Reporting Personnel: Logan Wright
Job Title of Reporting Personnel: Head of Security
Game ID: cfm-dhAt

Personnel Involved:

Bryant Royston, Phoron Researcher: Offender

Viggo Sook, Visitor: Offender

Kathira El-Hashem, Investigator: Witness

Secondary Witnesses: 

Fezile Burns, Security Officer: Obtained information regarding the "prank" from Viggo Sook, including the voice changer used to perform the act. Later was aggressive in detaining Royston and reportedly beat them, causing minor injury which was addressed with a minor assault charge.

Qoi Liuiq, Station Engineer: Was essentially promoted to interim during the incident, as we expected massive station damage. Obtained telecomms information indicating that the message was sent by a person, not by the Tachyon Doppler Array

Darvan Omega, Station Engineer: Was present in telecomms to the information obtained by Liuiq.

Oskeha Uzokiusu, Chief Medical Officer: Can attest to the event in terms of the fake announcements coming through. Was also kept apprised during the event as it transpired.

Rrhuyala Rrhakaslav'Karimi, Warden: May have witnessed the end of the confrontation between Burns and Royston. Can also attest to statements made during processing/the fake announcements.

Graziana Stoica, Investigator: In charge of the investigation into the death of Troy Woollard. Informed me that it appeared the miner had either sustained the injuries themselves or been impacted by explosion.

Anastasia Kalyna, First Responder: Witnessed the confrontation between Royston and Burns. Held Royston on the floor until he was restrained by myself after the confrontation. Can attest to the fake announcements.

Mike Bisenti, Security Officer: Apprehended Viggo Sook after the discovery of the true nature of the incident.

Time of Incident: Unknown

Real Time: 1700 CST, 06DEC21
Location of Incident: General Communications/Aft Primary Hallway

Nature of Incident:
[ ] - Workplace Hazard
[ ] - Accident/Injury
[ ] - Destruction of Property
[ ] - Neglect of Duty
[ ] - Harassment
[X] - Assault
[X] - Misconduct
[X] - Terrorism

Overview of the Incident: During the pre-announced visit of Unathi merchants for the festival on the listed date, Viggo Sook and Bryant Royston conspired to commit an act of terror against the crew, Unathi visitors, and waste station resources.

At some point during the shift, Royston commented that he would be testing explosives involving nitroglycerin and other high explosives combined. These announcements were then followed by 2 alert messages from the Tachyon Doppler Array, indicating that the blasts had caused damaged to the station, or were at risk of doing so. He was then ordered by Command to cease testing explosives that were causing such alarms. Simultaneous to this, a shaft miner, Troy Woollard, became in distress, and later died. A manslaughter investigation was then begun to determine if the explosions were the cause of this, as he had been in the Mine when he was injured, which should not be affected by blasts from the test range.

Some 5-10 minutes after this order was made, an alert came over the Tachyon Doppler Array that indicated the "Diner" (presumed to be kitchen area) was about to be impacted by a high explosive in 3 minutes. Crew were immediately evacuated to the fore end of the station, and into Cargo. After several minutes, there was no impact. At this point, Qoi Liuiq suggested to myself that we investigate the telecommunication logs to determine if the message was in fact sent from the proper channel. Myself, Qoi, and Darvan Omega then went to telecomms, at which point it was discovered that the message originated from a sapient lifeform - not from the automated system. At around this time, Officer Burns informed me that Viggo Sook had admitted to him that him and Royston had found a voice changer in maintenance earlier in the shift, then conspired together to fool the crew into thinking that there were two dangerous explosions on the test range, then that the kitchen and bar area were about to be destroyed by a large bomb. They did this by utilizing a voice changer to sound as if it were the TTS voice of the Tachyon Doppler Array on the Common channel. I immediately ordered both of their arrests, and issued warrants to that effect. Royston had just been released from questioning regarding the death of the miner by El-Hashem, as the autopsy was still underway. Royston refused an order to return to the brig and was then found by Officer Burns in the aft hallway.

At this point a confrontation beyond just apprehending him began, and Officer Burns reportedly struck Royston several times, causing minor injuries, for which he was given a charge for minor assault. El-Hashem, Karimi, and Kalyna intervened. Kalyna held Royston down until I arrived to apprehend him properly. Due to the inbound transfer shuttle, we were rushed for time for full questioning regarding this incident, but I ordered them transferred to Odin holding temporarily.

Submitted Evidence: N/A

Would you like to be personally interviewed?: 
[X] - Yes
[ ] - No

Did you report it to a Head of Staff or a superior? If so, who? If not, why?: I was the superior
Actions taken: Investigation was opened into the potential manslaughter of the miner. Royston and Sook were arrested and charged with hooliganism and making threats of murder/serious injury. Burns was charged with minor assault. This report.

Additional Notes: While I had fully intended on making a report post-shift, on further thought into the matter, I believe their actions rise to the level of terrorism. The two of them caused a massive disruption to the crew, as well as fear and panic, as many of the crew feared that a serious disaster was about to occur. They also wasted station resources in the extended investigation, including into the manslaughter investigation, which at this point seems like it may have been an unfortunately timed accident as opposed to true manslaughter.

TO: Logan Wright, Head of Security, NSS Aurora

SUBJECT: RE: Incident Report

--------------------

BODY:

This is an automated message to inform you that an investigation has now been opened regarding your incident report, and assigned to Neriah Valli (ramke).

You may be contacted by the CCIAA for an interview, or you may contact them directly if you have any questions.

--------------------

DTG: 09-02:56-TAU CETI STANDARD-12-2463

SIGN: CCIAAMS

TO: Logan Wright, Head of Security, NSS Aurora

SUBJECT: RE: Incident Report

--------------------

BODY:

The investigation of this incident has concluded, and appropriate action has been taken for affected individuals.

This matter will now be considered resolved.

--------------------

DTG: 16-19:22-TAU CETI STANDARD-12-2463

SIGN: N. Valli

• Ramke locked this topic