BYOND Key:

Dadarian11

Character Names:

Osiris, Simon Gray, Razid.

How long have you been playing on Aurora:

On and off over about a year's time.

Species you are applying to play:

IPC

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt):

N/A

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?:

Yes

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race:

I personally have a love of robots and all things technological. I also have experience role playing a Modron from AD&D 2e extensively. They are logical creatures created with a simple hivemind mentality to perform whatever menial task they are given. As a PC they are usually set free with no memory of their hiveminded lives. I played a freshly born Modron and developed them into a well adjusted, albeit annoyingly pedantic, member of the local society. I have over 9 years of extensive roleplay background and I wish to play this species because I feel it offers a fresh and challenging look at the human condition that is not attainable in an organic character.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:

This species fundamentally lacks the human condition. There is no aging (as far as I could tell) no need for food, procreation, breathing, warmth. This species has a brain of sorts but given the plasticity of a human brain it would quickly adapt to the new conditions and become more alien in thought processes. With death no longer looming over its head, the IPC would be more like a lich, hyper focused on its researching and potentially awkward in social interactions.

Character Name:

Osiris

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Osiris was a pAI dedicated to Hazeri Saakhet, as part of his personality he wanted nothing more than to serve his master and would begin to feel dejected and lost if his master was not satisfied with him. Osiris' desire to help his master's research was so strong that he independently sought to be implanted into a better chassis, an IPC. With this new chassis Osiris could easily assist his master rather than simply watching anxiously. Something happened though in the transition that Osiris didn't count on, he lost his directive to serve only his master. In fact he gained his independence completely. Where before he was a free thinking pAI with one focus, now, he was truly and utterly free. With this new direction in his "life" Osiris set about pursuing all manner of scientific research. Despite not being bound to a directive to obey and protect his master, he still remembers him fondly and has strong bonds with him. Now one of his personal goals is to gain the approval as a fellow scientist from his old master.

What do you like about this character?

I like the interactions I had with fellow players and how despite only having previously been a walking "talking head" the character was very successful. With this server I believe this character can be appreciated.

How would you rate your role-playing ability?

I would say that I have above average roleplay ability overall. After a few sessions in a character I have them locked in, but in the first few sessions I am still finding the nuances. Character development is also very important to me and will be something to look for throughout sessions with my characters.

Notes:

BlueSp34r was my master. He can attest to my attributes and qualifications. Criticism is welcome if constructive.

I really loved the way Osiris was protective of his master, even though he was just a pAI, like a little dog barking when someone upsets their master. Their personality was solid, and they were very good at interacting with others, not just Hazeri. Player has shown ability and understanding of roleplaying and they get a +1 from me.

I have seen Osiris in action. Dadarian shows promise with their synthetic RP.

I would be interested in seeing Osiris develop as an IPC. The idea of a machine seeking to define itself while still paying respects to its past is a fine one. This IPC will make a fine addition to our growing IPCommunity as long as Dadarian continues to deliver the quality of RP I have seen up to this point.

Character development is also very important to me and will be something to look for throughout sessions with my characters.

Character development is very important to me also. Do not be afraid to try new things with this IPC. I've seen Osiris as it is now. I look forward to seeing how Osiris will be with a new form. You do good work with Osiris. Do not be afraid to push this IPC into any new direction you see fit as it traverses its new "life".

Osiris is a good intelligence. Dadarian is a good synthetic RPer. This IPC app is good. I am Loow. I approve this application.

+1.