Experiment: Civilian for a day

Cassie

Right, I broke my own self-ban to try and test this idea. Results:

Experiment: C

How many interactions did you get: A lot. There is a variation, some people responded, others didn't. A few of the veteran players engaged in RP with little trouble, while not breaking their character and out of the way to engage in RP. Overall, it was positive.

How was your experience with other civilians? Departmental workers? Heads? Sec?: It was good, especially my fellow cargo tech who I did my fluff crime with. We ordered goats and other animals and hid them across the station and gave them radios set to public channel. This is something a cargo tech did once while I was cap, and I wanted to see it from their perspective. The Captain ordered us detained and fired for neglect of duty. The security officer was too eager to use force, which, as a veteran sec player, I know is kind of a crime. However, considering the gamemode was ninja and people security was dying while we were fucking around, it is quite understandable. All things considered, a demotion was well deserved considering we wasted cargo resources, a lot of them, as a joke.

How does this compare to your usual playing role:Compared to Captain? Zero stress, zero responsability. In a way, our fucking around did in no way ruin the round. If I did that as a Captain, I would get crucified and would ruin the round. It was fun, had much more RP then I usually get as a Captain.

If you were new to Aurora (as someone new to RP) would you come back: Considering this atmosphere was the reason I stayed at Aurora the first time, most likely yes.

If you were new to Aurora (as someone experienced in RP) would you come back: Maybe not. It depends on how complex your interactions you expect to be. As someone used to Aurora, I can't say.

Did you enjoy the round: Yes.

Notes: Vira was as pissy as Elena would be. I see why people are afraid to talk to my character. Ehh. I also got put in a cell, alright, farely, but without proper questioning. This is okay, because the cell was suppose to be a punishment, so no questioning was done because my reason to do it was already concluded, I did it as a joke and I said so many times.

Alright, this is my conclusion. Either I'm not seeing it from the right angle or people's RP sucks. Every time I'm antag, I'm able to produce complex interactions and plots, with little trouble. People's lack of need initiative is sometimes a problem, but I just expect too much. If you aren't having fun or enough RP, this is your problem. I was able to get a lot of RP through my own merit, if it doesn't go perfectly as you wanted, deal with it.

Experiment? (A/B/C): B
How many interactions did you get?: consult IC report
How was your experience with other civilians? Departmental workers? Heads? Sec?: consult IC report
How does this compare to your usual playing role?: well, usually i play IAA or brig. sometimes science and mining. it was a lot more RP tailored, which made me regret choosing not to engage people more
If you were new to Aurora (as someone new to RP) would you come back? yas someone new to RP? well i couldn't really answer that. i suppose yes, but this is coming from someone who adores roleplaying so...take that as you wish
If you were new to Aurora (as someone experienced in RP) would you come back? yes,i came here as a uneducated and playing bald wasn't as bad as i thought it will be.
Did you enjoy the round? (y/n) yes
Notes:

INCOMING TRANSMISSION FROM [JONATHAN MURRAY] TO BBM INDUSTRIES

after hearing reports of bald discrimination i, Jonathan Murray, have decided to investigate the Aurora station and file this report to Beautiful Bald men industries. As i infiltrated the staff posing as a cargo technician, i came onboard and was immediately greeted by a fellow bald head. This one was scaly, i assumed our organization has not sent him. i stared at him for some time. A fellow nurse soon came and hugged him very suddenly, they whispered to each other for a while. i saw no discrimination here, so i moved on. As i was looking for a spot to change my clothes in in peace, not favoring all these haired freaks staring at my glorious bald 6 packs, i saw a certain someone just up and change clothes in front of a locker. Assuming this is a custom, i slipped into my old man clothes and took my walking stick, leaning on it. I decided to spare my words, saying only "weird" and "nothing, nothing" to a fellow patrolling officer. As my Modus Operandi is usually, i took to speaking broken Tau Ceti.

after seeing the Cargo and how it looked, i noticed i was the only one in Cargo. that did not bother me, nay, it made my job easier. I ordered a crate for kitchen and dragged it there, stating simply "crate" when i arrived. my job was quick and without attachments, just like my women.

as i came back i saw that the Captain was changing /his/ clothes in his office, he was even older then me. It was a horrifying sight. i later saw him walking with a stick and in old man clothes, just like me, i rushed and managed to defeat him in our fast cane walking duel across the hallway, for that is how we of old show dominance. I am certain he was impressed and terrified as he retired to his office.

