E.C.O.M. Relay & Information Service

E.R.I.S.

A new public broadcast service linked to all common extranet outlets to keep all personnel appraised of changes and updates to the E.C.O.M. system.

Brought to you by Solomon Synthetic Alternative Systems, Incorporated.

-----

SSASI would like to welcome you to our first post from the E.C.O.M. Relay & Information System, also known as E.R.I.S. This system will become our primary source of updates, changelogs, guides, and other information pertaining to your Emergency, Command, and Operations Module installed aboard your facilities and vessels.

For those of you unaware of what E.C.O.M. is, this system is a fully computerized replacement for more complicated, expensive, and in some cases, unwieldy artificial intelligences. Instead of operating off of a positronic matrix that emulates sentience, E.C.O.M. systems are an event-driven, proprietary software capable of performing most, if not all, of the same functions as an AI system, but without the risks and hassle associated with an intelligence. For more information, please refer to the Solomon Synthetic Alternative Systems, Incorporated website.

-----

Today's E.R.I.S. bulletin is not just an announcement of E.R.I.S. itself, but also an announcement of a major E.C.O.M. update currently in the works and slated for release with the SCC's new Horizon project:

E.C.O.M. Version 2.7.0

This new feature update brings with it the following highly requested updates:

• A more robust monitoring algorithm for detecting messages and commands, even those not immediately directed at E.C.O.M.
  • A more refined alert broadcasting algorithm to reduce cross-talk for personnel with access to multiple radio frequencies. Broadcasts are now limited to 2 channels per alert.
  • Automated System Reminders framework and submission platform for command personnel to populate E.C.O.M.'s ASR database with customized messages.
  • Persistent directives, that are automatically enabled whenever specific command personnel are on duty. For those of you with very specific E.C.O.M. setups!
  • Various bug fixes and other minor enhancements.

In addition to the above updates, a new Guide to Using E.C.O.M. Systems is in the works and will release alongside the update.

Beta versions of E.C.O.M. version 2.7.0 will be deployed across certain active NanoTrasen facilities for live testing.