23-04-2464 C. Xullie After Action Report RE: "Dionae Colony"

Date: 23-04-2464

Name: Conservan Xullie

Purpose of report: Debriefing and photo log of Intrepid shuttle expedition (Expedition) to derelict ship AKA "Dionae Colony" (Derelict)

NB: All photographs taken from standard issue polaroid and scanned in for incorporation in the report

As one of two engineers assigned to the Expedition, C. Xullie assumed a support role as security, bridge crew, and scientists took charge. The Intrepid, after leaving Horizon, docked with the identified Derelict and deployed a synth cyborg to determine atmosphere. After identifying that we were safely docked, security and science took point out of the shuttle and established a secure zone in the 'atrium' of the Derelict. Shortly after docking, away team encountered three xen dionae, see photograph:

98151176_Auroraexpedition8.jpg.a4c48244e2f9a23d41b4b8ca3878fbed.jpgPhoto 1: Three Dionae encountered in the derelict ship and/or dionae colony, one armed with what appears to be a stunprod, the others holding lanterns.

Dionae appeared to be non-hostile, but unable to communicate. Meanwhile, engineering constructed an inflatable airlock to the starboard of the courtyard and facilitated mining expedition into rock due starboard. NB. At some point, inflatable airlock lost integrity and vented atrium and eventually Intrepid, additional training for inflatable airlocks for non-engineering crew recommended. C. Xullie continued along starboard with two miners, identified as B. Haugen and K. Urzka, and proceeded to map the entire exterior of the Derelict. At this time, we were advised to not touch anything 'biological', an example of which is visible in Photograph 1 above. Crew made sure to only touch man-made structures, and determine the Derelict to be a mixture of rock, metal, glass, and biologicals. It is determined that the Derelict has, or had, propulsion at some point, based on the following:

590809055_Auroraexpedition1.jpg.cf9504ef11073f85076bdfc99fa0a5b5.jpgPhoto 2: Cross-view of derelict propulsion system from port side of vessel.

727980146_Auroraexpedition2.jpg.351ce6b32180c7cea4e2b4c0047638cd.jpgPhoto 3: Portside edge of derelict propulsion system, from port side of vessel.

The Derelict itself appears to be in several pieces, much of the starboard portion is separated from the primary atrium, but the portside appears to be stitched together by aforementioned biological matter. To the fore of the Derelict appears to be a large command deck, with a wide reinforced glass viewing area and multiple positions for computer setups with chairs and tables.

1440142769_Auroraexpedition3.jpg.edebdc36b0c74eb8c8c8497e31e7e316.jpgPhoto 4: What appears to be a command setup in the bridge portion of the vessel, positioned with the remains of a computer system overlooking reinforced glass windows.

Interestingly, in addition to Dionae we also encountered multiple carp on the Derelict. These carp, however, appeared to be docile in nature and did not attack on sight. The first carp encountered was terminated by miners, as it was in the same room at us and took us by surprise. Further carp were initially observed through windows. Although they could clearly see us, these carp did not attack.

1674484075_Auroraexpedition7.jpg.5b411593451582a422db26d19cad9766.jpgPhoto 5: Carp observed during first-pass of bridge section of derelict. Appeared docile and did not attack glass windows to get at myself and miners.

After a quick return to Intrepid to refuel jetpacks and eat some food, C. Xullie and miners proceeded with entry of the bridge section of the Derelict. As suspected, despite close proximity, the carp did not attack, and let us walk past. Xullie and miners proceeded towards the aft down a long hallway, and identified multiple rooms and hallways blocked by biological growths. As instructed, we left biological materials alone. Directly aft of the Command Deck was a hallway of rooms terminating in a biological wall, containing what appears to be crew quarters:

337993660_Auroraexpedition4.jpg.78c398f85795b060f5ede9e7c90b4885.jpgPhoto 6: What appears to be abandoned crew quarters, down a long hallway from the bridge. Encountered five such rooms, all with a closet, table, and bed.

Additional carp identified within suspected crew quarters, and confirmed to be friendly. See following photographs of the encounter. It is noted that miners B Haugen and K Urzka retrieved this carp, now designated Steve, and brought it aboard the Intrepid and eventually back to the Horizon.

1490242374_Auroraexpedition5.jpg.ccbc9bca82649a7e32646bce6694ea67.jpgPhoto 7: Apparently friendly carp, photographed alongside myself within one of the abandoned crew quarters.

548204143_Auroraexpedition6.jpg.9dd6bb500f33e5cd538e10f48f264c48.jpgPhoto 8: Selfie-style photograph of myself and miners B. Haugen and K. Urzka alongside friendly carp "Steve"

At this time we were instructed to leave Derelict and return to Intrepid, as the Horizon was due to return to base. We were unable to finish mapping the path aft, and needed to run to make it to Intrepid. On my way back to the shuttle, I encountered a stranded scientist floating in space, and assisted with their reentry to the Derelict and got them on board Intrepid prior to departure. All crew accounted for and Intrepid arrived at Horizon on-time for scheduled bluespace transit.

It is noted that, after arrival at Horizon, and while entering the elevator, the sensors malfunctioned and dropped from floor three to floor 1, allowing me to plummet down the elevator shaft. I recommend the switches be checked to prevent operation of the elevator while an individual is within the elevator airlocks, where I was when this event occurred.

Xullie

Edited by Conservatron
Revised details