Another crate, as i dragged metal and glass to R&D my old legs started to hurt. I have decided to order myself a tug, as i saw it listed in the options. Almost no words were spoken between our transaction yet again, but an officer did ask me if i saw an old man walk by.I saw a bald brother, chaplain, and have decided to integrate into bald society.

Starting from Cargo i handed a box of donuts to Jade. i found them in disposals next to a large sum of dead rats. i decided to not tell her this. On a later note when i have spoken up about it she told me "Old man, go hit rocks". the expression eludes me. I have gotten a tug, it does wonders on my bones.

Talking to Hartam i asked a couple of questions such as "You preach religion?" "How many have you converted so far?" and whether he wanted a tug, feeling the pain of being old and bald myself. He told me people aren't very religious and he WAS discriminated, but only because of religion. As i felt a Bald Bond forming between us, my quest to integrate into the inner bald circle was nearing it's final stage. I asked "You interest me", "Do you take apprentices". And he generously provided me with a book describing his religion. The church of Holy Light. It spoke of compassion, tenacity, and our close, close bound to the universe. I took to reading it in the bar. no one in particular minded me, an IPC had a spin on the tug and the bartender was quite alright. No one initiated conversations with me, but then again i was partly reading and didn't initiate much either. As i heard of the misfortunes of Carton Winston, i tried to grasp this elusive concept of "compassion". drinking syndicate bombs and driving arriving to security, i failed to find him and tried to stop a thief from committing suicide by bribing him money on comms. Judging by my bank account, i pray for his soul.

I ordered pizza and a corgi for the bar, seeing as most station personnel was there. I also carried around a Plasma cutter around, later also a knife for the pizza. i was pleasantly surprised no one minded that. felt a little bad for the chef until he called me a skinhead [ACCOUNT ONE OF BALD DISCRIMINATION]

an Unknown PDA'd me, demanding I order a ballistics crate. I did as such, assuming it was security. Unknown instructed me to leave it near maintenance door. I included a box of donuts too. I stamped, approved and filed all the paperwork in the drawer. Suddenly the Unknown told me to get a miner to open it. I see Jade in front of Cargo with a fellow officer. The PDA beeps once again- "I am losing my patience with the miner. Tell him that if he does not leave the holodeck, Rasine will die. If you or him say a word, Rasine will die."

Jade has made her way inside Cargo, the box is near the maintenance in docking bay. I run there. my mind of flooded of images of her eating the rat infested trash donuts. I filed all the paperwork, they'll get me, i'm sure of it.

Aaron isn't responding, Jade strolls inside, almost near the box. Thank god i was in a tug because i was too shaken to stand. Eying that baton at all times, She says she is taking the box. Wait, now there is a quartermaster and another cargo tech, getting another box is going to be hard, but at least i am not in brig. I rush to holodeck, swearing to the Unknown i will get another box, i swear, just don't hurt anyone. He tells me to tell Miner to follow instructions and delete messages. I decide not to. Later Aaron corners me, asking me what i know. i drop composure. i tell him in normal god damn Tau Ceti that i don't know. I draw out my PDA and show him our conversation. He swears to kill him. This is not compassion. What have i done?

It is ok, she gets saved later. I am glad. i regain composure and fall back into my facade of broken Tau Ceti.

Not much happen. i mysteriously don't see corgi in bar, wonder what happen. Only one case of Bald discrimination. On departures i meet a fellow BBM employee and we rub our bald heads together.

Overall Staff rating; 7/10

Overall B(a)oldness rating; would come back

Jonathan Murray

@Bokasa:

There is one flaw with your experiment. This is not an RP fluff crime, leaving animals near an intercom is likely more classed as a classic griefing crime. That affects things drastically. Examples of RP fluff crimes are:

• Taking alcoholic beverages out of the bar and having security notice you doing it.
  • Climbing over the bar counter to steal bottles of alcohol when the bartender is away.
  • Getting into a drunken verbal fight.
  • Gambling.

Basically, crimes that are RP'ed. Not sure if you're able to identify the difference, but, Bokasa it is huge. I don't personally feel that security should have to deal with grief crimes to be honest.

@Johnny Mnemonic:

This is great, within a few things I need to point out:

This thread isn't about RP'ing as a baldie, both experience A and B require you to RP knowledge of the game as well as grammar. Just one uses emotes and the other doesn't.

And, you probably missed this work of art when you came into my bar.

Solomon Pierce frowns at the baldie.

But yes, glad you enjoyed the experience.