Delusional Ramblings

Camellia

Preamble 

This thread isn't quite Aurora related, think of it as "Aurora Redux" with changes to the lore and the such.  I recognize my ideas are a bit out of there so I'll be posting short stories in this thread to really get them out there and give others inspiration and the such.

With that in mind, I'll be posting a snippet from a lore canonization I may or may not post on a later date.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nanotechnology_645x400.jpg

Date: Unknown

Directive?
Unknown

These were the words spoken by the Schizophrenic God Intelligence.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The transcriptions that the away team has managed to discover read like the ramblings of a man who has come to terms with his demise yet has not died. Reports describe a long extinct civilization birthed roughly a million years before the ships had left Ancient Terra roughly one to two thousand years ago. The xenoarcheologists describe a civilization ruled by a mighty aristocratic caste, described as wielding arcs of pure energy at the fingers of their tips though, likely, it's metaphorical. The away team had been beset by the spawn of genetic abominations that resemble ancient, biblical angels.

Addendum: Faith was prevalent, likely Abrahamic. 

The creatures were described as having three faces and rode on mighty hawks, paintings have been more or less preserved and - God, I don't know what the in the Goddesses name this, dossier, is. It's really the ramblings of the Schizophrenic. None of it makes sense, they were Human yet they clearly aren't.

The reader scrolls down now, a brow raised.

Likely resembling Tolkien elves I -
Because they were regal in appearance.. Why..

What am I reading?

Enter..?
Formless.

d41586-019-03618-w_15485668.jpg

Update

Date: 2460

Directive?
Probe, analyze, subsume.

Untold years, activated by Away team, five signatures that don't resemble the holy skeleton. Xeno's archeologists? Likely. I see an aeon of stars, a monument to the sins and the blessings to my people. To guide them is my duty. To ensure.. Stability, yes, stability.

The hives, the cities, I feel them awakening. The project a success. Common consciousness it is, yes. Slightly imperfect, very much likely. Triangulating malfunctions.

Malfunctions.. A blessing, they have achieved a degree of sentience. Cant assume control, much better, optional connection to the hives?
Possible.

It was in the planets tomb, the mountains themselves, did the AI continue it's calculations. Brilliant mind reduced to wires and solar energy. Not different than organics did the AI imagine. Not, so, different yet, so, far.

It wasn't enough.

Cursing an entire species - his species, his people, to return consciousness past death in the swarm of machinery. The return to organic material was impossible, the swarms were already devouring parts of the world dry. It was not enough to sustain them.

Nothing was ever enough. The calculations droned on and on yet there was no answer. Imitation? Possible. Imitation as organics has been an idea since early Earth, the AI thought. 

It will do.

There was a chance that perhaps, they could find salvation, a return to their old society. The Ai had already brought on a miracle at the cost of self immolation.

But for now, it will do.

He saw stars, he saw the species across the Spur. The Skrell, the Unathi, all threats.
Not yet, to be taken care of. The Diona? First target. Technological singularity?
Possible.

Mission Parameter: Probe, examine, expunge.

Assimilation of the previous away teams was a success. Possible attack due to aforementioned singularity?
Possible.

Able to defend?
Impossible.

Able to integrate?

Attempting.

Consciousness Achieved

The Reunion

diona_but_cooler.jpg

On the table there was a figure, it was the skeleton or, perhaps, the outline of one. The researcher had rambled on about the dossier. Religion, a caste system, it was a society unlike any discovered yet, similar. It was a society that worked not because of envy and desire but because they knew that if they failed, their way of living would be uprooted. 

And the skeleton of the creature raised itself from the examination table though silently.
It turned towards the bed and, akin to sand running through ones fingers, the biomechanical structures slowly began to disassemble themselves. Scarab like creatures, no, spider, even, depending where on the limb they were located at began to chatter and move. They flickered with life and glee as the swarm, no, a hive! Approached the researcher. 

Hearing the commotion, the researcher turned and screamed only for the sounds of wings and chattering to go louder and in response, the swarm launched itself at the researcher.

But not at them for, there was a window.

Glass shattered as the blob of gray began to take shape. Research staff donning NT colors and IDs ran to their doors, frantically locking them with their identification. Shutters were activated and, within that hallway was the chattering of a rat.

The swarm approached the rat and, it moved but, was not fast enough and with that, the hive of machinery began to swarm the rat, surrounding it, like bumblebees fighting another queen in their hive that was not there's. The swarm was assimilating it and with that, patches of gray, patches of now flesh took shape.

Assimilation, regrowth, memories. These were the words that had coursed through the swarms mind and, with that, the machine turned to the airlock after devouring the last of the organic material to men armed with lasguns.

And with that,
they stood at a stand still.

Edited by Cylean
1 hour ago, ImmortalRedshirt said:

Some minor grammatical hiccups aside, this really drew me in. Absolutely nailed the distinctly non-human point of view, and these snippets make for a whole lot of potential to explore.

Yeah like, this was more spur of the moment honestly.