and get a ban, or warning, then i behave again for a while. While it's not an excuse i think its due to my willingness to play the game for hours on end, every day. I believe i start to get bored, and i try to amuse myself at other players expenses. To test my theory. i plan on limiting my time on byond (and my computer in general, for personal reasons.) So hopefully i can have enough of a break in-between sessions so i don't get bored, and start messing about. This would hopefully let me avoid getting bans, and possibly even warnings. This would allow me to play the game, on one of the major HRP Severs, without being a pain to the staff team or the community, so all sides should be happy. Hopefully this reflection on my behavior as a player, alongside my habits will let everybody be happy with the state of things.

I will be posting this before i go to bed, hopefully that isn't an issue.

Edited by MoonTruther
10 hours ago, DRagO said:

Im going to keep this short and blunt. This is about the fourth perm ban you have on record, why should I lift this if you still can't prove definitively you will behave?

I've noticed a pattern, where i behave after my ban has been lifted and then i slowly, but surely start to push the boundary's until i step over it, and get a ban, or warning, then i behave again for a while. While it's not an excuse i think its due to my willingness to play the game for hours on end, every day. I believe i start to get bored, and i try to amuse myself at other players expenses. To test my theory. i plan on limiting my time on byond (and my computer in general, for personal reasons.)

That quote above, is my plan to keep myself un-banned. By playing less, and not getting bored of the general drama of rounds, i believe i can behave and enjoy rounds for what they are. And i won't feel the need to push the rules.

12 minutes ago, MoonTruther said:

That quote above, is my plan to keep myself un-banned. By playing less, and not getting bored of the general drama of rounds, i believe i can behave and enjoy rounds for what they are. And i won't feel the need to push the rules.

Yeah no, I am denying this. If you can't play and not push the rules or boundreys and actively can't show you have improved, this will stay denied. I will be denying any future appeals until you can actually prove you you have improved. Currently you have wasted your chances for the most part and I have zero faith currently that if I unban you that you will stay unbanned.

Denied

2 hours ago, DRagO said:

Yeah no, I am denying this. If you can't play and not push the rules or boundreys and actively can't show you have improved, this will stay denied. I will be denying any future appeals until you can actually prove you you have improved. Currently you have wasted your chances for the most part and I have zero faith currently that if I unban you that you will stay unbanned.

Denied

Okay then. See you around Christmas time.