DattMuffinMan's Head whitelist App.

Application for Head of Staff access.

BYOND key: Dattmuffinman

Character names: Anderson Bane, Greg Thasslethain, Reyonld Sylveste, N.F.I.(AI), Carson Tallheart, Orion Vanbraun, Shep Teller, Eric Drake.

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: A month

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?: I have as of late been in Head roles during emergencies, from Chief of Engineering, to acting HoS. Finding myself enjoying the positions, especially when I keep the station together from falling apart.

Why did you come to Aurora?:I enjoy stories, I enjoy living stories more. Roleplay is one of my favorite past times.

Have you read the BS12 wiki on the head roles you plan on playing?:Yes

Please provide well articulated and argument-ed answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about:[/bRoleplay is an immersion into another place, another time. Suspension of reality, and embracing another one. Allowing you to play the Hero or the Villain, the Martyr or the coward. And enjoy your time with other players.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?: To first manage, and organize their department. To communicate with other heads in collaboration. To solve any crisis, and assist civilians in need. To provide advice, and even mentor new players.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?: I think myself, that responsibilities of whitelisted members is to uphold quality of roleplay, and restraint of power. To avoid meta-gaming, and try to engage others into the atmosphere of Aurora.

To strive to uphold such principles, I will never break character, never meta-game, and engage players in deep role-play. As head I will create Rps and events when a crisis isn't about. Training procedures, exercises, social calls, Orders, you name it.

Please pick one of your characters for this section, and provide well articulated responses to the following questions.

Character name:Greg Thasslethain

Character age:46

Please provide a short biography of this character (approx 2 paragraphs):

>>ID-Clearence:[Captain]

>>Nanotrasen Database

>>Personal File: Greg Tasslethain

>>Access Granted......

Greg before Nanotrasen employment, was an space dock worker in Altair for the local starship industry owned by Einstien Engines. His education in the assembly and maintenance of starship technology was superb compared to the average compatriot.

Nanotrasen ordered a deep space exploration vessel from Einstein Engines, and a team of highly skilled engineers for the mission they planned. Upon completion the 1km long space vessel was dubbed The Last Envoy. Every backup plan feasible incorporated into the ship.

Greg was hired as an Ship maintenance Technician, an Engineer. The Mission of "The Last Envoy" simple, tour the inner belt of the galaxy. Return with as much Artifacts, and scientific data plausible. For the harsh duration of such an extensive trip; most of the ship crew was enhanced with prosthetic harnesses to endure the extremes that could come about upon a deep space exploration mission.

The ships first and last port of call was New Biesel, crewed with the required scientific staff, and some additional security. Within a week of arrival The Last Envoy had departed.

The deep space voyager was supposed to return after 2 years. However instead it returned after 10 years to the port of New Gibson. The once gleaming spire of interstellar travel, The Last Envoy was battered and only a quarter of the crew remained, Greg Included.

Emergency medical care was given to the injury, and those relatively unscathed given a checkup, then a psychological exam. Greg was traumatized from the experiences of the trip, similar symptoms to post traumatic stress syndrome. After a two month rehabilitation he was released as an healthy human being.

From there Greg Thasslethain has worked several outer band shifts on Research outpost stations like Aurora, or Exodus. His work record impeccable.

What do you like about this character?: He is an engineer through and through. Wants to keep the peace, and loves to build.

What do you dislike about this character?:He is stern, and to the point. Dislikes socializing. Hard on the crew when they make mistakes.

Do you think this character is fit to be a Head of Staff?:Yes.

Why?:He is a veteran of running independent space vessels in deprived extremes. He may not have much command experience, but can make it up with sheer knowledge and know how on how to keep everyone in a pressurized tin can alive.

Please provide well articulated and argument-ed answers to the following questions.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?: 8/10, but really I don't care about how I rate my own role play, I care a bit more about how others would rate it.

Extra notes: I've been playing as much SS13 as I can but haven't had too much time during the week. However I hope to fill in the Head of Staff positions when needed, because most of the time when I'm on, there are a lot of holes or just a big one, in the command structure(As in no Head of Staff, or just one)